American History X question

PDA

trimation
February 4, 2003, 01:50 PM
I was watching American History X last night and I want to get whatever handgun it was that Edward Norton's character was firing. Man, that thing had like a 25 round clip that didn't even extend past the bottom of the gun.

:p

If you enjoyed reading about "American History X question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
February 4, 2003, 02:04 PM
according to the script its a SIG .45 pistol.

John G
February 4, 2003, 02:10 PM
I thought it looked like a Ruger.

Justin
February 4, 2003, 02:18 PM
As I recall, it looked like a Ruger P95.

Excellent movie, BTW.

SoDFW Jason
February 4, 2003, 02:30 PM
GREAT FLICK! I thought it was a Beretta 92 though.

Razor
February 4, 2003, 02:40 PM
It was definitely a Ruger, but I don't think it was a 95. GREAT MOVIE!!!

kalibear45
February 4, 2003, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the script says Sig. 45 but it looked more like a Beretta to me. Good movie though.

Justin
February 4, 2003, 04:04 PM
Are you sure you guys aren't thinking of the scene in the bathroom towards the end of the movie?
That was definately a Beretta.

trimation
February 4, 2003, 04:06 PM
yeah it looked like a Ruger. Where can I get one of those 25 round clips though?

trimation
February 4, 2003, 04:26 PM
In case you guys were wondering, I was just kidding about the question. I just couldn't believe how many rounds he shot through that thing in just one clip. Thought it was pretty humorous myself.

Trimation

dakotasin
February 4, 2003, 05:08 PM
for some handguns (9mm's), there are/were 30 and 40 round clips available...

SoDFW Jason
February 4, 2003, 05:10 PM
Justin: Are you POSITIVE it wasn't a Glock in the bathroom? It sure looked like it to me, I could be wrong though.

spacemanspiff
February 4, 2003, 05:14 PM
alright, dont make me watch this movie tonight just to get this question answered.

doesnt anyone here have this movie ripped to their hard drive?

Erik Jensen
February 4, 2003, 05:39 PM
I've got the DVD.. I had downloaded it, but I lost it last time I upgraded(new 80gig HDD, it was on the old 18.5gig that took a dive). I'll have to watch it to find out what it was. I thought it was a glock, but I didn't really pay much attention.

trimation
February 4, 2003, 05:48 PM
there are actually two bathroom scenes that have guns in them. The first is where the big fat guy goes to the bathroom and he pulls out a glock and lays it on the counter. The second is where the gang member kid pulls out a gun and shoots Edward Furlongs character and he is using a beretta.

the scene in which Edward Norton is firing a gun, he is using a Ruger.

Dakotaskin, I am aware that there were 30 and 40 round clips available. All of them extened past the bottom of the gun though.

nsf003
February 4, 2003, 05:54 PM
Not clip, magazine.:)

repeat after me. Magazine...:neener:

Yohan
February 4, 2003, 06:06 PM
Trimation, I'm sure there's people on here who haven't seen the movie and are planning on it. Kinda rude to just ruin the movie like that :banghead:

trimation
February 4, 2003, 06:20 PM
oops!!!!

Darn, wasn't thinking on that one. Sorry.

spacemanspiff
February 4, 2003, 06:41 PM
well considering the movie has been released for the last four years, how upset could a person get at reading a spoiler?

Jason Demond
February 4, 2003, 06:46 PM
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mac/ahx/image1.jpg

By posting this picture, I must say I do NOT condone Nazism in any form!

trimation
February 4, 2003, 07:03 PM
Man he sure did get yoked for that movie.

gryphon
February 4, 2003, 08:30 PM
I think he got yoked so bad because he played the part so well. I think that movie scared a lot of people because there really are people out there that are like that.

Kahr carrier
February 4, 2003, 10:46 PM
Ruger ,That movie was a trip.:)

Phyphor
February 5, 2003, 04:52 AM
****, that Swasi on that guy's chest makes a PERFECT target...

I wonder what kind of funny photoshop stuff we could do with that.... ? :evil:

trimation
February 5, 2003, 04:14 PM
When I said yoked, I was referring to how muscular he got for the part.

Big Al
February 5, 2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah, when I first saw that movie I was like "HOW did Ed Norton get jacked up so quick?"

spacemanspiff
February 5, 2003, 05:17 PM
some of the sentiments expressed in American History X are similar to what many here feel, without the hate mongering and aryan nation crap.:

"Alright listen up! We need to open our eyes. There is over two millions illegal immigrants bedding down in the state tonight. The state spent three billions dollars last year on services for those people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 millions dollars just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the INS decided it's not worth the effort to scream for convicted felons.

Who gives a crap? Our government doesn't gave a crap. Our border policy is a joke! So is anybody surprised that at the south of the border are laughing at us, laughing at our laws. Every night thousand of these parasites stream across the border like some pinatees bodies.

Don't laugh! They're nothing funny going on here this is about your life and mine. It's about decent hard-working Americans falling into the cracks and getting the shaft because their government cares more about the constitutional rights of a bunch of people who aren't even citizens in this country.

On the statue of liberty it says: "Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor." Well, it's Americans who are tired and hungry and poor. And I say, until you take care of that, close the book. 'Cause we're losing. We're losing our rights to pursue our destiny. We're losing our freedom. So that a bunch of foreigners can come in here and exploit our country. And this isn't something thats going on far away. This isn't something thats happening places we can't do anything about it. It's happening right here, right in our neighborhood, right in that building behind you.

Arthur Mill ran this store since we were kids here. Dave worked there, Mike worked there. He went under and now some Koreans who fired theses guys and he's making a killing 'cause he's hired forty border-jumpers. I see this crap going on and I don't see anyone doing anything about it. And it pisses me off. So look around you. This isn't our neighborhood, it's a battle field. We are on a battle field tonight. Make a decision. Are we gonna stand on the sidelines quietly standing there while our country gets raped? Are we gonna get up and do something about it? You're god damn right we are. "

i'm not sure if i am entirely convinced that the above speech from the movie is racist.

John G
February 5, 2003, 05:23 PM
Spiff, I think that's why the movie succeeds. It makes the viewer sympathize with Norton's character. He's not a mindless skinhead punk, but an intelligent, articulate, charismatic (albeit angry and misdirected), leader.

True, his actions are disgusting. His methods are horrible and frightening. But you can see how he went in that direction. I don't agree with the character, but I understand how he came to be.

chaim
February 5, 2003, 05:25 PM
Man he sure did get yoked for that movie. Yup, kinda funny- in high school he was a skinny kid too.

We went to the same high school and actually had some mutual friends (though I didn't know him at the time, actually still don't and I have no desire to). For some "interesting" Ed Norton trivia-

-he is the grandson of James Rouse (look up the name on the internet)
who (James Rouse)
-was the founder of the Rouse Company, one of the biggest real estate developers in the country (look up Rouse Company for some info)
and
-was the brains behind the biggest planned community in the country (maybe in the world)- Columbia, MD

If you enjoyed reading about "American History X question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!