Win WXR

PDA

Lord Kimbote
October 3, 2013, 10:18 PM
I recently bought a few pounds of Win WXR for $10 a pound at a local gun store sale. However, my recent Hornady and Lyman manuals have listed few loads for this powder, and the Winchester website was also not very helpful. I read a post that suggested that load data for RL 22 will work for this, but I am not yet adventurous enough to trust that.

I plan to use this powder primarily for the 30-06, and was wondering:

1. Is there a manual out there (perhaps an older edition) that lists .30 cal loads with this powder?

2. Have any of y'all used this powder for 30-06, 8mm Mauser (which I hear may be tricky) or (longshot) 6.5 Swede Mauser?

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Win WXR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rg1
October 3, 2013, 10:57 PM
This site has a Winchester Reloading Guide that shows several loads using Winchester WXR powder:
http://www.chinapdf.com/PDF-samples/product-brochure/reloadersmanual.pdf

Lord Kimbote
October 3, 2013, 11:08 PM
Rg1,

Thanks much for the link. I found this booklet earlier, and while it does have good information, I was hoping to find a production manual with slightly more comprehensive loads.

rg1
October 4, 2013, 02:52 AM
The only cartridges that I see Hornady tested with Win WXR in the 2007 and 2010 7th and 8th Editions were 7MM Win Short Magnum, 300 Win Short Magnum, and 300 Win Magnum. They even dropped WXR from their latest 2012 9th Edition.

If you enjoyed reading about "Win WXR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!