If you could hunt with anybody ever who would it be ?

PDA

horsemen61
August 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
So who would it be for me I'd probally say teddy rosevelt to me I feel that he is one of the best representatives of the sport.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could hunt with anybody ever who would it be ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
August 26, 2013, 03:59 PM
I have visited with many 'popular' outdoors people. Ted Nugent, Colorado Buck, and Bill Jordan just to name a few. I have heard stories of and seen videos from hunts that they have been on and they are dream hunts for most.

However, I would give anything for one more hunt with my grandfather.

mnhntr
August 26, 2013, 04:00 PM
Fred Bear, without a doubt one of the greatest ever. Second choice would be Melissa Bachman for obvious reasons.

Hunterdad
August 26, 2013, 04:05 PM
I'd have to pick Uncle Ted. I've always been a fan, even when he gets a little too passionate about the RTKBA. You can tell he loves being out in the woods and I'd love to experience his excitement.

Sam1911
August 26, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sir Joseph Banks, no question!

Benjamin Thompson, count von Rumford might be a close second. Him or Robert K. Brown.

Buzznrose
August 26, 2013, 04:10 PM
Guess the guys i would think would be awesome hunting companions would have been:

1. Davy Crockett
2. Jim Bridger
3. Elmer Keith
4. Jack O'Connor
5. Jeff Cooper

Patocazador
August 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
W.D.M. Bell or Sir Samuel White Baker .. probably Baker. Modern day would be Elgin Gates.

desidog
August 26, 2013, 04:28 PM
Sir Joseph Banks, no question!

Very good call, but i'll go John James Audubon.

Aikibiker
August 26, 2013, 04:38 PM
Thomas Jefferson. Not sure if he was a good hunter or not, and I know I am terrible at it, but the conversation would sure be enlightening.

MCgunner
August 26, 2013, 04:47 PM
My grandpa, but he's been gone since '81.

Water-Man
August 26, 2013, 04:49 PM
My grandfather. May he rest in peace.

CoRoMo
August 26, 2013, 04:50 PM
I would give anything for one more hunt with my grandfather.
+1

Mine died right after I took up serious elk hunting. I only wish he could have been able to hunt with us. This might be my dad's last year to elk hunt, btw. Two years ago, he said he was done with it, but he's coming back out this year for one more run at it. If I have a head on my shoulders, I'll not even put any effort toward my own hunt this year, but rather, just help him have as good a day afield as I can manage and enjoy his company.

Arkansas Paul
August 26, 2013, 04:52 PM
Anybody but Dick Cheney.

yzguy87
August 26, 2013, 04:56 PM
^^^HAHA^^^

In all seriousness, I would pick my brother. We share the same ideas as far as ethical hunting and I trust him with my life.

Speedo66
August 26, 2013, 05:21 PM
Charlize Theron, especially if there was camping involved.

If she was unavailable, my son.

rondog
August 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
I'd be happy just to go deer hunting with someone who'd take me.

snakeman
August 26, 2013, 05:41 PM
I would hunt with my dad.

cota
August 26, 2013, 06:09 PM
If i could have the chance to hunt with anyone from history, it would be Jim Corbet his books are the most enthralling pieces of literature ever penned in my opinion , his exploits hunting in India with his driven mission hunting man eating cats and his obvious fondness for his springer spaniel Robin are inspirational. He has to be the greatest hunter of all time.

photosaurus
August 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
Anybody but Dick Cheney.

Hey! I was gonna say that! :(

Hacker15E
August 26, 2013, 08:08 PM
Zumbo, definitely, and with the most tacti-cool AR I can get.

My3Sons1
August 26, 2013, 08:17 PM
I have to say my Dad also who passed to long ago....my second would be Jeremiah Johnson...lol

tnelson31
August 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
My dad, and I do!

locnload
August 26, 2013, 09:11 PM
First one that came to mind was Fred Bear because as a young bow
hunter in Northern Wisconsin, I idolized the man. But after someone mentioned hunting with their dad, I changed my mind. I'd give it all for one more good day of hunting birds and small game with my dad.:)

Sheepdog1968
August 26, 2013, 09:23 PM
Guess the guys i would think would be awesome hunting companions would have been:

1. Davy Crockett
2. Jim Bridger
3. Elmer Keith
4. Jack O'Connor
5. Jeff Cooper
Great list. I would narrow to Jeff Cooper.

