Conceal Carry Etiquette

PDA

Praxidike
September 16, 2013, 03:44 PM
If you are going into someone's home and you conceal carry, do you normally let that person know beforehand? One of my girlfriend's old friends has invited us to their home for dinner with their family. I do not know what their stance is on gun control. Do you all usually leave your firearm in the car, tell them ahead of time, or say nothing at all?

If you enjoyed reading about "Conceal Carry Etiquette" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Markm87
September 16, 2013, 03:46 PM
Say nothing.

Spats McGee
September 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
It depends on your state. In Arkansas, I'm required to notify someone if I'm CC-ing in their home. In other states, such notification may not be required. Either they know that I'll be carrying (I've given a few people a "standing notification" that I carry, so that I don't have to keep reminding them), or I don't carry in their house.

Praxidike
September 16, 2013, 03:57 PM
I do not think it's a law in my state.

Spats McGee
September 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
If not, then the question of "Must I tell them?" has been answered. The question of "Should I tell them?" is a different matter entirely. If the "old friend" is a good friend of your girlfriend, is there any chance your girlfriend could sound out the old friend about her family's position on guns?

Speedo66
September 16, 2013, 04:07 PM
If they spot it and you didn't tell them, would that create a problem?
Ask your girl friend's opinion, she knows them best.

I don't leave guns in cars, so I'd probably leave it home if I wasn't sure how they'd react. Or perhaps your GF can call and ask ahead of time.

Arkansas Paul
September 16, 2013, 04:12 PM
All of my friends just assume I'm carrying, whether I am or not. Because they know me. :)

Seriously, in the situation you mentioned, I'd leave it in the car or at home, depending on how you feel about leaving one in your vehicle.

Praxidike
September 16, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yea I'll just leave it at home then.. Thanks

Outlaw Man
September 16, 2013, 05:22 PM
In Arkansas, I'm required to notify someone if I'm CC-ing in their home.
I have friends to whom I say, "I'm a vampire," alluding to the idea that vampires can't come in unless invited. Otherwise, depending on the circumstances, I either leave it in the car or at home. Some people can't understand, but I respect their property rights.

Al Thompson
September 16, 2013, 05:22 PM
For other folks, be cautious. Lots of CWP holders here (SC) don't realize that you have a duty to inform a homeowner if you carry into their abode.

If you come to my house unarmed, suitable firearms can be lent. :D

cowtownup
September 16, 2013, 05:32 PM
I would notify or not carry in their home... If you carry concealed in my home and don't tell me and I spot it, you will be asked to leave. IMO, it's simply respect for another persons home. I faced a similar scenario recently and elected to not carry just to avoid the whole issue, plus I felt safe in this persons home. Good luck with whatever you decide...

Sam1911
September 16, 2013, 05:34 PM
I'd no more discuss my gun than my underwear. I've carried many, many places where permission was not sought nor required.

If you carry concealed in my home and don't tell me and I spot it, you will be asked to leave.And of course no request would ever be half so willingly granted.

But do check your state laws to be sure (www.handgunlaw.us).

Schwing
September 16, 2013, 06:35 PM
+1 on this sentiment. I would also add that I have a friend who's wife made it very clear that there will "Never be a gun allowed into my home".... He comes to my house when we get together.

jad0110
September 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
Notification is not required in my state, and I don't do so. Carrying has become so natural and common place to me that I don't really even think about it. It's no different than wearing a watch to me.

gym
September 16, 2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/search.php?searchid=12010704

plenty of past discussions on this:

wally
September 16, 2013, 06:57 PM
Don't ask, Don't tell. If its concealed properly, nobody will know.

460Kodiak
September 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
This for me

All of my friends just assume I'm carrying, whether I am or not. Because they know me.

But, new aquaintance, I'd ask my GF.

If you come to my house unarmed, suitable firearms can be lent.

LOL!!!! Nice

Warp
September 16, 2013, 07:16 PM
If you are going into someone's home and you conceal carry, do you normally let that person know beforehand? One of my girlfriend's old friends has invited us to their home for dinner with their family. I do not know what their stance is on gun control. Do you all usually leave your firearm in the car, tell them ahead of time, or say nothing at all?

I do not ask nor do I tell, unless it comes up via discussion.

