Cowboy Mounted Action Shooting info

PDA

kynwatch
August 23, 2013, 07:02 PM
I have a female friend interested in CMAS. I've done some reading and have the general idea of the entire process. What would be a good entry level pistol? Any advice on blackpowder blanks.

If anyone has any other advice I'm all ears!

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

If you enjoyed reading about "Cowboy Mounted Action Shooting info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rehorne
August 23, 2013, 09:26 PM
Mosey on over to the sass forum www.sassnet.com they have a whole section of their forum dedicated to mounted shooting.

Crunchy Frog
August 23, 2013, 11:15 PM
I think CMSA holds more events that the SASS Mounted Division.

http://www.cowboymountedshooting.com/

I'm a cowboy action shooter (my mounted brethren would probably call me a "ground shooter" although I seldom shoot into the ground). The advice I give to prospective new shooters is to come to a local match and introduce yourself. Some clubs hold new shooter clinics or have other ways to help folks get started.

kynwatch
August 23, 2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks Crunchy Frog! She is more interested in CMSA. I'm just her firearm instructor/advisor. I'll be doing some reading tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

If you enjoyed reading about "Cowboy Mounted Action Shooting info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!