Smallest PPK style centerfire

PDA

TennJed
September 6, 2013, 07:19 PM
I know there are several guns in the PPK "style" (Makarov, P64, mauser, bersa) and I know there are some small walthers in 22lr, but which of these style guns is the smallest in 32, 380, or Makarov?

If you enjoyed reading about "Smallest PPK style centerfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
silicosys4
September 6, 2013, 07:26 PM
I have the cz82, the p64, the ppk, the ppk/s.
of those, right off the top of my head the ppk is the smallest.

TennJed
September 6, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks I am a little confused on the PPK vs PPKs and what can still be bought. Are new PPK available or is there some reason they cannot be imported?

dogtown tom
September 6, 2013, 08:01 PM
TennJed Thanks I am a little confused on the PPK vs PPKs and what can still be bought. Are new PPK available or is there some reason they cannot be imported?
The PPK doesn't earn enough points to be importable.
The PPKs is a PP frame with a PPK slide.

There have been PPK models made in the USA.

DanTheFarmer
September 7, 2013, 08:58 AM
The smallest is probably the Bersa Thunder 380cc model. The cc is for "compact carry" I believe. It has a shorter barrel, is thinner, low profile sights, etc.. These changes do make this model look different than others in the PPK style. The innards are the same as the regular Bersa Thunder 380.

I own both and often carry the 380cc in my pocket. The numbers say the size difference between the cc and regular model isn't much but it feels smaller to me. That is a subjective judgement and YMMV as they say.

Take a look at one and see if the changes make it look to you like a whole new type of pistol or if it is still in the PPK style. Some people think linguine is just wide spaghetti and others think it is a completely different meal.

Dan

Onmilo
September 7, 2013, 09:49 AM
The absolute smallest PPK style pistol is the Russian PSM in 5.7 bottleneck centerfire
http://www.fototime.com/AE5D65B4958D908/standard.jpg
Not much thicker than a credit card wallet, these guns were designed as a concealment weapon for Security Services, the gun and its special cartridge are intended for extreme concealment and absolute lethality including the ability to defeat common body armour.
Don't let the small size fool you, these guns are deadly in the right hands.
PSM pistols can or could be purchased commercially in less restrictive European nations such as Switzerland but the specialized penetrator ammunition is still restricted to Russian Military/Police in much the same was as the FN 5.7 ammmunition here in the states.

The smallest commercially available PPK type pistol for the American market is the Walther TPH
http://www.fototime.com/242F87AA9B63227/standard.jpg
Most are made in stainless steel and caliber .22LR but the gun is/was produced in blued steel as well and also available in .25acp

Both pictures courtesy of the internetz

If you enjoyed reading about "Smallest PPK style centerfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!