The same is true of my pocket knife. I do not ask permission to carry my Spyderco into their home, no do I feel the need to tell them about it.

Depending on circumstances I do pay a little more attention to concealment.

The_Armed_Therapist
September 16, 2013, 07:20 PM
Why would they spot it? Carry on!

Warp
September 16, 2013, 07:27 PM
Why would they spot it? Carry on!

Concealed doesn't necessarily mean that nobody knows (or suspects) that it is there.

Not everybody will carry the same gun the same way.

A S&W 642 in a Smartcarry under jeans probably won't be spotted. A mid size gun IWB under a T-shirt just might.

Dr_B
September 16, 2013, 07:31 PM
All of my friends just assume I'm carrying, whether I am or not. Because they know me.

That describes me as well and also goes for my coworkers who run into me off campus. I suppose there are some friends who I do not discuss guns with, so they probably never think about it. But generally my gun is sort of like my wallet, it goes everywhere with me. Just carry unless you are required to tell the person by law.

ArmedOkie
September 16, 2013, 07:44 PM
Don't say a damn thing. Personally, I don't usually go in people's homes that I don't know well enough that they already expect me to be carrying a gun when I come over. And none of my friends are gun-fearing either.

Bobson
September 16, 2013, 07:55 PM
Everyone I know well enough to visit at home already knows I'm carrying.

huntsman
September 16, 2013, 08:00 PM
I don't tell anyone what's in my pocket nor do I let anyone stick their hand in my pocket so as they say concealed is concealed.

BullfrogKen
September 16, 2013, 08:19 PM
It's been over a decade since I referred to my wife as my girlfriend. Even still, my wife at the time knew my position on firearms, and trusted me because she knew me and loved me.

I'd have asked her if where I was going would have been a serious issue before we went.

Through the passage of time, my girlfriend-become-wife came to know I'd have a gun on me as sure as my debit card. And we both became just as comfortable with it. So did her family. And friends are fleeting . . .

So I'll leave you with this.

If you carrying your gun isn't yet as comfortable as you carrying your wallet, don't bring it. Just go without it and enjoy the visit in their home. Leave it in your vehicle if that makes you happy.

My family - my extended family - doesn't bat an eye knowing I have a gun on my hip. They accept it as commonplace as the wallet in my pocket.

Contrary to what the popular media would have you believe, gun ownership is mainstream. And its becoming more accepted that Carry Permits/Licenses are mainstream, too.

If you handle it as mainstream, and as commonplace as your wallet, the more those around you will see it the same way.

That's not hyperbole. I know a lot of people in my office who have a PA License to Carry. The majority of them are women. No joke.

MedWheeler
September 16, 2013, 09:26 PM
Unless it's a pool party, I usually carry without mention. If I expect to have to disclose, and don't want that drama, I leave it in my truck.

Fortunately, I don't go to too many other people's houses. Of the four I might visit in a year, two are owned by staunch supporters of firearms-rights. A third is occupied by raging liberals, and the fourth is, well, just "there."

RetiredUSNChief
September 16, 2013, 10:38 PM
Depends on where I'm at.

In SC, my state of residence where I have my CCW permit, I cannot legally enter another person's residence carrying a concealable weapon without their permission.

Section 23-31-225: No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.

In VA, you can't bring the gun on private property if you've been informed not to by the person in residence on that property, or the property owner. In this case there doesn't seem to be any duty to inform or get permission first.

Likewise, in Indiana it would appear that there is no duty to inform a private property owner or resident. However, they may set conditions for access and if one of those conditions is no firearms, then it is a tresspassing violation.

SO, where the state laws are silent on the matter, I, too, am silent. Concealed means concealed.

Where the state laws specifically require me to obtain permission, then I do not carry onto private property without permission.

mljdeckard
September 16, 2013, 10:59 PM
For an occasion like the one the OP describes, I wouldn't carry. A lot of unknowns, and there is also something to be said for having a little respect.

