pair of spanish escopetas

PDA

moharrow
August 30, 2013, 10:38 PM
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/moharrow10/IMG_0281.jpg

opinions?

If you enjoyed reading about "pair of spanish escopetas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmfan
August 31, 2013, 02:08 AM
¡Muy bonita, compadres!

4v50 Gary
August 31, 2013, 01:13 PM
While a flintlock is prettier, I always thought the miquelet was more efficient. One spring serves both the hammer and battery/steel/frizzen. Did you make the guns?

Curator
September 1, 2013, 12:18 AM
Moharrow/Matchlock,

Tell more about your miquelet escopetas. Living here in Florida, I have become interested n the firearms of the second Spanish period 783-1719. I have built a couple of miquelets but have little to go on. I am in the process of building a "blunder bus" form the Timucuan rebelling period, 1656. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

runes
September 1, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mattshlok, The Kentucky long rifle trigger guard should be reconsidered. Nice otherwise.

Crawdad1
September 6, 2013, 09:50 AM
Who builds a contemporary miquelet lock? Or do they have to be hand built from other sources? And didn't combining the miquelet and snaphaunce locks create the traditional (or as we know it) flintlock?

If you enjoyed reading about "pair of spanish escopetas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!