Do you have a holster for all your handguns?

PDA

TennJed
October 3, 2013, 07:24 PM
Do you own a holster for all your guns? I have a few of my range only guns that I do not. I transport then in a case when I shoot them. Sometimes I catch myself shopping for holsters for them, but wonder why spend the money

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you have a holster for all your handguns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrDig
October 3, 2013, 07:58 PM
not exactly,
I have four different holsters that will work with most of my hand guns. Two for Revolvers and two for Pistols. One of the Revolver set ups will hold my 6 inch GP100 and my 44 Tracker of the same length. The other holds my Model 10 and my 4 inch Taurus 94 quite well. The Pistol Rigs will hold a Compact and a Full Size.
I don't have a Barbecue Rig so function is more important than appearance.

thronny
October 3, 2013, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that I do have at least one holster for all of my handguns.

nyc71
October 3, 2013, 09:27 PM
I do, I make my own.

ArchAngelCD
October 3, 2013, 09:37 PM
Not for all of them but a lot of them.

montanaoffroader
October 3, 2013, 10:04 PM
Some of my handguns have dedicated holsters, I have holsters that are "close enough" for a few handguns, and I have a couple of handguns that have no holsters.

Eventually I will pick up holsters for them, although I am not having much luck finding a decent fit for my Mk II 22/45 Target model.

md2lgyk
October 3, 2013, 10:16 PM
I have holsters only for my carry guns. The bullseye match guns travel in a gun box.

beatledog7
October 3, 2013, 10:42 PM
Yes, because they are all potentially carry guns or competition guns.

Edit: I forgot--I don't have a holster for my Buckmark Camper with scope.

spm
October 3, 2013, 10:45 PM
I have at least one holster for each gun I own.

ColtPythonElite
October 3, 2013, 10:50 PM
Got at least one that will work except for my 10" guns.

SuedePflow
October 3, 2013, 11:28 PM
I have multiple holsters for every handgun except for my Ruger 22/45. I have yet to need or desire a hoster for that one.

W.E.G.
October 3, 2013, 11:42 PM
If I need a holster for my .44 magnum, I'm sure I can think of something.

But I can think of 100 other things to think of before I would choose that gun for a "holster gun." That gun is "potentially a carry gun" in the same sort of way that my dirty socks in the hamper are potentially a coffee filter.

I'm just sayin'.

M2 Carbine
October 3, 2013, 11:44 PM
No, not even close.

I do have a holster for most of the guns I might carry.

bikerdoc
October 3, 2013, 11:58 PM
Yes, and some have more than one.

OptimusPrime
October 4, 2013, 12:07 AM
Some have a couple dedicated to them, some have a couple generic ones that fit kinda well, and a couple have none at all.
I even Mexican-carried in my waistband this evening on the way to the soccer field. I felt like Billy the Kid. :D

marv
October 4, 2013, 12:22 AM
Yes and no. I have numerous pocket holsters I bought and didn't like. Have a nice Bianchi that fits six of my .38's and a couple of beltslides that fit Anything.

9mmfan
October 4, 2013, 01:02 AM
I have at least one for all of them except my Ruger Mk III. One of these days I've got to get one for it.

Tony_the_tiger
October 4, 2013, 01:28 AM
Yes, but I use flambeau cases as well, and have a drawer full of holsters and stocks waiting for their moment...

Twiki357
October 4, 2013, 01:29 AM
Most of my guns have holsters and a few of them more than one. But some of the holsters serve more than one gun. A holster for a S&W K frame will service multiple models.

jeff-10
October 4, 2013, 02:03 AM
Unfortunately not. I do have them though for the guns I intend to carry in some fashion.

DC3-CVN-72
October 4, 2013, 02:45 AM
Nope. :)

Dr.Rob
October 4, 2013, 04:20 AM
Pretty sure I have one for each, sometimes a couple--though I did horse trade a bunch of 'extras' a while back.

bannockburn
October 4, 2013, 07:52 AM
I have holsters for my guns that are going to be carried, either as open or concealed carry. My dedicated target pistols get carried in their own range case.

pockets
October 4, 2013, 08:06 AM
I only make or buy holsters for the guns that I carry.
I do not have slings on all of my rifles either.

bigfatdave
October 4, 2013, 08:27 AM
Most of my guns have a holster. I could claim "all" if dumping a gun that doesn't really fit into an incorrect flap-top surplus holster counts, I guess.

Actual carry guns have good holsters, custom-fit to the gun. Range/surplus guns have holsters if they came with one or I come across one I like for a reasonable price. Some guns have holsters "just because" or because I wanted to give a new holster maker a try.

===

montanaoffroader & 9mmfan - for your Rugers:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Dog-Ruger-Series-Holster/dp/B005K7ZG0W/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1380885589&sr=1-1

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/429568/tactical-solutions-belt-holster-ambidextrous-ruger-mark-i-mark-ii-mark-iii-22-45-kydex-black

(links for illustration, I think mine was cheaper from Midway)
As far as an OC belt holster for a target pistol, the BDM shell is pretty nice. It'll take any barrel length and an optic.
I'm considering adding a cutout near the chamber to allow use with a chamber flag for competition. Haven't decided yet, and it won't matter until spring anyway at this point.

