Tri Star Semi-Auto 12 ga

PDA

WALKERs210
September 12, 2013, 10:21 PM
Guess I didn't know all the guns out there after all. At Wally-World I came across a TRISTAR Raptor semi auto 12ga. Price was around $329. + taxes, which after looking the gun over I think is a fair price. I went to their web site and tracked down a honest review where the man reviewing it had sprayed it down with water and left it out on porch for a couple nights to freeze. Then picked it up and started shooting, saw on web site it comes with 5yr warranty. Might have to go look a little longer for it. Don't know how but guess it did get cut off, I was wanting to find out if anyone has any personal experience with this shotgun. This is not the first time my computer has lost some of the text but for what its worth I'm sorry about that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tri Star Semi-Auto 12 ga" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uniquedot
September 12, 2013, 10:42 PM
I've read it three times and I'm still :confused: Ummm is there a question hidden in the text?

USAF_Vet
September 13, 2013, 05:49 PM
Haven't ever heard of them. Where are they manufactured? How long have they been around?

I've got an itch for a semi auto shotgun, but not sure if a fly by night would scratch it. They look nice, and the prices are very reasonable. But, gotta wonder how they got to that price.

jaguarxk120
September 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
A honest review of a gun is after 5,000 shots, not throwing water on it and letting it freeze over night.

The Tri-Star guns are imported from different country's , it just depends on the maker and the metals used in mfgr.

Nickel Plated
September 13, 2013, 06:46 PM
I think I heard Tri-Star are Chinese clones of various other guns. If you look at their pistol line, they have alot of CZ and IMI Baby Eagle clones. I wouldn't mind trying one out for that price, but the euro-trash styling on their semi-autos really turn me off. I need my shotguns to have classic american styling. Straight, purposeful lines. Not a bunch of wavy curves that make it look like some appliance.

Uniquedot
September 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
Academy carries the raptor for $329 and they have the tec 12 for $529. I at one time was fascinated with the tec 12 and was going to buy one just because it's different, but I came to my senses before purchasing something just because it was "cool". For those unfamiliar with the tec 12 it's a semi auto and a pump gun in one.

WALKERs210
September 13, 2013, 08:41 PM
True to luck I had a link to review but guess the computer gods just deleted it, along with other things. Best I remember I think it was from or in conjunction with Gallery of Guns, the guy started off not expecting alot. But by the time he was finished and gave an honest review it sounded like a decent shotgun for the money. From what I have gathered the guns are made in Turkey and have seen both sides of fence in opinions. Most likely I will just stick with my two Mossberg pumps and spend the money on shotshells instead. Also since seeing it I made a stop at a Pawn Shop and found a Rem semi auto in 16ga for around $250.00.
Note to Uniquedot, late at night I will use a small program that helps with spelling and grammar, for some reason when I copied the text some of it got left off and I didn't see it until you pointed out that no question was asked. Teach me to just use the one that works here.

BigBore44
September 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
My duck hunting buddy wanted a semiauto last year. He's a cheapskate and bought a Tristar. Now he only used it one season, but he never had one malfunction. And we hunt a lot in some pretty bad weather. We don't care if its 5 degrees or 50. Sunny, raining, snowing. If its our day off we're hunting. And it did well for the first season. I'll never compare it to a Benelli SBE or Beretta, but for a $350 gun it wasn't bad. A little light for magnum loads however.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tri Star Semi-Auto 12 ga" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!