"Tales of the Gun" all day 2/4

PDA

XLMiguel
February 4, 2003, 12:02 PM
Just a heads up, TOTG all day today 9 - 6 pm. . I'm home with a cast on my foot and enough pain meds to leave me with the attention span of a chipmunk (i.e. no serious reading), so this ain't bad as daytime TV goes:)

If you enjoyed reading about ""Tales of the Gun" all day 2/4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
February 4, 2003, 12:06 PM
Sure beats Oprah & Springer.

Greg

M2HMGHB
February 4, 2003, 12:19 PM
I just watched a couple episodes and it looks like they were feeeding the MG34 and MG42 with Wolf ammo. I didnt see a close up but the MG34 and 42 had green lacquer ammo on the belts.

Dannyboy
February 4, 2003, 01:30 PM
I thought it was supposed to be all day but there's a show on all of the Bond gadgets on right now. Modern Marvels, I think it is. Yesterday was a Heavy Metal marathon, which was cool.

762x51
February 4, 2003, 02:23 PM
One more reason why I need a TV at work. :(

Brian Maffei
February 4, 2003, 04:45 PM
I liked the hour long Remington commercial.;)

Hkmp5sd
February 4, 2003, 04:54 PM
It's a good series. Unfortunately, they provide somewhat inaccurate information about Whitman shooting from the tower in Texas while talking about sharpshooters.

Schuey2002
February 4, 2003, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see some "new" shows..

A history of H&K or Glock are high on my list of shows that they should have done...:(

"To understand the gun is to better understand history"..:D

bamf
February 4, 2003, 06:01 PM
There are no "new" shows. :(

I believe they talk significantly about the the glock for 10 minutes in a two hour overview of various guns. I don't think you can really talk about Glock for a full one hour, it's really one type of gun and one mechanism and a company only about 20 years old.

Kahr carrier
February 4, 2003, 10:48 PM
cool.:)

Leatherneck
February 5, 2003, 10:52 AM
Man, I too was home sick yesterday, and I had the History Channel on all day. Watched the whole series twice! Today, for some reason, I have a yen for finding some old military rifles. :D

TC
TFL Survivor

If you enjoyed reading about ""Tales of the Gun" all day 2/4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!