Which Is It? Assault or Semi-Automatic?

PDA

Speedo66
October 4, 2013, 09:01 AM
I find this mystifying. The NY Times is usually ready to call anything with a barrel an "assault rifle". In the photo in this article, police are clearly carrying what most people would consider to be assault weapons, they are in fact in assault posture. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/gunfire-reported-outside-the-capitol.html?hp

This time for some unknown reason, the Times says the police are carrying "semi-automatic rifles". I can't for the life of me figure out their logic.

Police then shot and killed a woman who apparently injured officers while driving erratically and violently around DC with a child in her car after an attempt to enter the White House grounds. The woman had stepped out of her car, allegedly unarmed, and was shot several times.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Is It? Assault or Semi-Automatic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chriscw81
October 4, 2013, 09:13 AM
i don't waste my time reading anything with "New York" or "NY" in it.

Pilot
October 4, 2013, 09:30 AM
Ditto. Waste of time reading total leftist propaganda. They will always demonize guns.

Warp
October 4, 2013, 09:33 AM
Logic can be difficult, if not impossible, to find in the bias liberal media.

But I don't see how this is a legal issue.

Speedo66
October 4, 2013, 10:41 AM
Well, as long as you keep an open mind........... :rolleyes:

Warp
October 4, 2013, 11:55 AM
Well, as long as you keep an open mind........... :rolleyes:

Open to what, exactly?

I'm with him...so feel free to share the insights that we are missing.

Art Eatman
October 4, 2013, 12:36 PM
There is no law which demands rational thought in the media.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Is It? Assault or Semi-Automatic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!