Worst -new- guns.

PDA

KaceCoyote
March 22, 2004, 01:31 AM
Ok hers a new one. Whats absolute -worst- handgun/pistol/rifle whatever made today. For me its the Seecamp .32. I've seen two of these things jam so tight they had to be sent back to the factory to be fixed on their first magazine. Heard all sorts've horror stories.

If you enjoyed reading about "Worst -new- guns." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TechBrute
March 22, 2004, 01:59 AM
I think we should get a pool going on how long it takes someone to mention Glock, AR15s, or anything in 9mm.

It's probably not the worst thing out there, but the worst thing I've owned is a Baikal O/U. Mechanically, it's just fine, but the guard on the double trigger would bruise my middle finger after a round of trap.

I've been pretty lucky with guns.

Wildalaska
March 22, 2004, 02:05 AM
For me its the Seecamp .32. I've seen two of these things jam so tight they had to be sent back to the factory to be fixed on their first magazine. Heard all sorts've horror stories.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah

WildgreatjokethreadAlaska

glockcrazy
March 22, 2004, 02:11 AM
Whoaa !!!!!

Leave Glocks outa this thread !!!! :D

This topic is best suited for Lorcins and such.....

mike

PATH
March 22, 2004, 02:21 AM
Here we go!:D American made PPK. Please note I did not say anything about Glock! Honestly! I really did not!:D

sm
March 22, 2004, 02:21 AM
I still say it was the RG .38spl a fella had some years ago. Sometimes the lead would actually exit via the bbl. :D

Preacherman
March 22, 2004, 02:37 AM
Have to agree on the RG's... I never found even one that would function with 100% reliability. A couple of weeks back, at the local gun show, there was a guy in one booth with a RG .44 Magnum ( :what: ) for $275. I took all my friends past the booth to show them the "shooting-range trigger-activated hand-grenade" - many chuckles, but none of us bought it!

Double Maduro
March 22, 2004, 03:21 AM
Preacherman, sm,

RG? What is an RG, Please?

DM

Zeke Menuar
March 22, 2004, 03:28 AM
The worst gun I have owned that is still on the market is the Ruger P-95.

My nominees for worst gun still? on the market is a tie between the Remington 710 and Remington Etronix.

ZM

stv
March 22, 2004, 03:32 AM
Any gun out of the Ring of Fire, ie Lorcin, Jennings, Bryco, and their ilk.

BluesBear
March 22, 2004, 03:39 AM
Double Maduro, an RG (formerly known as Rohm) is a German handgun company. They specialize in chucky cheaply made handguns. Most of their production is blank firing pistols but they make "real" guns for those either too poor or too stupid to actually buy a real gun.

Their .22 revolvers are the poster children for Saturday Night Specials.
You find almost as much lead spitting to the sides as you will find escaping the muzzle.

I have seen their .44 mag revolvers and the thought of anyone shooting one actually scares me.

Double Maduro
March 22, 2004, 03:55 AM
Thanks Blues Bear

DM

The_Antibubba
March 22, 2004, 05:00 AM
Is the RG worse than a Rexio? Those make Lorcins look like S&Ws!

Preacherman
March 22, 2004, 08:32 AM
If Rexios make Lorcins look like S&W's, the RG's make Jennings look like Les Baers!

:what: :mad: :barf:

TerryBob
March 22, 2004, 08:43 AM
I met a man years ago that claimed that his life was saved by an RG revolver. True or not, the story goes like this. He said that he was being held up at the gas station that he was working at. A BG with an RG robbed him and tried to shoot him but the hammer feel of of the gun when he pulled the trigger. Not sure if it's a real story but the man swore to it.

TerryBob

foghornl
March 22, 2004, 09:13 AM
Not made anymore, but the worst of the cheapies I have seen were the "Clerke" brand in 22LR or .32 (Don't remember which .32). Had an RG 22LR revolver once, too, that I couldn't hit a 10" paper plate beyond 3 yards with it.

The "Clerkes" were made in the '60's & '70's. Pot metal frame & barrel, with a thin steel liner in cylinder and barrel. Think that in 1974, sold new for around $30.

Bigdog
March 22, 2004, 01:48 PM
Back in the seventies, I bought an RG57 (.357 Magnum DA revolver) from an airforce buddy. I had it for a year or so, fired it often with .38s and full-power .357s - never a problem. Then I read a couple things with people bashing RGs - and I sold it off. I've regretted it since. Not a great gun, but not at all bad.

