M1 carbine bayonet legit?

PDA

Awsomepossum
August 17, 2013, 04:30 PM
Hello,
I am about to buy a rockola m1 carbine and was wondering if this bayonet is G.I. or a repro. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 carbine bayonet legit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gopguy
August 17, 2013, 05:02 PM
What I see looks good, but of course we can't see the whole thing. This site may help you out. http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/m4_thru_m7_series/m4_m7_series_p1.html

hso
August 17, 2013, 06:10 PM
That looks correct, but rc will know.

rondog
August 17, 2013, 08:32 PM
Looks GI to me, but probably late WWII or Korean vintage. The early WWII ones had stacked leather washer handles, that one's plastic or bakelite.

rcmodel
August 17, 2013, 09:16 PM
I don't even have a clue what the handle is made of from your point-on photo.

The guard stamp is legit and period correct if it has a leather ring handle.
An early Type-2 handle would be leather rings with brown plastic spacers at the butt & guard.

But, if it has a checkered black plastic handle with two screws on each side, an Imperial M4 would not have the flaming bomb ordnance acceptance stamp on the guard.

If you could possibly post a side view photo of the bayonet & sheath, and another from the back of the butt showing the weld I could maybe be more helpful.

It's hard to make a call just looking at the point of the spear!!

I have an early Imperial leather with brown spacer & sheath in my collection I can post photo's of it if there needs to be further clarification.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 carbine bayonet legit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!