Beretta 92 Barrel Threading

PDA

giggitygiggity
August 30, 2013, 07:25 PM
I want a threaded barrel for my Beretta 92FS. Do I need to buy a threaded barrel or can I simply send in the factory barrel and have it threaded since the factory barrel already extends pas the end of the slide? Threadingan existing barrel is $65 versus $195 for a new threaded barrel. I just don't want to have them thread the factory barrel and there be some sorts of functional issues as a result. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 92 Barrel Threading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mstreddy
September 1, 2013, 08:39 AM
What I did was something in between. At the time I could not find threaded barrels and I did not want to risk the original (silly thoughts) so I found a replacement barrel, and sent it in to Yankee Hill for threading. The did a great job on it and it works flawlessly with or without the can.

giggitygiggity
September 1, 2013, 10:34 AM
Cool. Was the replacement barrel the same size as the factory barrel?

rjrivero
September 2, 2013, 09:41 AM
Adco threaded my Beretta barrel. Functions flawlessly.

giggitygiggity
September 2, 2013, 09:21 PM
Actually Adco is who I would probably end up getting to thread mine. Is anyone running either an Osprey, Tirant, or Octane on their Beretta? Thanks.

Ohen Cepel
September 2, 2013, 09:23 PM
Tornado Tech is also worth a look for barrels or threading.

rjrivero
September 3, 2013, 08:37 AM
Actually Adco is who I would probably end up getting to thread mine. Is anyone running either an Osprey, Tirant, or Octane on their Beretta? Thanks.

I am running an Osprey, SWR Trident-9, Liberty Mystic and Octane .45 on mine from time to time. I have to use a booster on mine. Doesn't like to run without one at all.

Ironman
September 3, 2013, 04:54 PM
I used tornado tech for mine but ADCO is great too. You're gtg with the factory barrel.

I run my ospreys, tirants, octane, dta, etc on it and it's fine.

mstreddy
September 14, 2013, 11:28 AM
Was the replacement barrel the same size as the factory barrel?
For me it was an original Beretta factory barrel, so same size/length. The beauty of the Beretta 92 is that the barrel extends out enough from the the slide that it can be threaded and works with a can on it. I can snap a pic of it for you if needed.
As to the can, I'm using a Gemtech Multimount on mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 92 Barrel Threading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!