Threading Glock Barrels

PDA

giggitygiggity
August 29, 2013, 12:04 AM
I have a 6" Storm Lake Glock 21 barrel. Is there anyway to get this threaded for a suppressor? I also have an extra standard Glock 21 barrel. Would it be possible to thread the standard Glock 21 barrel and then use it with a suppressor on my Glock 30?

Can anyone recommend a company to do the threading if these ideas are feasible? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Threading Glock Barrels" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mot45acp
August 29, 2013, 01:00 AM
There are factory threaded barrels for the 17, 19, and 21...I am running the 19 and 21 with no complaints.

For threading ADCO is popular, and I believe Gemtec does em.

I don't think my 21 barrel fits in my 30.but I may be wrong.

giggitygiggity
August 29, 2013, 02:14 AM
I know that there are barrels out there. However, I am interested in whether I can take an unthreaded 6" Glock 21 Storm Lake barrel which will stick out about an inch an half from the end of the slide and have it threaded and use a suppressor on it without issue.

Oxidation
August 29, 2013, 02:29 AM
You can definitely have it threaded and have it be safe you'll just have to find a good shop to do it.

YZ
August 29, 2013, 09:41 AM
Not a problem. Many Class III dealers who sell suppressors will do it for you. If you buy a suppressor, the job should be free.

Mot45acp
August 29, 2013, 10:42 AM
Tornado Tech is another one that does threading.

YZ
August 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
Would it be possible to thread the standard Glock 21 barrel and then use it with a suppressor on my Glock 30?

Overlooked it. This may not even depend on the muzzle attachment. Glock specifies barrel interchangeability, and it is rather narrow. It has to do with the lock/unlock angles, and possibly the weight balance.

Dan-O
August 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
A G-21 barrel will not fit in a G-30. Different lugs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Threading Glock Barrels" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!