Flat Pacmeyer grips?

PDA

ZVP
September 28, 2013, 06:25 AM
A set came on my Model 10 and I don't like thrm!
There is a large flat spot on the trigger finger area that leaves the underside of the knuckle ( and the finger itself) unsupported.
It relly feels weird!
I think I am going to look for a used set of Stock Competition grips as they don't seem tohave that void in such a necessry place. I think it would help tighten my groups up and aid in DA shooting!
I wonder whyPackmeyer cast such a weird grip? It would have been nothin to shape the mold correctly! Maybe it carrys better???
ZVP

If you enjoyed reading about "Flat Pacmeyer grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BCRider
September 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
It's like shoes. Some brands fit some folk better than others.

I'm the same as you. Pachmayr products don't fit my hands worth a darn. Too long front to back and too thin side to side.

If you feel the same thing try a set of Hogue grips. They are a little shorter front to rear and somewhat fatter and more oval. Fits my hands like tailor made gloves.

Jaymo
September 29, 2013, 06:21 PM
I assume you're talking about the Pachmayr Presentation grip. I don't care for them.
I strongly prefer the Pachmayr Gripper and Compac grips. The Presentations increase trigger reach too much for me.

ZVP
September 29, 2013, 10:55 PM
Yea they;re the Pacmeyer Presentations.
Too long tront to rear and I have large hands.
Thenks for the tips.
BPDave

Cocked & Locked
September 30, 2013, 09:31 AM
The older Pachmayr Presentation grips were made in three sizes...small,medium, large. I don't know about the newer ones.

The Compac ones feel good to me on J & K frame S&W's.

dfariswheel
October 1, 2013, 09:27 PM
You have three choices on rubber grips:
Pachmayr who offer the Presentation not many like, the Gripper with finger grooves, the Professional Gripper with an open back strap, the Decelerator Gripper, the Compac, and the Professional Compac.

Hogue offer the excellent Mono-Grip and the snap-on Bantam.

S&W offer several types of rubber grips in their online store.

If you enjoyed reading about "Flat Pacmeyer grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!