Recommendations for Orlando air rifle repair?

PDA

The M
September 3, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, I have an old Feinwerkbau .177 break barrel that I think the seals are bad. It sounds like everything is working (spring, trigger etc) but no air pressure. I was hoping for a local central Florida shop to fix this. Or are these relatively diy friendly? I'm willing to dig in myself if need be, since I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I'm just new to airguns. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendations for Orlando air rifle repair?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
September 4, 2013, 01:38 AM
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/frank-bs-fwb-124-tear-down-and-rebuild.html

kBob
September 4, 2013, 09:30 AM
Great....

I amlost had myself ready to try to do this myself then that link hso sent got me scared to try.....

Hey, M!

If you find someone in central Florida that does these let me know, please.

Have you tried Petersens in Mt. Dora to see if they know of anyone? Since the wife moved up here I never get down there any more. They might know someone. I really would ilke to see if they have that M1905 75 mm cannon out front still. They were supposedly better than the French M1897 Saucey-Cans the US adopted as the M 1917 but harder and more expensive to make. It is the only one I have ever actually seen. Really would like to see it refurbished even if it was murdered by having the breech welded up. The wife forbid me from asking if they would sell it though.......

-kBob

The M
September 4, 2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow, sounds like I need a spring compressor to get this thing apart. This is likely to be beyond my ability after reading that blog. KBob, I'll check out Petersen's and let you know. Thanks!

JohnKSa
September 4, 2013, 11:18 PM
Spring-piston airguns are not nearly as simple to work on as firearms. I've taken a couple apart but I won't take one apart if I care anything about it.

With the proper tools it's a different story, but even then it can be tricky.

Pyramyd Air may do some work on the old FWB airguns. It's probably worth calling them--even if they don't, they may know someone who does.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendations for Orlando air rifle repair?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!