REWTEX
August 26, 2013, 09:25 PM
I'd love to hunt doves again with my dad who has passed on.

lastofthebreed
August 26, 2013, 09:39 PM
1-My dad, I was never able to get him a deer. Would love to have one more try at it.

2 -Havilah Babcock, his writing sure influenced how I looked at hunting as a younger man.

3-Archibald Rutledge, his stories of deer hunting in the swamps of South Carolina are some of the best ever.

4-Pat McManus and Ed Zern, might not kill anything, but would sure have a good time. :p :p

Sam1911
August 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
4-Pat McManus and Ed Zern, might not kill anything, but would sure have a good time.Oh VERY good! I'd love that myself! Heck, I'd love to spend a day with those two just wiring a boat trailer or trying to get a truck unstuck. It would be memorable enough for a lifetime no matter how bad it was!

Art Eatman
August 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
There were about ten of us who leased a ranch over west of San Antonio. I guess we had some ten years of as good a time as anybody could ever want. Got our share of game, had many a session around the campfire with lots of good stories. Jokes and pranks, lots of grins.

luv2safari
August 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
I get to hunt with the person I'd like to most the first week in September. I'll have the privilege of hunting forest grouse with author, John Barsness.

jbkebert
August 26, 2013, 10:28 PM
Aaron Lewis

Andrew Leigh
August 26, 2013, 10:32 PM
In order

My Dad and brothers (never hunted with them as an adult)
My grandsons (two of them going with me in two days time)
Frederick Selous (the quintessential big game hunter)
Denys Reitz (boer war hero, read "Adrift on the open veldt")
Robert Ruark (for entertainment value)

ambidextrous1
August 26, 2013, 10:42 PM
I'd like to hunt with Theodore Roosevelt or Ernest Hemmingway; either would make it a memorable experience. :D

dogrunner
August 26, 2013, 10:43 PM
Likely Keith.............followed by Ruark. Hell, between the two you sure could smoke, drink and BS to your hearts content!

MaterDei
August 26, 2013, 11:32 PM
William Wallace
Nimrod
Mark Twain

303tom
August 27, 2013, 12:16 AM
I guess it would have to be Jim Tweto.................

avs11054
August 27, 2013, 12:39 AM
Easy...my dad.

TattooedHunter
August 27, 2013, 12:44 AM
My dad and grandpa's weren't much into hunting. I came by it on my own when I got older.

So, I'd pick Steve Rinella. I agree with his hunting philosophy, and enjoy his show and writing.

toiville2feathers
August 27, 2013, 01:12 AM
Two old hunting friends, both passed, one who mentored me on deer hunting. He was a lot like Rancid Crabtree in McManus's stories. He had a son (He didn't make it home from Vietnam (MIA) that was my age and we were very good friends. We always hunted together. Every time we shot a deer and when we were done cleaning it, The old man would take a half pint of homemade beet wine and we would each have a swallow of wine and open and eat a can of sardines and put the empty can on the gut pile. Everyone in the area who came on to that gut pile and saw the sardine can knew who shot the deer. That was 50 years ago. I still do it today, less the homemade beet wine.
One more hunt with them would be very special. Sometimes when I'm hunting it feels like they are there. There are strong ties to those memories.

WTBguns10kOK
August 27, 2013, 02:02 AM
Tred Barta

BigBore44
August 27, 2013, 07:25 AM
Well because of the religious limitations of this forum, my first choice can't be posted. But a very close second would be my grandfather.

tightgroup tiger
August 27, 2013, 07:41 AM
I would hunt with my father (I really miss him). Someday we'll be hunting again.

MCgunner
August 27, 2013, 07:44 AM
Nobody mentioned Ben Lilly? http://www.gilawilderness.com/infopg/benlilly.htm

Bull Nutria
August 27, 2013, 07:56 AM
my 2 uncles and my grandpa they were my mentors in hunting and fishing one more hunt or fishing trip would be outstanding.all have gone on to the happy hunting ground.

of the modern day celebs i would take Bill O' Reilly on his first duck hunt! he is a non -hunter as far as know!!

Bull

caribou
August 27, 2013, 08:01 AM
Since my Grandpa and Dad are no longer around, I'll just hunt with my wife and kids.

Id like to Hunt the Arctic here, likely with my wifes father (born 1903) in his early years.

ldlfh7
August 27, 2013, 11:52 AM
My good friend who passed away in Afghanistan a few years ago.