Sapper771
October 4, 2013, 09:00 AM
Yes.

Sergei Mosin
October 4, 2013, 01:49 PM
I probably have holsters for about half of my handguns. Some of those are military holsters that came with the guns but aren't likely ever to be carried again; at least one is a cheap plastic thing that the manufacturer stuck in the case. I need to get a few holsters for some guns that I'd like to carry, even if only on range days, but I've been awfully indecisive about what holsters to get.

swmp9jrm
October 4, 2013, 03:00 PM
I have a big, old box of holsters - I'm sure that in there somewhere there is something for nearly all of my handguns. The search for the 'perfect holster' seems never ending.

Vern Humphrey
October 4, 2013, 07:13 PM
I do, I make my own.
Same here. For the cost of one store-boughten holster, you can buy enough leather and materials to make 20.

tekarra
October 4, 2013, 07:21 PM
Just for my carry guns.

Dr.Rob
October 4, 2013, 07:23 PM
One of the neat things about the 1911 and BHP is they both can use the same holsters -- even the old GI leather flap holsters. I have multiple holsters for those two models, but my favorites for both as well.

Old Fuff
October 4, 2013, 07:28 PM

No, as some I have no intention of carrying. But the Old Fuff is so holster-happy that he has rigs for guns he has never owned. :confused: :D

j1
October 4, 2013, 08:17 PM
No I do not.

Sauer Grapes
October 4, 2013, 08:29 PM
No holsters for my 22 pistols. Everything else, yup.

b.thomas
October 4, 2013, 08:33 PM
Yup, one for each handgun! Do I use them...........nope, I have them for "just incase".:D

jmace57
October 4, 2013, 09:58 PM
For all of them except my Astra 400

Magnuumpwr
October 4, 2013, 11:58 PM
My handguns are not a waste of money, but buying a holster for each would be. Only a couple of have holsters, if they were purchased with one "yes" and if not "no".

Teachu2
October 5, 2013, 12:17 AM
Dedicated holsters for my CCW guns, past and present. A few "universal" belt holsters, and a junk drawer of ones people have given me because they hated to throw them away....

Armor Snail
October 5, 2013, 10:38 AM
For all except our target .22s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

browningguy
October 5, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm I the not even close camp. I have holsters for my carry and competition centerfires, but I have about 25 others. Some of them have a milsurp holster, but most do not.

tomrkba
October 5, 2013, 11:58 AM
I buy or make holsters for all my guns, even if I never intend to carry them.

460Kodiak
October 5, 2013, 11:05 PM
Not yet but I'm working on it.

CaptHank
October 5, 2013, 11:20 PM
Yes, I even have a the storage rack, labeled with the makes and models. The wife says, "too many holsters, since I use four for hunting and two for carry."

Hardtarget
October 6, 2013, 12:39 AM
Yes I do. Some have two...I make my holsters so some times I change my mind on how I want it to function or look.

Mark

mljdeckard
October 6, 2013, 12:51 AM
I tend to cheat by using universal military holsters. You will often see my railed SF-45A in my old tanker holster or M-12.

Some holsters are more universal than others. My Supertuck is for a 1911, but won't fit one with rails. But my Serpa 1911 holster will.

Kayaker 1960
October 6, 2013, 12:54 AM
I don't have any strictly range toys, all of them get carried from time to time so yes, I've got holsters for all of them.

hentown
October 6, 2013, 04:56 PM

NO, I find that my handguns require more than one holster. One won't fit them all. ;)

farm23
October 6, 2013, 08:42 PM
Yes, except for one and that one is coming.

herrwalther
October 7, 2013, 08:14 AM
Since I recently "trimmed" my handgun inventory. Yes. I do have a holster for all of my firearms.

GBExpat
October 7, 2013, 11:40 AM
Have I purchased or acquired at least one holster specifically for each of my handguns, no.

Do I have a holster to fit each of my handguns, yes.

mdauben
October 7, 2013, 12:39 PM
Most of them. I think the only one I currently don't have a holster for is my scoped Ruger Mk III which is strictly a range gun for bullseye target shooting that I never take in the field. I've got a least one holster for everything else.

Jim NE
October 7, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm kind of a slow learner at times, but I'm gradually realizing that a good quality holster is almost as important as a good quality gun. I finally bought a good quality model specific belt holster (concealed) because I got it used. It's for my Taurus PT 145, and it's about the best rig I've got. All others I've got are cheap universal holsters.

Truth is, I can't afford a good quality holster for each of my guns, so I'll have to settle for getting good quality model specific holsters for primary conceal guns only. Next one will probably be for my SR9c.