I can't remember the last time I went to a stranger's house, and they never had an inkling I was a gun guy, and I didn't think it was ok to carry. I guess with social networking, I get to know people before I actually go into their homes.

horsemen61
September 16, 2013, 11:17 PM
well IF im at the in-laws I don't say nothing because they ain't real big fans of yours truly packing heat :evil: If im at a friends place I might tell them They just assume I am and I like that.

el Godfather
September 17, 2013, 03:41 AM
At my house it is not allowed. Folks are asked to leave their weapon in the vehicle or home. Sure they may choose not to come at all. I mase this rule after certain incident that took place.

farm23
September 17, 2013, 07:46 AM
I do not tell if I am carrying but if I know someone is uncomfortable I respect that person desire and do not go to their house.

Trunk Monkey
September 17, 2013, 07:48 AM
To me, a firearm is an item of dress just like my wallet, my keys or my phone. I don't leave my home with out it.

I think Iíve mentioned this before but most of my friends are church friends not gun friends they know I own guns and the guys on the security team know I carry but most of my friends donít have permits so them coming to my home armed has never been an issue. Having said that, if I know you well enough to open my home to you I know you well enough that your carrying in my home isnít a concern.

As for me carrying in your home, I try not to make an issue where there isnít one to begin with.

My in-laws are pretty clueless about concealed carry. I donít put the issue in their face but I do carry in their home and my concealment is such that they either have never noticed or never commented.

Early on my wife asked me not to carry there to ďkeep the peaceĒ but when I pointed out that her daughterís meth head husband had a Glock shoved down the crack of his ass the last time he was there that went by the wayside.

FWIW I attended a security team gathering earlier this year at one of the guyís home and I know at least three of us were armed. During the gathering guns were never mentioned and no guns were displayed in any way. They were simply treated as if they didnít exist.

NavyLCDR
September 17, 2013, 07:53 AM
I never could understand why some people who take such great lengths to conceal their guns, and talk about how important it is to keep it concealed just can't seem to wait to find an excuse to tell someone about their concealed gun. If it is not required to by law, don't ask, don't tell, concealed means concealed. Heck, I open carry and I don't have the issues that it seems like some people who carry concealed have :-)

lowercase
September 17, 2013, 07:55 AM
I do not tell if I am carrying but if I know someone is uncomfortable I respect that person desire and do not go to their house.

I'm in this camp.

MedWheeler
September 17, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'll add to my previous comment that some of our friends (okay, most) are Russians who are enjoying the liberties here that were not acknowledged back in the old country. At some of the parties hosted by the quite-wealthier ones, it was not uncommon to see guns in the waistbands of some of the guests.

skoro
September 17, 2013, 07:57 AM
Informing others that you're armed largely defeats the purpose of concealment. I carry almost everywhere outside my home. I informed close family members years ago when I first got my license and never brought it up again. I never mention it to anyone else as I don't feel they have a need to know.

huntsman
September 17, 2013, 07:58 AM
that sounds like enabling ignorance to me.

bdickens
September 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
It is no one else's business any more than what color underwear I have on.

mikey98e
September 17, 2013, 10:10 AM
I could care less if someone at my house was carrying. I expect the same treatment. If there is a problem with that then AMF.
-mike

scaatylobo
September 17, 2013, 11:48 AM
The only one that needs know I am 'healed' is the only one that I do not have to tell.

CCW = means exactly that.

If you still have ANY doubts as to the safety of a 'gun free zone' - you are not watching the news.

Just your luck a drug dealer decides that your girlfriends parents are competition in the drug trade [ mistakes do happen ] - and they pull a home invasion .

psyopspec
September 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
if I know you well enough to open my home to you I know you well enough that your carrying in my home isn’t a concern.

That's well put, and I would add that one may assume that their rights remain uncurtailed on my property unless I say otherwise. I make the same assumption for myself. In cases where I know my carrying would be inconsistent with the wishes of my host, I either don't carry or don't go. I'm not out to seek a confrontation, though I won't awake a sleeping dog by bringing up the issue.

mljdeckard
September 17, 2013, 08:35 PM
People are allowed to be ignorant in their own homes. Not my business. I am not under any obligation to force enlightened gun education upon people in their own homes. They have their rules, I have mine.

Roadking Rider
September 17, 2013, 08:46 PM
Even if they know I CC, I Very rarely do I CC in any ones home.

scaatylobo
September 17, 2013, 09:24 PM
If for any reason I was informed that I could come,but pack no heat - guess they want a different person as a guest !.