Captcurt
August 27, 2013, 07:12 PM
My grandfather who raised me. He instilled the love of the outdoors in me. We didn't have many deer back in the sixties and Gramps hunted deer every year. Never killed one. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 15. I would love to put him on one of my hot spots where he would see 10 to 20 deer a day.

kludge
August 27, 2013, 09:38 PM
Dad.

Died before we got a chance. He hunted a lot when he was young, before kids and bills and responsibilities. Oh, well. I'm glad he got out hunting again after we were mostly grown, and he got one more deer before it was his time.

Bull Nutria
August 27, 2013, 09:48 PM
Ben Lilly was a helluva hunter and hound man made his own knives! He is a Local legend in a LA! he was a hunters hunter!! would be great to make a hunt with Ben!

Bull

brainwake
August 28, 2013, 12:06 PM
+1 for my kids. I have three and just want to share the experience with them.

I can't wait for the day when I get to be there for their first kill.

I also long for a day when I can go on that backwoods hunter camping adventure with my closest friends. I have yet to pull that one together.

It's the people closest to you that will create the most cherished memories.

Bio-Chem
August 28, 2013, 12:12 PM
Ok there have seriously been some good answers here, but the guy who answered Charlise Theron wins the day in my book. Guns, the outdoors, and a beautiful blonde? How is that not Heaven?

wturner14
August 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Mike Bloomberg

Mat, not doormat
August 28, 2013, 04:57 PM
1. My Grandpa; he taught my dad and all my older cousins to shoot and hunt, but his health had pretty much sidelined him by the time my brother and I were old enough. One of my lasting regrets.

2. Teddy Roosevelt; whom I've always admired for the breadth of his experience, and strength of personality, if not for his surpassing skill.

3. Jeff Cooper and the Gunsite African Rifles. He wrote the book on rifle shooting, after all.

Those are the ones for whom I feel a sense of loss when I reflect that I'll never have the chance, at least not on this side of the Jordan.

I also thought of adding Ernest Hemingway, but on reflection I think I'd prefer to leave him on the page. I'm not at all sure I'd like him in person.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Officers'Wife
August 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
My Grandfather, just one last time to make up for the one I missed to do homework for a class I wasn't interested in anyway.

Geno
August 28, 2013, 10:32 PM
Jack O'Connor without a doubt. I'd take my M70 Super Grade, in .270 Win, loaded with his favorite load: 60 grains of H4831 under a 130 grain projectile.

Geno

Mauser lover
August 28, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'd go with Cheney!

Grayrock
August 29, 2013, 11:08 PM
Abraham Lincoln. Wonder what he would think about an AR-15?

natman
August 30, 2013, 02:59 AM
Some excellent choices so far.

How about Skeeter Skelton and Finn Aagard?

okiewita40
August 30, 2013, 03:25 AM
I would like to hunt with both my Grandfather and my granddaughter.
My Grandfather taught me everything I know about the outdoors and how to shoot.

My Granddaughter because she holds a place in my heart that nobody else can fill.

savanahsdad
August 30, 2013, 03:50 AM
Charles Hesston , ( can't believe page 3 and no one said that)

Lloyd Smale
August 30, 2013, 06:53 AM
I can still hunt with my father so my vote goes to my grandfather.

Grayrock
August 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
I thought of another one- I think Tom Knapp would have been interesting. He reminds me of the grandfather I barely knew.

CSA 357
August 30, 2013, 09:01 AM
my granddads that have pased away hunted with one never knew the other

j1
August 30, 2013, 09:08 AM
Bufalo Bill Cody.

huntsman
August 30, 2013, 09:21 AM
Duck hunting with Nash Buckingham, Grouse hunting with Burton Spiller, Libations with Gene Hill

shaggy430
August 30, 2013, 10:55 AM
Davy Crockett

brainwake
August 30, 2013, 12:12 PM
Abraham Lincoln. Wonder what he would think about an AR-15?
I bet he would love it. If I recall Lincoln was very much interested in the latest and greatest firearms.

chas08
August 30, 2013, 12:20 PM
My Dad! May he rest in peace!

Zeeemu
August 30, 2013, 01:04 PM
I prefer to hunt alone but my one exception would be - Howard Hill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4cyuZExHM

morcey2
August 30, 2013, 01:07 PM
My sons....

If they'll ever get motivated and take Hunters Safety. :fire: They keep talking about it and getting excited, but they haven't done it yet. They're all adults too.