On my list of the worst - that folding abomination that Kel-Tec calls the Sub2000. My shooting buddy has one. Horrible sights, the poorest ergonomics I've ever seen in a gun. At least it does go "BANG!"
It makes my High-Point Carbine look very good. ;)

I'm not anti-Ket-Tec. I shot a friend's little .380 Kel-Tec minigun this past week. Decent little carry piece. I'm also looking forward to trying the SU-16 in .223 Rem.

But that Sub2000 shoulda never seen the light of day . . . :eek:

azrael
March 22, 2004, 09:46 PM
Bigdog,
I agree that there are better weapons around than the Kel-tec S2k...BUT they FOLD IN HALF!!!!!!!

Funny story....was at the range last week...guys comes up to me as I am blasting at targets says:"can you make me a thigh holster for my s2k?"...I of course thought that he was kidding...he wasnt!!!!..

So now my mind is trying to figure out a way to do this and make it pretty at the same time instead of thinking of a name for my new beltslide!!!

GRRRRRRRRR :D

Preacherman
March 22, 2004, 10:20 PM
A name for a thigh holster for a S2K? How about "trousers"?

:neener: :p :D

azrael
March 22, 2004, 10:31 PM
hehahahahaahahaahahaaaaaa:D

nah I was talking about a belt slide that I am getting ready to put on the site...I just cant for the life of me think of a name...To follow the "theme" of my product line it has to be from a horror movie or from mythology...as of right now I am out of ideas:confused:

Third_Rail
March 22, 2004, 10:34 PM
Picture?

azrael
March 22, 2004, 10:38 PM
No pics yet either...

The thigh rig is still in my head and on the drawing board...

The beltslide is on my belt right now holding my Springy XD-9 compact:D

working on getting pics taken of it in the next day or so..

auschip
March 22, 2004, 11:03 PM
hehahahahaahahaahahaaaaaa

nah I was talking about a belt slide that I am getting ready to put on the site...I just cant for the life of me think of a name...To follow the "theme" of my product line it has to be from a horror movie or from mythology...as of right now I am out of ideas

Well, Thanatos is the name of Death in Greek mythology (aka the grim reaper), or you could go with one of the monsters like Cerebrus. Cerebrus guards the gate to Hades. Either of those would be good, and fit the theme.

azrael
March 22, 2004, 11:36 PM
auschip,
I like the thanatos idea...however that is one that I am waiting on...as soon as i can find a grimreaper leather die I am prolly going to use either the name "grim" or maybe the name thanatos...

FWIW...the next model that I have ready (well sort of) is a front and rear pocket 2 in 1...I am getting ready to send a prototype to a good customer to get his feedback on it..Prolly gonna call it the " Chimera "...that is the name so far anyway...

Thanks for the input...any help is appreciated..

BTW...worst pistol I ever bought was one of those AMT .45's...it was a hunk of junk!!

Crom
March 23, 2004, 12:19 AM
A POS Llama Super Commanche in .44 magnum I purchased in the mid-80's for $225.00 Cylinder binding occured with all brands of factory and handloaded .44 magnum ammo. It also shot about 6 inches to the right regardless of the rear sight setting. The only thing it would shoot reliability was .44 Special. What can i say, I was poor back then and it was all i could afford.

I had read a glowing report on it in Guns and Ammo magazine. I did learn a valuable lesson, never believe any gun writer's BS evalauation in a magazine.

I traded it in on an M1 garand a couple of years ago. Dealer allowed me a $175.00 on the trade. I was a happy man :)

Double Maduro
March 23, 2004, 01:07 AM
A friend has a derringer, I don't know the make, in .22 mag. After you fire the 2 shots you have to pry them out of the chambers. I tell him that if he ever has to use it and it doesn't stop the bg he should hand it to him with a couple of rounds. While the bg is trying to get the empties out my friend can make his get away.

Strings
March 23, 2004, 01:59 AM
Worst I ever saw was the first gun dad bought for mom: chrome plated POS (Jennings, Bryco, one of those) in .380. Thing looked gaudy as that oft mentioned Nawlins pimp, and would only feed if held upside down.:what:

Within a week of my trying to get it to work properly, dad got rid of it (not trade: it's still oon the bottomw of Lake Michigan). He replaced it with a Colt Mustang...

Taipei Personality
March 23, 2004, 11:57 AM
A POS Llama Super Commanche in .44 magnum I purchased in the mid-80's for $225.00 Cylinder binding occured with all brands of factory and handloaded .44 magnum ammo

I ordered one of those for a customer during the same time period. The fore-and-aft cylinder play was so bad that you couldn't close the cylinder if the muzzle was pointed down, due to the cylinder hitting the forcing cone. If you tilted it muzzle up you could close it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Worst -new- guns." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!