probaly another stupid question.........

PDA

9 m&m
March 24, 2004, 05:23 PM
This is probaly stupid, but I was reading about a flare gun (12 gauge) and they said the chamber is too short to shoot regular 12 gauge ammo, this may be a dumb idea but could they possibly fire the Aguila Mini-shells??? Ya know they are so much lower pressured than regular ammo. I am definitely not going to try it but I would just like to know. Thanks. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "probaly another stupid question........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
March 24, 2004, 05:27 PM
Very bad idea - the flare guns are not stressed for the pressures of regular ammo (the flare basically bounces up the bore - there isn't a tight pressure seal). Also, you may hit legal troubles: a flare gun is sold without an FFL being required, as it's not a firearm. Make it into one, and the ATFE is going to take an unhealthy interest in you... :uhoh:

9 m&m
March 24, 2004, 08:10 PM
Preacherman,
I said I defiantly would NOT try it.:)

Dr.Rob
March 24, 2004, 08:19 PM
BOOM!

However, some flare guns are sold with a solid capsicum round (a wad of pepper?) for use against bears.

I'd say you'd likely be committing some sort of illegal act by doing so... and even if not, it's a good way to join the Darwin club.

If you enjoyed reading about "probaly another stupid question........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!