Glock 20. Where's my brass?

PDA

judgedelta
September 25, 2013, 09:30 PM
I'm new to a Gen 4 Glock 20, have shot about 200 rounds. It ejects the brass about 15 feet off the the left at about 4 O'clock. The barrel gets to cool while I'm looking for the brass. Is this normal, or do I need a stronger spring? I'm shooting pretty mild 165 gr. reloads and PP 180s were even worse (scattered brass everywhere instead of in close vicinity).

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 20. Where's my brass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ECVMatt
September 25, 2013, 09:34 PM
My brass goes flying as well. I have not tried a heavier spring though.

45_auto
September 25, 2013, 10:03 PM
It ejects the brass about 15 feet off the the left at about 4 O'clock....Is this normal?

No, it is not normal.

If your Glock is ejecting to the left, you are either firing it upside-down or firing it with the barrel pointed towards you. Since you haven't mentioned that you are either wounded or dead, you must be holding it upside-down.

Normal Glock ejection is to the right.

readyeddy
September 25, 2013, 10:17 PM
15 feet is too much. Get a heavier spring.

Dan-O
September 25, 2013, 10:23 PM
I got tired of chasing my brass too, so I got myself a 610 a few years ago.

Hardtarget
September 26, 2013, 12:03 AM
Last time I was at the range someone had hung a camo net(about 6'x8'). My brass hit it then landed right at the base of the net. I really liked not chasing brass all over. If it gone on my next trip I'll buy some to carry with me on later trips.

As for your gun sending brass to the left...I just don't know what to say....:confused:

Mark

GJSchulze
September 26, 2013, 02:20 AM
45_Auto, that was the best laugh I've had in a week. Thank you:p

Before I read yours I was thinking "hmm, 4 o'clock to the left, huh" I suspect he's one of those people whose liver is on the left and heart is on the right. My first wife always got that wrong. BTW, she is a doctor. Good thing she isn't a surgeon:rolleyes:

hentown
September 26, 2013, 07:45 AM
Does it really make sense that a G20 would use the same recoil spring as the softer-shooting G21? Of course not. Get at least a 20# spring; maybe 22#, if you're going to be shooting hot loads.

Wolff Springs' guidelines make sense to me. If your pistol is throwing brass more than about 8', then you need a stronger spring.

Also, you shouldn't be shooting your Glock upside-down. :evil:

judgedelta
September 26, 2013, 02:39 PM
I am left handed, so that means that my write is actually on the left and so forth. In addition, I learned directions from my wife. Those are the only excuses I can think up right now. Maybe more later..... Thanks for the info anyway.

redneck2
September 26, 2013, 06:52 PM
My G20 throws brass into the next zip code. I guess I don't shoot it enough to worry about a new spring.

hentown
September 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
I don't worry so much about losing brass as having the proper spring for preserving the integrity of the G20. :evil: Also, I find that slowing the slide speed makes shooting more enjoyable.

Bush Pilot
September 26, 2013, 08:11 PM
My 20s were doing the same thing, brass everywhere. I cured the problem by buying a Kimber, now the brass ends up in an 18" circle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 20. Where's my brass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!