THR IRC & Other Stuff

PDA

Atom Smasher
September 11, 2013, 02:36 AM
I was just thinking the other day that a chat client (built in or just a room on IRC) would be super useful! I understand that the mods clearly don't have time to run an IRC room all the time, so it could be unmoderated, but I thought it would be fun to live chat with you guys.

Also, is there an obvious place for non-firearm related classifieds, like knife or bow sales? If not, a subforum for that would be good too.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "THR IRC & Other Stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
September 11, 2013, 03:54 AM
We do have a non firearms weapons sub forum already.

FuzzyBunny
September 11, 2013, 04:48 AM
If you open a chat channel do it on the EFnet network.

In fact I just started
#GunsTHR
on EFnet using the irc.colosolutions.net server

I'll watch it for a few days and see if anyone joins.

If I don't reply that means I'm away. If folks do join I'll add a bot in there to kinda keep order.

Many servers cover EFnet. If you use mIRC just join an EFnet server and type /join #GunsTHR

The mIRC program is free and is at http://www.mirc.com/
IRC or Internet Relay Chat has been around since the web was a baby or even before. Not as old as Usenet though if I recall. I've been around a while.

Atom Smasher
September 11, 2013, 11:47 AM
We do have a non firearms weapons sub forum already.

Oh, I know! I enjoy reading it. I was just wondering if there was a dedicated "buy/sell/trade" non-firearm subforum, or if I'm allowed to buy/sell/trade in the already-existing subforum. I was thinking that a buy/sell/trade for non-firearms would be a good addition.

In fact I just started
#GunsTHR
on EFnet using the irc.colosolutions.net server

I'll watch it for a few days and see if anyone joins.

You might consider posting this in the General forum, it would definitely get more people into the room! :)

JShirley
September 11, 2013, 12:02 PM
I was just wondering if there was a dedicated "buy/sell/trade" non-firearm subforum, or if I'm allowed to buy/sell/trade in the already-existing subforum.

Typically, non-firearm things that would be considered to be fine would be the type things shooters and outdoorsmen would use- knives, firearm accessories, etc.

THR also has no problem with people who want to trade legal non-firearm items for gun items- say you have an old ATV you want to trade for a really nice rifle. No problem. :)

If you have questions about a specific item, PM bikerdoc. He's grumpy, but will still gladly answer your questions. ;)

John

bikerdoc
September 11, 2013, 12:06 PM
He's grumpy, but will still gladly answer your questions.

Snff!! and sensitive also. :)

Atom Smasher
September 11, 2013, 12:24 PM
I guess I meant (and sorry for not being clear) a place that I could post "I have a Barnett Jackal crossbow for sale"; can I post a thread like that in the non-firearms subforum? If not, where can I post a thread like that?

Mal H
September 11, 2013, 03:02 PM
An item such as that would be welcome in the "Buy, Sell and Trade: Accessories" forum in the Trading Post section after you have met the criteria for creating a thread there (which you already have).

In general, no B/S/T threads are allowed in any other forum with the possible exception of the Handloading forum, but you still have to have met the Trading Post criteria and follow the rules for that section.

horsemen61
September 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Mods i REALLY like it the way it is so please keep up the good work

hso
September 20, 2013, 09:44 PM
can I post a thread like that in the non-firearms subforum?

Nope. Discussion forums don't permit BST type posts, BUT BST Accessories fits what you're wanting to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR IRC & Other Stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!