THR Mods are like Cops!

PDA

Russ Jackson
September 1, 2013, 05:50 PM
I am sure this will be shut down and I will be reprimanded by a nasty pm by some Mod with there own agenda. But I am amazed at the rate at which some mods shut down topics just because they do not like the topic or do not agree with the comments. Instead of posting a point of view they shut it down because they disagree. Sorry mods but some of you are cowards hiding behind a lock down button.

Get rid of the God Complex.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Mods are like Cops!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
September 1, 2013, 05:57 PM
May I ask what upset you? Is it about a thread being locked? If it is a beef with a particular mod, the best course of action is a PM discussion about it with said mod.

bikerdoc
September 1, 2013, 06:01 PM
You are free to leave at anytime.

horsemen61
September 1, 2013, 06:04 PM
I really like the way it is ran here thanks mods for making this the best gun forum out there

allaroundhunter
September 1, 2013, 06:11 PM
I appreciate the way that the mods keep the site controlled.

If a thread isn't on topic, it is closed.

If a thread is in the wrong forum, it is moved.

If a thread starts to veer in the wrong direction, they give a warning to get it back on track. If that isn't done, closed.

If inappropriate posts are made, then they are removed and the poster is warned (privately).

If a thread is started as a question and it is reasonably answered, it is closed.

If you believe a post is closed prematurely and you have something beneficial to add, then PM a mod and they will help.

They volunteer their time, and as usual, someone is complaining :rolleyes:

hso
September 1, 2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=727358

xxjumbojimboxx
September 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
You are free to leave at anytime.
Hehehe

taliv
September 1, 2013, 08:57 PM
i'm confused. were you calling cops cowards? or saying they stopped you from doing something they don't agree with instead of just giving you their opinion?

fallout mike
September 1, 2013, 09:20 PM
This is a well run forum. Especiallg for the price we pay. The mods are great.

Arkansas Paul
September 1, 2013, 09:23 PM
The majority of us are here because we like the way it is moderated. You don't like it, you're free hit the road.

YZ
September 1, 2013, 09:46 PM
Russ Jackson said what he had to say. The moderators responded. Right or wrong, he is outgunned. The rest of you, just so you know, there is no honor in piling up.

Torian
September 1, 2013, 09:51 PM
Russ Jackson said what he had to say. The moderators responded. Right or wrong, he is outgunned. The rest of you, just so you know, there is no honor in piling up.
Yep.

fallout mike
September 1, 2013, 09:53 PM
Well he had his say. We can have ours. This isn't a private blog. Its a public discussion forum. You start threads with the expectation of receiving feedback. You post something that just isn't true and you will be told so.

beatledog7
September 1, 2013, 10:03 PM
On a few occasions I've thought our distinguished moderators closed a thread just when it was getting interesting, but then, it was probably getting that way because it was veering off course: off the high road, that is. I've even thought, once or twice, that a mod perhaps pushed a particular viewpoint a little too firmly with the presumed impunity of moderator-dom as cover.

I might be tempted to do that, too.

My only real beef is the notion that we can discuss the legal and activism aspects of gun ownership without discussing politics. Those are very much political issues, and we just need to admit that they are and allow the discussion to go there, within reason.

By and large though, I think they do a great job at keeping the discussions civil and focused.

tomrkba
September 1, 2013, 10:17 PM
Forum mods keep up the good work!

Arkansas Paul
September 1, 2013, 11:54 PM
Honor has nothing to do with anything.
He started the classless insulting of people who volunteer their time for free so we can have a place that we like visiting. Forget him. They're not gonna change the way they do things because his poor wittle feelings got hurt about something.

I would say what I really think but I don't need another infraction.

xxjumbojimboxx
September 2, 2013, 12:09 AM
The majority of us are here because we like the way it is moderated. You don't like it, you're free hit the road.
Wheb you say the road... are you refering to ... "the high road"? Haha

HighExpert
September 2, 2013, 12:19 AM
It is usually my practice to follow the rules and not rock the boat when I am a guest in someone else's house. It has served me well for lots of years and I have been thrown out of very few places. Just a suggestion. BTW, I recently enrolled on the florida gun forum as well and I am blocked about every 5th time I go on due to their spammer block software. I use an internet service that rolls the IP addresses frequently and whenever I flip I am blocked for a couple of days. The first time it happened I forgot my rule above and got testy with the moderator who set me straight. I contacted the moderator directly and was admitted with no further problems. He is doing all he can to stop the problem but I think I will need a new internet provider to solve the problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Mods are like Cops!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!