Midwest Ind SS Gen 2

PDA

MtnCreek
August 27, 2013, 01:35 PM
Question on this float tube. It comes w/ a tube of (something, don't remember what they called it). Directions call for putting it on the barrel nut where the tube mounts to it. Anyone have some info on what this stuff is and what's it's supposed to do? Does it clean off if I decided to take it apart?

I assembled / test fired last night and skipped the adhesive (or whatever it is). It says to use it, so I'm sure I should; just looking for a little more info.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwest Ind SS Gen 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
henschman
August 27, 2013, 02:11 PM
It is blue loc tite. It will remove and clean off if you ever need to remove and re-install the handguard. The red loc tite is the stuff that is really hard to get off, and is for permanent/long term installation.

Walkalong
August 27, 2013, 04:14 PM
Use it where directed, sparingly. A little dab will do ya. They give you way more than you need. It is "medium" strength and advertised to be able to take items apart with hand tools, but soak some fine threads in it and it will be very tough to remove.

MtnCreek
August 28, 2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info. When I opened it last night, the smell was no doubt loc tight.

Incormb0
August 29, 2013, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the post and info! I have the same hand guard and was wondering what that tube was also.

jakk280rem
August 29, 2013, 05:11 AM
hmm. i thought that was for the rail screws. i just used oil on my threads. i'll go back and read the directions

MtnCreek
August 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
i just used oil on my threads.

The way I read the instructions, it goes on the outside of the barrel nut. I used high temp anti-seize on the treads of the upper/barrel nut.

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwest Ind SS Gen 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!