My next SBS project

PDA

Arizona_Mike
September 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
I'm going to submit one more Form 1 before the potential changes to the trust project. I just secured the shotgun last night. I have 4 Form 1s (2 SBRs and 2 SBSs) and 3 Form 4s out (.45/.308/.22 suppressors).

I was doing some backpacking a carbine and was prepared to shoot a coyote (but only saw one pup for a fraction of a second before he ran into a rock outcropping) but saw lots of rabbits. A couple weekends ago, I was hunting coyote with a double shotgun loaded with T Heavyshot and over choked and flushed a ton of rabbits.

My plan is to have a light handy double with removable chokes so I can set up one barrel for coyote and the other for rabbit and other small game.

I obtained a Stoeger Coach gun with unusually good trigger pulls (tried about half a dozen). I'm thinking about cutting the stock back to youth length (13" LOP to the front trigger) and going with a 14" barrel as a compromise between handiness and a good sight radius. I almost bought a 20ga youth model but prefer the versatility of available 12ga ammo. The OD in the area is around .810 to .815 so I would have to go with thin-wall Tru-Chokes. The bores are tight (~.727) so that should not be an issue.

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "My next SBS project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "My next SBS project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!