hard to find supplies in my area

PDA

RandyRay41
August 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
:cuss: My new pistola .44 remy NA will arrive tomorrow so I went down to local gun store to pick up some needed supplies. I had 2 choices of primers either CCI # 10 or CCI# 11. I bought 1 of each. I had one choice of powder. Pyrodex P, I acquired 1 lb of it. 1 choice of balls, Hornady, .454, so I bought those. I really wanted some conicals, guess I will have to check BassPro shop and see if they have any more BP stuff in as when I went there couple weeks ago, it was very limited!!!! Hopefully with what I already have and what I just purchased I will be able to shoot this weekend!

If you enjoyed reading about "hard to find supplies in my area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tinpan58
August 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
sounds like you got a good startI like remington #10 caps, after about 3 cylinders shooting you will notice some binding do to fouling, get a small can of Pam at the grocery store and spray on the cylinder pin works great, as for conicals they will be hard to find off the shelf, I think most people cast their own. good luck have fun

ivankerley
August 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
where im at, Cincinnati the Bass pro selection was more of an afterthought than a legitimate section really sad and pricey, i found one place in my travels of LGS's that had a decent selection, sad
but ill be hitting NMLRA Friendship in a few weeks should be abe to get supplies there, if i cant get it there were all in trouble:D
Gene

rodwha
August 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
Most outdoors stores seem to cater to .50 cal inlines mostly.

The conicals are about impossible to find at a store.

DGW:
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_99_311_313&products_id=3630&osCsid=99qv77lvqboktk46pt78krtob0

RandyRay41
August 15, 2013, 05:24 PM
Believe I will be ordering most everything offline!!! There is a gun show that comes almost every month to a building right down street from my office. Maybe I will see if anyone there will have any goodies.

ldlfh7
August 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
As long as you can find your primers and powder locally, you won't have to pay a hazmat fee on shipping.

Hellgate
August 16, 2013, 01:34 AM
RandyRay,
It is much less messy to merely apply a drop of olive oil the the juncture of the cylinder front and frame. I keep a small plastic squeeze bottle of oil in my shoot box and whenever the cylinder gets a little gummy I put a drop of oil on the front of the cylinder and twirl it around to work it onto the cylinder pin and she's freed up for another stage or two of the match. I apply the oil after I have all the chambers charged but uncapped. I use automotive or lithium grease on the back of the cylinder and on the pin. Works great and is cheap.

If you enjoyed reading about "hard to find supplies in my area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!