I am 66 [ in 4 days ] and I am not about to put my 1* for any else's idea of liberty and the right to be safe.

bikerdoc
September 17, 2013, 09:48 PM
It is a non issue as I do not associate with anyone not committed to the lifestyle.

ColtPythonElite
September 17, 2013, 09:54 PM
I carry nearly everywhere that is legal. I wouldn't think of notifying a host or asking permission. I also don't expect the host to protect me. If by chance my weapon becomes known and not wanted, I will gladly take it and leave.

valleyforge.1777
September 17, 2013, 10:18 PM
I just do not discuss guns with anyone I know from work, socially, etc. I am not into having people know I own a gun or that I carry a gun. That is part of my home security plan. Don't advertise to anyone that I own a gun. I shoot at a range where I know some of the people from going to the range over the years, but I do not associate with any of them outside of the range. I'm not mister social friendly, anyway. The only relative who knows i have guns is my father. My mother is anti-gun. Say what you want, but I am not wasting my time and energy trying to convince her of anything. She does not like guns because she likes the idea of not liking guns, and it is pretty much as simple as that. So, no point discussing guns at her house, etc. I have no problem leaving a gun in the car in my parents' driveway.

So, since none of my friends know that I have a gun, I obviously do not discuss with them that I am carrying a gun. Concealed means concealed, although I do not worry if strangers can tell I have a gun when I am out shopping, eating, etc. When going to a friend's house, the gun is more concealed than usual, or in the car in their driveway.

jhvaughan2
September 17, 2013, 10:29 PM
I am a little contrary to most on this thread. I believe in respect and honor most of all. If I value someone as a friend, and I am not sure they would be OK with me carrying then I'll leave it. Otherwise it is "sneaking" which is dishonest.

I dont announce I'm carrying, and If I visit someone who I know would not mind, I do not mention it. But to do it and say to my self "what they don't know..." or "it is not their business" -- when you feel that they might disapprove -- is not being honorable, in my book. It is there house and you should try to respect their wishes -- even if they are not explicitly implied.

TestPilot
September 18, 2013, 01:04 AM
I have no duty what so ever to inform people of something I do that is not immoral, not criminal, and does not harm them in any way.

I usually do not tell.

TestPilot
September 18, 2013, 01:08 AM
I am a little contrary to most on this thread. I believe in respect and honor most of all. If I value someone as a friend, and I am not sure they would be OK with me carrying then I'll leave it. Otherwise it is "sneaking" which is dishonest.

I dont announce I'm carrying, and If I visit someone who I know would not mind, I do not mention it. But to do it and say to my self "what they don't know..." or "it is not their business" -- when you feel that they might disapprove -- is not being honorable, in my book. It is there house and you should try to respect their wishes -- even if they are not explicitly implied.
So, your reasoning is that it would be dishonorable because you would be hiding what they would disapprove.

If that moral standard is to be applied, there is no logical reason why it would be limited to the issue of gun carry only. Applying that logic, you should disclose, not just gun issue, but all other issues, such as your behavior or past actions, your ideas and beliefs that makes you feel that they might disapprove of you being in their place.

Do you?

RetiredUSNChief
September 18, 2013, 02:10 AM
So, your reasoning is that it would be dishonorable because you would be hiding what they would disapprove.

If that moral standard is to be applied, there is no logical reason why it would be limited to the issue of gun carry only. Applying that logic, you should disclose, not just gun issue, but all other issues, such as your behavior or past actions, your ideas and beliefs that makes you feel that they might disapprove of you being in their place.

Do you?

Speaking only for myself, this would not be my reasoning at all.

"My house, my rules" applies to them just as much as it does to me and my wife in our own home.

Agree or disagree, whenever I enter another person's domicile I fall under THEIR rules. If I do not agree, I still have the choice of either complying or leaving.

It's not that it's "dishonorable" to hide what they disapprove (though it is that also), it's that I choose to abide by their rules while under their roof.

Mp7
September 18, 2013, 04:38 AM
Imagine it was a porn mag instead of a gun.

What would the social situation be like
when it suddenly becomes visible?

It`s homeowners rules.
If he is not comfy with sum1 sitting
at his table while carrying, u need to comply
with his wishes.