Aside from that, my grandpa again.

Matt

tahunua001
August 30, 2013, 03:03 PM
my dad... never got the pleasure...

mrbro
September 2, 2013, 09:46 PM
My grandfather was not a hunter, but I would give it all away to get a performance review from the man.

newfalguy101
September 2, 2013, 10:02 PM
MY daughter, who was killed in an auto accident 10-19-2012................last deer season in November was the first in nearly 13 years she wasn't with me at least part of the time.......

Jlr2267
September 2, 2013, 10:11 PM
MY daughter, who was killed in an auto accident 10-19-2012................last deer season in November was the first in nearly 13 years she wasn't with me at least part of the time.......

She's still with you.

tarosean
September 3, 2013, 08:03 AM
Tom Bolack - No one famous outside of the 4 corners.. However he accomplished the Fourth Pinnacle of Achievement Award.

ICE1210
September 3, 2013, 08:35 AM
I would dearly love to go quail hunting with my father, Robert Ruark, and Havilah Babcock.

CountGlockulla
September 3, 2013, 08:36 AM
1. Ernest Hemingway
2. Rudyard Kipling
3. Uncle Ted

flipajig
September 4, 2013, 10:57 AM
My Dad. RIP.
flip

Atom Smasher
September 5, 2013, 01:09 AM
Another for Pat McManus. I'm willing to bet we wouldn't even see an animal, though.

limpingbear
September 5, 2013, 01:51 AM
Peter Capstick. I have read his books.....

morcey2
September 5, 2013, 03:27 PM
Another for Pat McManus. I'm willing to bet we wouldn't even see an animal, though.
Forget hunting with Pat, I'd like to hunt with Rancid Crabtree!

:)

X-Rap
September 5, 2013, 04:10 PM
Phil Robertson on the water.
Elmer Keith out west
My paternal grandfather in the north woods
And of course Ted in a helicopter

boogieman
September 6, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hands down it would be my Father who passed away 3 years ago. Not the greatest hunter but he was the greatest man I ever known.
After that Michael Moore. Maybe he wouldnt be such a hypocritical dousche if he had the chance to experience such a great sport.

brainwake
September 6, 2013, 11:37 AM
After that Michael Moore. Maybe he wouldnt be such a hypocritical dousche if he had the chance to experience such a great sport.
Moore would just film it in a way to make you look like a dousche

Patocazador
September 6, 2013, 11:47 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
x2

boogieman
September 6, 2013, 12:52 PM
Moore would just film it in a way to make you look like a dousche
In that case. Hunting is dangerous, you never know when one might step off a cliff while filming.
Seriously I get more of a kick out of showing people who dislike or dont know the sport more so than taking along or going along with a expert.

Cooldill
September 6, 2013, 01:29 PM
Probably Elmer Keith.
Or Colonel Jeff Cooper with a scout rifle hunt!

I might be in the minority here but for me it definitely wouldn't be "uncle" Ted. Just my opinion, please don't be offended.

shafter
September 6, 2013, 05:48 PM
There are a lot of guys I'd enjoy the privilege of hunting with.

Howard Hill
Jeff Cooper
Elmer Keith
Davy Crockett (I bet he would be a lot of fun to hunt with)
Sasha Siemel
Teddy Roosevelt

I wouldn't even waste my time with the modern guys like Bill Jordan or Ted Nugent. Compared to those old timers they're pretty lame.

osteodoc08
September 6, 2013, 07:45 PM
My dad on the African safari we never made it to.

Otherwise, Teddy Roosevelt, Elmer Keith, Capstick.

Davek1977
September 7, 2013, 06:38 AM
I'd give the world to be able to hunt with either of my grandfathers. One throughly enjoyed hunting, and the other, from what I gather, was an awesome shot, but saw hunting merely as a way of putting food on the table. One passed away before I was even born, but I was fortunate enough to have some time with the other (the one who enjoyed hunting). While I never got to go on a deer hunt with him, we did shoot many a pop can in our backyard, and he was still around when I put my first deer on the ground at 13. I still remember calling him to brag, and can still see the pride in his eyes as he admired my deer. "Don't know if you deserve one quite that nice for your first deer!" RIP grandpa(s).....without you, there's no way I'd be me.

jwrowland77
September 7, 2013, 07:39 AM
My Papaw....he passed when I was 5 before I got into hunting, and he was a crack shot with a rifle. He actually used to go frog gigging without the gig, he would use a .22lr. I actually have that .22 he used all the time out in the oil fields, and shoot it every so often. I can almost feel his hand on my shoulder when I shoot it. I'd like him to see to marksman I've become.

