New Tactical GAME SHOW !!!

PDA

David
March 22, 2004, 01:38 AM
I just saw a promo for a new GAME SHOW called SPYMASTER on TLC.

Based on the commercial it appears this show will let "regular" people train (including, it appears, using firearms) and compete to be on a "SWAT team" -- it looks like it has some POTENTIAL to be an interesting show.

I think the first show will air March 30.

Anyone else see this commerical or have any further info on this new tactical game show?

:D :what: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "New Tactical GAME SHOW !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
March 22, 2004, 01:43 AM
I have neither heard nor seen this commercial. Is Skunkabilly going Hollywood?:D

Mulliga
March 22, 2004, 01:46 AM
Is it going to be a game show, or more like a "Survivor" reality show?

It takes a long time to become proficient with that stuff IMHO.

TechBrute
March 22, 2004, 01:51 AM
It takes a long time to become proficient with that stuff IMHO. Everyone knows that as soon as you buy something with an HK label you are an expert shot.

David
March 22, 2004, 02:53 AM
Good point...

It may be more of a REALITY SHOW than a game show.

grnzbra
March 22, 2004, 05:53 PM
Is that TLC as in "The Learning Channel"?

I sure do miss Combat Missions.

Zundfolge
March 22, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sounds like it might be fun ... wonder if it will be as good as the USA Network's Combat Missions (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/combatmissions/) which while it had a bit more silly drama then I'd like, sure looked like a lot of fun :)

David
March 22, 2004, 06:36 PM
I found this info on the new Spymaster show from the TLC (The Learning Channel) website:

"Spymaster
Making the Grade

Ordinary men and women across the U.S. find out if they have what it takes to become a secret agent. In one brutal weekend they are they are subjected to a series of mental and physical challenges that tests their courage, stamina, wits and character."

:what: :D :what:

Also, I found this photo on the site promoting the show -- what type of handgun is in this photo:

:p :D :p

Zundfolge
March 22, 2004, 06:44 PM
Looks like a P99 ... I'm just glad the model is showing proper trigger dicipline :)

artherd
March 23, 2004, 06:39 AM
Neat idea. Hope it plays well.

I think we'll get a glimpse of just how hard this stuff really is, hopefully the guys-off-the-street will get some contrast and time with the 'real deal' as it were.

It will show two things:

- That with just a little bit of basic survival knowlege, just about anyone can learn to defend themselves and act pro-actively to avoid and subdue average street thugs.

- That to really be an Ultimate Badass(TM) takes a lot of time, dedication, and skill.

HankB
March 23, 2004, 09:38 AM
In one brutal weekend they are they are subjected to a series of mental and physical challenges that tests their courage, stamina, wits and character. If it's like other "reality" shows, they'll be eating bugs by the end of the first day. :barf:

Skunkabilly
July 16, 2004, 09:43 PM
"Spymaster
Making the Grade

Ordinary men and women across the U.S. find out if they have what it takes to become a secret agent. In one brutal weekend they are they are subjected to a series of mental and physical challenges that tests their courage, stamina, wits and character."

If they're supposed to be 'secret' agents why are they showing them on TV?

Skunkabilly
July 16, 2004, 09:43 PM
"Spymaster
Making the Grade

If they're supposed to be 'secret' agents why are they showing them on TV?

Warren
July 16, 2004, 09:52 PM
Nice double-tap, Skunk. :p You'll be a superspy yet!

Skunkabilly
July 17, 2004, 12:26 AM
The ATF is going to come after my left-mouse button :uhoh:

Reno
July 17, 2004, 12:42 AM
So what happened with this show? I've never even heard of it, and I couldn't find anything on the TLC website.

buy guns
July 17, 2004, 01:19 AM
is this the same show where they send people to "the farm"?

Sunray
July 17, 2004, 02:09 AM
Nothing on television is as idiotic as these so-called 'reality shows'. All of 'em.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Tactical GAME SHOW !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!