Wether u leave it at home, car ... or
put it in the homeowners cupboard during the visit,
is an individual choice.

- - -

I once experienced a situation where a .357 revolver
dropped out of a document case while having
after dinner espresso with a group of 10 people.

The owner of the gun had had quite a lot of whiskey.
Him having brought that gun to a non-pro-gun household
was impolite & awkward. He had been brought along
by a good friend of the family.

He was never brought along again.

ArchAngelCD
September 18, 2013, 05:24 AM
You can just tell what the attitude is like about guns in the state where they live by the answers given. In states where guns are no big deal like in PA you can clearly hear the difference of opinion from those who live in states where guns are "out of place" or they have recently been granted the "right" to protect themselves. It's amazing how clear the differences are.

I carry a J frame daily and have done so since I moved to PA. I do not tell anyone I have a gun in my pocket and most people here in PA just don't care.

My mom was born in PA but moved to NY at the age of 19. She is now 89 and has lived in NJ for the past 20 some odd years. Both NY City and NJ are very strict on guns so she really isn't exposed to them. A few years back she happened to see my revolver as I removed it from my pocket at night. She asked me if "that thing" is loaded. I told her of course it's loaded, what good is an empty gun? She then said, "Isn't that dangerous?" My answer was Mom, when is the last time you heard of a gun firing itself, she said never. Well then, since I'm not going to pull the trigger and neither is anyone else I guess the loaded gun isn't dangerous. She said, "I guess not" and that was the end of it...

A gun sitting in a holster in your pocket or on your belt is not dangerous so why in the world would you want to make a big deal of it and tell someone you are carrying? This seems to only be a issue in places where guns are restricted or were restricted until recently. It's hard to combat a lifetime of propaganda, lies and prejudices especially when the schools and media spreads all those lies.

NavyLCDR
September 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
Imagine it was a porn mag instead of a gun.

And that's the problem. When gun owners treat their guns like something "sinful', "shameful", "distastefu", etc. How about this. How about if we imagine it was a cell phone instead? I put my cellphone in my pocket and my gun on my belt when I get dressed. Neither object emits an odor. Neither object is obscene. The gun might even be more quiet than the cell phone. Neither object is taking up any of another's space. And unless there is a specific need to use the object, both objects are going to stay holstered. Heck, some scientists suggest there is some evidence that the radio emmissions from the cell phone might be dangerous to your brain, but not the gun (unless you pull the trigger). How about if us gun owner's stop treating our guns like something that should be hidden away from society?

TestPilot
September 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
And that's the problem. When gun owners treat their guns like something "sinful', "shameful", "distastefu", etc.

Exactly.

Sure, if someone expressly tells me that he or she does not want me to come in with a gun in their home, then I won't, unless I have to and it is legal.

But, I do not want to participate in the movement of making actively seeking permission the norm.

I refuse to perpetuate the wrong idea that my gun carry is something I need to actively seek someone else's approval or excuse for.

I would ask certain people if they are armed. I would demand certain people in cirtain circumstances to disarm when coming into my home. But, I have no problem if I find out someone I allowed in my home is legally armed when I did not ask if they were armed or have demanded them to disarm.

ares338
September 18, 2013, 09:04 AM
Might just be me but I don't go where I can't at least conceal carry. I don't take offense I just don't go. It's their right to not want it and my right to not go. See how easy this stuff is?

jbrown50
September 18, 2013, 09:45 AM
Two years ago I had a contractor come to my house to work on the furnace. While working, his shirt came up just enough that I could see part of the belt clip to his holster. I then asked him what type of gun he carried. He told me that it was a Colt Officer's 45. He then offered to take it out to the truck and leave it there if it bothered me. I told him not to worry. If he was going to kill me or rob me or whatever, he'd have already tried it by now and he wasn't acting irresponsibly in any way. We then had a nice conversation about firearms and when he finished the work we had a brief look at one another's carry guns. I met a new friend that day.

I don't have a fear of firearms so I don't think that I'm entitled for people
to respect my fears. As long as a legitimate visitor acts responsibly on my property or in my home it doesn't matter whether or not they're carrying a gun.

rodinal220
September 18, 2013, 12:58 PM
Nobody's business but mine. NO. Concealed means concealed.