On the other hand, one of my most comfortable carry rigs is for light summer clothing - Model 37 Smith in an inexpensive blackhawk IWB behind stretch waist shorts with suspenders. :)

Phaedrus/69
October 8, 2013, 07:33 AM
I have holsters for ever center-fire sidearm I own save one, my HK USP45 Tactical. It's on the large size of what I consider CCW'able, and it's set up with a light as a home defense gun. Maybe down the road I'll get a holster but I'm in no hurry. First accessory for it will probably be a compensator. I don't really have any plans to carry it, although sometimes I do CCW it while camping. But when I do I carry it in a Hill People Gear Kit Bag (on my chest).

herkyguy
October 8, 2013, 06:44 PM
i just picked up a leather triple K holster from Ruger (stamped with the Ruger logo) for my single six. It's a great piece of leather and yes, it makes a huge difference in comfort for carry.

i also just ordered a Crossbreed IWB for my LCR. i've been using a cheap nylon one but finally got fed up enough to order a good holster. so yes, i have a holster for every pistol i routinely use.

Esoxchaser
October 8, 2013, 06:56 PM
Some have more than one holster, some have none. It averages out to .9 holsters per hand gun.

Capt. Ct.
October 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
Yes. I have some guns that I know I will never carry but I like to know I could if I wanted to. I have some cheap holsters for them.

all357mag
October 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
No. Not all of them are carry guns.

welldoya
October 8, 2013, 10:42 PM
No, only for the guns I carry either as a CCW or in the woods. Some of my guns I could not stand to put in a holster.

bigdogpete
October 8, 2013, 10:54 PM
Only about half of them.

mdauben
October 9, 2013, 01:46 PM
Truth is, I can't afford a good quality holster for each of my guns, so I'll have to settle for getting good quality model specific holsters for primary conceal guns only.
This is dependent on your exact definitions of "quality" and "expensive". While it’s true some of the "name" holster maker's offerings can cost well over $100 and involve weeks if not months on a waiting list, there are good serviceable leather and kydex holsters fit to specific guns, that can be had for $50 or less.

TennJed
October 9, 2013, 04:25 PM
This is dependent on your exact definitions of "quality" and "expensive". While it’s true some of the "name" holster maker's offerings can cost well over $100 and involve weeks if not months on a waiting list, there are good serviceable leather and kydex holsters fit to specific guns, that can be had for $50 or less.
if you spend $40 on each holster and you have 30 non carry guns, you are looking at $1,200.00. I would rather have $1,200 worth of new guns than holster I do not need or use

decoy562
October 9, 2013, 04:47 PM
Only for the ones I carry.

Old Dog
October 9, 2013, 04:50 PM
Yes. I do have holsters for every handgun I own. Even those I never carry. I don't own any firearms that don't have defensive or field applications.

In the admittedly unlikely event I have to arm my whole extended family and network of friends, I'm ready. (Okay, perhaps I shouldn't have gotten hooked on The Walking Dead.)

My spouse thinks I'm obsessive about having to have holsters for pieces I rarely even take out of the safe ... I can't be the only one with this compulsion?

WolverineFury
October 9, 2013, 09:12 PM
Yes, I have two that are purpose made to fit our G17's. And a couple generic ones that fit the revolver.

22-rimfire
October 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
No. Some are what I consider collector pieces and they don't get shot, carried or otherwise used. They will eventually be sold as I get older and have little need for them in terms of shooting.

But I will say that I could use a couple good holsters for guns that may be used in the woods, general carry, and so forth. I keep a number of Uncle Mikes holsters around that I can use in a pinch for a number of different handguns if I choose to. If you intend to ever carry a gun for any reason, you need a holster that will fit the gun.

Justin
October 12, 2013, 01:51 AM
Every pistol a holster, every rifle a sling.

At least that's the goal.

Shoot66
October 12, 2013, 01:17 PM
Not really. Not for my two target handguns (ISSF). Fro the rest, yes. At least one holster for a piece, even if I do not carry them. For several carry guns I have multiple style holsters.

Pyro
October 12, 2013, 01:47 PM
Yes I do.

303tom
October 12, 2013, 02:10 PM
NO !...................

Mike1234567
October 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
Yes, absolutely, certainly, most definitely and like-fer-sher-fer-sher... but I currently only have one handgun.:neener:

marv
October 14, 2013, 01:28 PM
I have enough holsters that I can carry any given gun at any given time, but not one for one. Holsters cost more today than handguns used to cost.

jrod
October 14, 2013, 07:54 PM
Just for the ones I carry Off-Duty.

Black Knight
October 14, 2013, 10:10 PM
I have at least one holster for each of my handguns. Some holsters will fit different guns of the same barrel length such as a 4" S&W 686 and a 4" Colt Python.

shotgunjoel
October 14, 2013, 11:51 PM
Yes, I could right now have each of my handguns in a holster specifically made for it, except my 22/45, which I have a generic Blackhawk pancake holster for. And along with Justin, I think that I have a sling for every rifle. Don't have one on my shotgun, but that's different.

Inebriated
October 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
I was going to say no, but come to think of it, I actually do...

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you have a holster for all your handguns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!