If its someone famous, I'd have to pick Ted Nugent.

fragout
September 7, 2013, 10:59 AM
My family....namely the grandkids.

Not famous folks, but the most important folks in my life.

CajunBass
September 7, 2013, 11:20 AM
The Old Man and the Boy, Corey Ford and the Lower Forty, Peter Capstick, and The Old Church Hunt Club, circa 1990.

I think McManus was in my bass club. If it wasn't him, it was his funnier brother.

akolleth
September 8, 2013, 08:34 PM
Vladimir Putin, the man is one serious bad A## Although a lot of what he does is staged, he is an avid hunter and fisherman.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/putinEPA1308_468x480.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqXlVBoJsuszAR92GVi3BCB1jnqkSUguCAzQd4v_G7KsL0GLujuw

SimplyChad
September 8, 2013, 08:44 PM
My grandfather who passed long before I was born. He made his own bows and black powder in the 30's until his death in the 70's. Or so everyman who knew him tells me. He was a surveyor in east texas for a logging company. When doing extremely large parcels of land his junior surveyor told me he would live off the land for days at a time. My father tells me similar things. I read his WWII and surveyors diaries and think I would really like the man. I have his break over 44/40. It along with my fathers SAA colt are about the fireplace. I never use them but they will never be for sale.

Officers'Wife
September 8, 2013, 08:45 PM
Но он может сварить?

borrowedtime69
September 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
Since I'm really into Coyote hunting right now I would want to go with Randy Anderson, Morris "Wooley" Kowerchuk, and Will Primos. I'm a bit of a huge Primos fan.

morcey2
September 20, 2013, 02:37 PM
Vladimir Putin, the man is one serious bad A## Although a lot of what he does is staged, he is an avid hunter and fisherman.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/putinEPA1308_468x480.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqXlVBoJsuszAR92GVi3BCB1jnqkSUguCAzQd4v_G7KsL0GLujuw
Who taught him how to hold a spinning rod, Obama?

tallpaul
September 20, 2013, 03:32 PM
I would love to go huntin with God,Jesus
or even Paul ....

well Dad passed 3 years back and even though dad was not a hunter if he would go whether we hunted or not ... I would likely pick Him

CraigC
September 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
Theodore Roosevelt (FWIW he hated the nickname "Teddy" and his friends called him "Thee") would be a fine choice, as would Elmer Keith. I also think about folks like Frederick Courteney Selous or Bror Blixen. I have to say though, I'd love to have hunted with my father in law. He was 47yrs old when stricken with vascular dementia and by the time I met my wife nearly 5yrs ago, his mind was long gone. By all reports he was a good man who loved to hunt. Need to spend more time in the woods with my old man, while I still have him.

smwhiteid
September 25, 2013, 12:38 AM
i would have to say uncle ted or razor dobbs,the two crazy wack em and stack em guys

788Ham
September 28, 2013, 12:23 AM
It would have to be my Pop, taught me how to fish and hunt, most enjoyable times of my life. Been 6 years now that he's been gone, sure miss you Pop.

One Shot
September 28, 2013, 02:08 PM
It would have to be my wife. She loves the outdoors and all. She does not hunt or have anything against it, she just does not like seeing anyhing get killed although she likes to fish. So we are making headway. She is thinking that one day she may like to leave camp and come along soon. Hope yet.

Doc Mongo
September 28, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ghengis Khan.

351 WINCHESTER
September 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Lord I wish I could hunt with my Dad. He's been gone about 8 years now. My grandfather on my Mom's side. He died young of the black lung. Mom told me he was good hunter and kept meat on the table.

WYOMan
September 29, 2013, 01:55 PM
Easy one. My brother. I moved here 2 years after his death. One thing that never fails to cross my lips are the words, " Oh Jeff , I wish you could have been here with me to see this place. You would have loved it. I love you brother, and I miss you every day."

