marlin model 50?

PDA

car15bill
September 2, 2013, 01:30 PM
how many different versions of this open bolt 22 are there? I picked one up a month ago without a magazine, and started looking around, but cant find one anywhere. I found a few pics online of another version with a manual extractor on the side of the barrel.

do all the model 50's take the same magazine, and does anyone have one, or know where I could get one?

If you enjoyed reading about "marlin model 50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
natman
September 3, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm pretty certain there is only one magazine for Marlin 50s and I'm positive they are rare as hen's teeth.

Best of luck.

Carl N. Brown
September 4, 2013, 05:58 AM
Even Numrich Arms Gun Parts Corp shows them sold out (Model 50 6 shot magazine was 44.50 when available).

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/MarlinGlenfield-33379/Rifles-37333/50Semi-AutoRifle-38992.htm?page=1

Numrich Arms Gun Parts Corp show Marlin Model 50 and 50E but a lot of the parts are sold out. Numrich does buy used guns from individuals for parts, gunsmith inventories, factory inventories as they go out of business, etc. Parts may reappear in the listings due to that.

If it was my gun, I would print a picture of the magazine from the gun parts catalog and stick it in my notebook that I use as I periodically prowl the local gun shows (often to laugh to myself about inflated prices). Sometimes an auction house, gun tinkerer, etc will set up a table of misc gun parts and what's unsold junk to them.

car15bill
September 7, 2013, 02:40 PM
that's what I have been doing so far, needling through all the misc. junk boxes at the gun shows. I was throwing out on this board because I was hoping someone on here had a magazine, or a buddy who had one of the guns, etc....

I have read that a savage 1903 magazine will work,with minor modifications, but although they are not as rare, they are "hardly" flooding the market, haha. I have a replacement 1903 magazine on order from triple k, I'm just waiting for it to show up.

car15bill
September 8, 2013, 10:00 PM
nothing at the hamburg gun show today.... does anyone know of any shops that deal with nothing but obsolete and rare magazines for guns?

car15bill
September 11, 2013, 03:43 PM
its getting worse, I have been studying pics of the model 50's on the internet, and this one that I own, and the mag catches are totally different. AND, the takedown screw is in a different spot. it almost looks like I have a model 50A1 stock, judging from the location of the takedown screw.

If you enjoyed reading about "marlin model 50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!