Colt Anaconda holster

PDA

crazysccrmd
September 16, 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm looking for a holster to carry my 6" Anaconda while hunting. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will keep it in place while climbing/scrambling/hiking/etc. I found a Blade Tech holster on their website that looks like it will fit the bill but haven't been able to turn up any reviews of it. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Anaconda holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
September 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
What kind of holster? Hunter shoulder holster, standard hip or cross-draw?

El Paso Saddlery offers a wide variety of semi-custom holsters for most any gun.

crazysccrmd
September 18, 2013, 11:01 PM
Probably a right side hip carry. I'm usually carrying a pack while hunting so the other options might not work well.

CraigC
September 19, 2013, 02:13 AM
Probably anything for an N-frame or Redhawk would work. I like a nice Threepersons.....

http://photos.imageevent.com/newfrontier45/leatherwork/large/IMG_1671b.jpg

dfariswheel
September 19, 2013, 08:16 PM
Two good ones from Bianchi for the Anaconda are the Model 111 Cyclone and the old reliable 5BH.

The Cyclone is a thumb-brake which can be worn strong side or cross-draw.
The 5BH is a thumb-brake with a rear sight protector, and is a strong side.
It's one of the most copied holsters ever.

A much less expensive option is Uncle Mike's nylon Sidekick hip holster.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Anaconda holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!