how to see threads older than a day old?

PDA

chuwee81
August 17, 2013, 03:50 AM
hi there. been away for a while and trying to get back into the groove. I noticed i can only see a day old threads. How can i see or change back the option to 30 days?

Thanks and u guys rock !!

If you enjoyed reading about "how to see threads older than a day old?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
August 17, 2013, 07:41 AM
Down at the very bottom of most pages is the Display Options. You can select period of time shown there.

Derek Zeanah
August 17, 2013, 03:04 PM
Exactly right. If I recall correctly the default is 30 days; this can be changed by going here (http://www.thehighroad.org/profile.php?do=editoptions) and editing the Default Thread Age Cut Off setting.

Mal H
August 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
Derek, actually, the default varies from forum to forum. Perhaps we should go through them and standardize on a particular length of time. Several are only one day in length, some are two days, and some are one month.

The user does have the option to change them all across the board, but that option isn't obvious at all.

jmorris
August 17, 2013, 08:30 PM
Derek, actually, the default varies from forum to forum. Perhaps we should go through them and standardize on a particular length of time. Several are only one day in length, some are two days, and some are one month.

Likely because "general" would be overwhelming if it would go back months and others would appear empty if you cleared them every week.

Just go take a peek in all of them and you can see what I am talking about.

Letting them last longer gives the illusion of activity.

Robert
August 17, 2013, 10:35 PM
It's more that the activity gives the allusion of activity.

chuwee81
August 19, 2013, 01:36 AM
thanks guys. Followed Derek's link and changed my setting.

If you enjoyed reading about "how to see threads older than a day old?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!