Pennsylvania Centre County Backup

PDA

PATH
March 22, 2004, 12:53 PM
I was surprised to recieve my Pennsylvania CCW just the other day. I called to check up on it last week and was told there was a two month backup. I guess I got in under the wire. Missourri applications have swamped the office according to the lady that answered the phone.

Be patient folks. They are doing the best they can!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania Centre County Backup" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bobs1066
March 22, 2004, 01:02 PM
Path, when did you send in your app? I sent mine at the end of January & I don't think they've cashed the check yet.

PATH
March 22, 2004, 05:50 PM
Sent mine in the second week of February around Valentines day.

S_O_Laban
March 23, 2004, 12:41 AM
Guys, I mailed my app the last week of Feb, and received the copy to sign back on March 11. I promptly signed it and returned it back to them, I'm currently waiting for the final product any day now, I hope:D . I have also heard they were swamped. Given the strong RKBA stance of the sheriff there, I figure to be very patient about the whole process..... if only there where a few more out there like him...

fslflint
March 23, 2004, 12:48 AM
I assume you guys are talking about Denny Nau (pronounced "now"). thats cool. I've met him a few times as I am from centre county, he is a great guy. I never realized that people from out of state liked centre county so much, lol. once I turn 21 it will be a short wait on my permit. since I can just walk in and have it signed and such, just hope he's still sheriff then.

PATH
March 23, 2004, 02:04 AM
Hell, it seems a great RKBA kind of place. Wouldn't mind visiting and spending a few tourist dollars!

clubsoda22
March 23, 2004, 04:55 AM
seing as how missouri allows non-res permits from any state, yet makes you wait until you're 23 and charges you a good chunk of change to get a missouri CCW, i can see PA being a very popular place for missourians to get CCW as we require nothing but $20 and a clean record for a non-res permit.

Mizzoutiger
March 29, 2004, 08:01 PM
Just got mine in the mail today.

Check out the smile on my face. :D

Bob F.
March 29, 2004, 11:35 PM
Corrine in the sheriff's ofc told me last week they got hit with about 3000 apps lately and just can't handle them. Said they're not accepting non-res apps now, please call back in a couple months. Very nice lady. I can understand their predicament.
Stay safe.
Bob

Mizzoutiger
March 30, 2004, 02:02 PM
I have heard that people are sending back their licenses from Centre Co for final processing. However, the instructions on mine, that i just received a couple days ago, just said please sign line so and so, keep original, it is my PA LTC, return the other 2 copies to the Centre Co Sheriff's Office.

Are they just speeding up the process?

S_O_Laban
March 31, 2004, 01:24 AM
Well mine showed up yesterday in the mail. It was not laminated nor reduced but a quick trip to Office Depot and a $1.35 later I had four laminted copies:D Since all they did with mine was return what I signed I don't see why they bother with having you send it back since their currently not laminating them. If they would have done that with mine I would have had mine almost three weeks ago. Thats Okay...God bless Centre County PA:D

md2lgyk
March 31, 2004, 11:54 AM
I mailed my app the first week in March. Hope it got there before they stopped accepting them!

Harry Tuttle
March 31, 2004, 02:09 PM
Centre County, PA
dats my birthplace

State College is the home of PSU
i spent many a fine fall saturday not crammed into the Nittany Lions football stadium

PA Trout seasons gotta be around the corner

PATH
March 31, 2004, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a future vacation destination!:D

Highland Ranger
March 31, 2004, 05:26 PM
Let me ask a question, if you get a Florida permit, doesn't that cover you for everything the PA one would and more?

If so, why would you get a PA permit as opposed to FL if you are non-resident for both states?

Pappy John
March 31, 2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah, Harry. Trout starts 3 Saturdays from now. Always a nice weekend outside. I might fit some shooting into that trip also.

SodiumBenzoate
March 31, 2004, 09:25 PM
If so, why would you get a PA permit as opposed to FL if you are non-resident for both states?

The PA permit is 1/5th the price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania Centre County Backup" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!