Claude Clay
September 18, 2013, 02:09 PM
start with -- to get some place i must travel.
as i am responsible for the safety of me & mine i choose to be armed, concealed, when out and about.

i also feel that i have the carry cert -- not my car. which can be stolen along with what is in it. i do not want my gun, unsupervised by me, in a strangers hands. thus i do not stash it while i run inside. rather i will plan a trip to a forbidden area accordingly; run that errand and get back home, dress and continue my days necessaries.

so, going to an others home, perhaps as a tag-along friend, i'm of the don't tell.
if i know in advance they are opposed, than i wont carry and perhaps i will not go.

cause i still have to get there and back -- them not wanting it in their home has me to be without for the entire trip. and i know Murphy; your easy drive may get detoured by an accident or construction... i'm not paranoid, so to go or not is a decision that will be made case by case.
and taking away one tool does not mean i am completely defenseless...
mindset, skillset, toolset -- be balanced.

scaatylobo
September 18, 2013, 03:49 PM
In my not so humble opinion,this goes for ANYPLACE that does not actually welcome CCW on premise.

I do not believe in a "gun free zone" that is a very personal belief and I am sure some [ not the majority ] will disagree.

that is their right,I am willing to be asked to leave IF by some miracle I was spotted with a heater on.

I have been practicing the 'art' of CCW since a young man in NYC [ yea,you might get that ? ].

I was an LEO and learned to spot others who were armed,I believe I do well as all my friends that know I CCW - ask me if I am healed as they cannot tell :D.

Unless I go through a magnetometer I am "not" armed.

RetiredUSNChief
September 18, 2013, 04:29 PM
All right, since it's always possible to postulate a circumstance wherein one point of view will prevail over another, I'll do so for this:

My wife had a cousin who, for want of a less offensive term, I shall refer to by name as "Effin Idiot".

Effin isn't just an idiot. He's flat out dangerous, and I'm not talking clumsy-dangerous. He's a bigoted know-it-all who has sucked tens of thousands of dollars out of his parents, has put a strain between his parents and my in-laws (who have been very supportive of the parents in many ways), and has threatened serious bodily harm to his own parents, including with a gun.. And that's just for starters.

And he carries concealed, presumably with a concealed carry permit since he's also a lawyer and knows better than to carry concealed without one.

Not that he obeys all the laws with respect to concealed carry in SC, most especially with respect to carrying concealed where he's not supposed to. Like in other people's homes. See post # 27.

I said he's dangerous, and I'm not kidding. There isn't a family gathering that my family attends that I am not absolutely aware of where he is at all times...and where our kids are. My wife and father-in-law know what I'll be doing with the kids at the first sign I have that things are starting to go down hill with Effin.

Personally, I will not let this man into our house...and most certainly NOT while he is armed. Neither will my wife. In fact, given his history, my wife and I have discussed what to do should he ever come knocking at our door. Don't open the door, don't talk to him, and call the police. PERIOD.

I don't believe in "gun-free zones" either. But a person's home is THEIR castle and they have the right to set whatever conditions THEY feel are appropriate on their home turf. "Gun-free zones" aren't about homeowner's rights...they're about government restrictions involving public access in certain areas. Don't confuse the issue of "gun-free zones" with homeowner's rights.

I'm sorry...there ARE times when a homeowner will ask someone NOT to bring a firearm into the house. Whether you or I agree with this is beside the point. We don't know the reasons why, and quite honestly it's none of our business why in many cases. We are duty and honor bound to comply with their wishes on their own turf. If we don't like it and don't want to leave our guns elsewhere for the duration of the visit, then the choice is simple: leave their property.

That's ALL there is to it. LEAVE THE GUN OR LEAVE THE PROPERTY.

And if you live in a state where you are obligated by law to request the permission of the homeowner or resident with respect to bringing a firearm onto their property, then either DO IT or don't go in the first place. If not, then concealed means concealed.

HoosierQ
September 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Don't ask, Don't tell. If its concealed properly, nobody will know.
This would be me. Concealed is actually concealed, not squished up under a tee-shirt. Under a long tailed shirt, no need to say anything.

Haywood
September 18, 2013, 04:43 PM
I always carry, never tell.

If you enjoyed reading about "Conceal Carry Etiquette" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!