PGO Double Barrel

PDA

PoserHoser
August 16, 2013, 01:15 AM
Interested in building a Pgo side by side for a fun gun / car gun. I haven't seen very many non NFA ones. Must have 18 inch barrel and 26 inch overall length minimum. 12 gauge for ammo availibility. Mainly interested in what model of gun to use as a donor. Pics would be great too.
Any info is appreciated thank you.

Heres an example: http://s251.photobucket.com/user/patriotpa/media/Baikal.jpg.html?#/user/patriotpa/media/Baikal.jpg.html?&_suid=137662620349306550108583478382

If you enjoyed reading about "PGO Double Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hunterdad
August 16, 2013, 12:36 PM
I'd try and find an old stevens or savage. Very well built and pretty affordable.

MCgunner
August 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
Looks pretty useless, but whatever turns your screws. Just cut the butt stock off a 20" coach gun. Don't look like it'd be too difficult. Me, I ain't going to ruin one of the most useful shotguns I own like that, but if you picked up and old Stevens, probably wouldn't be ruining much. Those old things balance like a cinder block, anyway, why not butcher it? Be a fun conversation piece. Just make sure it equals or exceeds the required minimum length.

PoserHoser
August 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
I'm leaning towards a used stoeger. I can't bring myself to chop any old gun.

jeepnik
August 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
Just a hint, make sure it's the minimum over all length. Since SXS' don't have a receiver chopping the butt off might get you into trouble.

PACKIN' PLASTIC
August 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
From a practical standpoint I would leave enough stock to get your shoulder on, similar to the "mare's leg" carbines they are selling these days.

If you cut everything off and keep a straight grip like that the first thing stopping the recoil is your middle finger directly behind the trigger guard. Most men can clamp down on the gun with both hands and shoot it safely but the middle finger on your gun hand always bears the worst of it. With a bit of stock to wedge into your shoulder or elbow area it allows your body to move with the recoil which is much more comfortable.

Notice the grip on this old auto burglar, the recoil catches the web and palm of your hand just like a revolver.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Ithaca-auto-burglar.jpg

PP

If you enjoyed reading about "PGO Double Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!