The_Armed_Therapist
September 29, 2013, 07:42 PM
Orrin Porter Rockwell

Russian Hammer
September 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
Capstick, W.D.M. Bell, and Sasha Siemel. I'm sure I could think of a bunch more but those are my top 3

chasu
October 1, 2013, 02:22 PM
My grandpas. Both of them. One was a market duck hunter in the marshes of southwest Louisiana. The other one was a recreational hunter that loved hunting squirrel and rabbit.

waffentomas
October 11, 2013, 01:47 AM
It goes without saying I'd hunt with my son and my close friends, but if I could take anybody, I'd either take Diane Feinstein or Chuck Schumer. No, I'm not kidding.

I doubt we'd convert them, but they'd at least see we were just regular guys and gals.

Readyrod
October 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
Capstick, Hemmingway, or to keep it within closer range H&H hunter or hogs with Flintknapper.

NoirFan
October 11, 2013, 10:56 AM
I prefer to hunt alone but my one exception would be - Howard Hill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4cyuZExHM

Yep Howard Hill. Even if we didn't see a single animal, I figure a guy who could shoot quarters out of the air with an unsighted longbow has a thing or two to teach me.

quartermaster
October 13, 2013, 11:42 PM
I would like to hunt with Jim Shockey athough I know I could never keep up with him

nmlongbow
October 14, 2013, 12:19 AM
Aldo Leopold.

AJumbo
October 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
My grand-dads, both of them, just once more.

40 rod
October 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
My great great ever so great grandson.

BigShep85
October 15, 2013, 11:37 PM
He killed an entire herd of pigs and never fired a shot!
I could save some money if I could hunt like that!

22250Rem
October 16, 2013, 08:31 PM
Two categories here; family and non family. Non family would consist of gun scribes, I'd love to go hunt anything with John Barsness or else go antelope hunting in Wyoming with the late Bob Milek and my .25-06. Lots of you have mentioned Elmer Keith and that would be great; (using my .44 Redhawk of course). Family would be my late uncle Marty, he hunted in his younger days until he got too busy with his career, family, mortgage, etc. etc.. I've inherited his Marlin 30-30 and will be carrying it up into the woods this fall in his honor. Along with the German Luger he brought home from Germany in 1945. We once talked about using something like a 9mm or 38 Spl. to put a wounded deer out of its misery. They can do the job nicely when the range is measured in inches instead of yards. Couple years ago in a shotgun zone I had a wounded buck down but not dead yet with my 870 slug gun and used his Luger to finish things quickly at close range. But first I looked up at the gray sky and said; "Thanks Marty, I know you'd get a kick out of this!". For a minute it almost felt like he was right there with me.

ApacheCoTodd
October 21, 2013, 11:14 PM
That's it and that's all.

Sentryau2
October 22, 2013, 09:42 AM
Angelina Jolie...I'll just leave it at that.

Ranger Roberts
October 22, 2013, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't mind learning a few tricks from Carlos Hathcock or Chris Kyle. Elmer Keith would also be a pretty cool experience. However I really like Sentryau2's suggestion of Angelina Jolie.

Chevelle SS
October 22, 2013, 04:07 PM
My great grandfather RIP

kayak-man
December 22, 2013, 12:51 AM
First choice would be Jennifer Lawrence.

Second would be Pat Mcmanus, TR, Howard Hill, or Jennifer Lawrence.

Prophet
December 23, 2013, 12:39 PM
Either my grandfather, an excellent hunter who was too old to hunt by the time I was old enough, or my hunting buddy/mentor who is currently paralyzed from the neck down as of this summer. It's been a sad season so far without him.

1911 guy
December 23, 2013, 03:06 PM
Grandpa Garlich or Elmer Kieth. One is a sentimental thing (been gone for going on two decades) and the other would be interesting.

skiking
December 24, 2013, 12:01 AM
Easy, my great uncle Al Fletcher. He was a guide up in BC back in the day, even put one of his clients on a world record goat. The record stood for a long time, not sure how many years exactly.

Liberty1776
December 24, 2013, 12:46 PM
Archibald Rutledge, William Faulkner, Havilah Babcock and of course, my hero, Elmer Keith (but I don't think I'm tough enough...)

Lj1941
December 27, 2013, 04:31 PM
Agnes and/or Chip Hailstone.:)

kyhuntsman94
December 29, 2013, 08:44 AM
My dad who passed away 13 years ago. I wasn't old enough to hunt when he had a place to hunt. I was always jealous of my older brother who got to go hunting a few times with dad and papaw.

Papaw would be my second choice. He regaled us with yarns of his hunting days of early. I wish I had the opportunity to hunt with him.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could hunt with anybody ever who would it be ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!