just cracked the slide on my CW45 :(

PDA

ourichie
September 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
Was changing the rear sight and didnt quite have it secured in the sight tool properly. Thank God they are only $145 and assuming Kahr ships today, i'll have it tomo.

looks like I'm carrying my Thunder 380 + BB Hardcast today

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/ourichie1/null_zps8be555d0.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "just cracked the slide on my CW45 :(" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Owen
September 25, 2013, 12:39 PM
doh. been there done that.

BP Hunter
September 25, 2013, 12:47 PM
Dang! Hope you can fix it soon. Might have to put more rounds of your Thunder to put the zombie down compared to the CW45.

460Kodiak
September 25, 2013, 02:08 PM
Ouch.... That sucks man.

rcmodel
September 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
That's why I don't use *OSFN 'universal' sight pushers.
(* One Size Fits Nothing.)

That slide would have been properly supported in a smooth jaw vice.
And the sight could have been changed safely with a nylon or brass punch and a small hammer.

rc

ourichie
September 25, 2013, 08:33 PM
That's why I don't use *OSFN 'universal' sight pushers.
(* One Size Fits Nothing.)

That slide would have been properly supported in a smooth jaw vice.
And the sight could have been changed safely with a nylon or brass punch and a small hammer.

rc

That is what I am planning to do tomorrow when my replacement slide gets here

wally
September 26, 2013, 09:48 AM
Was changing the rear sight and didnt quite have it secured in the sight tool properly.

I've always used a brass drift and never broken anything, the "sight pusher" tools looked to be more trouble than they are worth. Although I did have to mill out the front sight of my XD45 to install a fiber optic insert front, and the rear on my SIG TacOps to install an RMR. I don't know how or why the factories make them so tight some times :(

hentown
September 26, 2013, 07:29 PM
I use Glock-specific sight pushers for installing Glock rear sights. Never had a problem; never broke anything.

Of course, if I did crack a Glock slide, I'd probably get a new slide from Glock free. ;)

wally
September 27, 2013, 12:20 AM
Aren't stock Glock sights plastic? Be pretty hard to break anything moving them around.

hentown
September 27, 2013, 07:25 AM
Aren't stock Glock sights plastic? Be pretty hard to break anything moving them around.

Ah, the blather of the ignorant proletariat! :evil: Think that one through again! ;)

hardluk1
September 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
A guy another forum just cracked the slide on his shield. To bad but stuff happens . Bet you get your running waaay faster than getting parts from s&w.

If you enjoyed reading about "just cracked the slide on my CW45 :(" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!