Get a Glock! Ok, got one.

PDA

Galactic Marine
October 8, 2013, 11:29 AM
I finally got a Gen 4 Glock 22 a couple of weeks ago. It's my first Glock. I put 200 rounds through it the first weekend. It shoots nice and had zero problems. I mounted a Surefire weapon light for about the last fifty rounds. That dampened some of the recoil and lit up the target something fierce!:what: I just got the Meprolight night sights on yesterday. I have those on all my defensive pistols.

I'm very happy with the way this gun shoots and feels in my hand. I put on the medium beaver tail grip. It has a good natural point of aim when I raise the gun up and it just feels good in my hand for such a big blocky grip.

The Glock is going to replace my Kahr K40 as my coffee table/bedside gun. I wanted something big and full of bullets for around the house. I may carry it occasionally, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Get a Glock! Ok, got one." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Butte
October 8, 2013, 01:37 PM
Congratulations on getting the most durable and most reliable handgun in the world!

That should start a comment storm. :)

gym
October 8, 2013, 01:49 PM
They just work

el Godfather
October 8, 2013, 05:00 PM
OMG now I have to worry about buying a pistol for my coffee table as well. Darn...come to think of it I need one for my cutting board in kitchen as well.

Just kidding.

Enjoy shooting. Congrats.

JustinJ
October 8, 2013, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the club. I have the exact same gun and am very pleased. I was so pleased that i got a Gen IV 19 for the wife.

BYJO4
October 8, 2013, 07:30 PM
Congrats and it will make you a good pistol for years to come.

JRWhit
October 8, 2013, 07:34 PM
A Glock huh? I had one of those once. Used it to level our kitchen table.:neener:

Congrats on the new setup. Happy shooting.

Upstater
October 8, 2013, 08:32 PM
Something for your consideration, after putting the night sights on my Glock 19 I installed a Lasermax guide rod laser, it won't intere with your weapon light and could very prove to be a worthwhile addition for a bedside/coffee table gun.ymmv

onthehunt
October 8, 2013, 08:46 PM
Congratulations, I put off buying a Glock for over 20 years.. I now have a 26 and 19.. Once I held one in my hand and fired one I was hooked.. If you're like me it won't be your last..

bikemutt
October 8, 2013, 08:49 PM
I hate Glocks, except for my 21SF and the 17 I'm picking up later this week :)

JDR
October 8, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have a Gen4 G22, an HK USP 40, and a Sig P226 .40, and they are all good, but the G22 gets the most range time, it just works for me

Snowdog
October 8, 2013, 10:31 PM
I no longer own any Glocks but don't hold anything against them. If they fit your hand, then go for it. They don't fit mine.

I have yet to try the 4th generation, so perhaps now they do. However, I have filled all my needs with the M&P and XDm.

The Glocks I had were both accurate and reliable. If the ergos where there, I'd still have them.

ifit
October 8, 2013, 10:53 PM
congrats on your first glock, i remember when i had 3 of them....not even a year went by then sold them all and never looked back. hey as long as your happy with it, is all that matters.

RBid
October 9, 2013, 03:05 AM
I'm not an "all guns should be Glocks" guy, but I am a big fan. I'm an especially big fan of Gen 4. The next one I get will probably be a 22 Gen 4, though I already have a 23 Gen 4. Great firearm!

stressed
October 9, 2013, 03:08 AM
I run the meprolight orange/green combo on my G29. Best IMO.

el Godfather
October 9, 2013, 03:23 AM
Like the subject line says who is 'The Glock Man' of THR? There is only one criteria- MOST number of Glocks CURRENTLY owned.

Show picks to back up claim, please.

I wonder if there is anyone on THR who has each and every model of Glock ever produced.

Perhaps I should start a new thread on this.

Thanks.

Girodin
October 9, 2013, 02:46 PM
In US it would be pretty hard to have every model ever made. The difficult ones would be the various .380s and the glock 18.

amprecon
October 9, 2013, 03:13 PM
Of all the handguns I've ever tried, I shoot Glocks the best, the G21 better than the rest. I can't shoot a 1911 pattern pistol to save my life. I do alright with SAA revolvers too. I shoot the G19 better than the G17 and G23, go figure. The trick is to try a bunch of them and stick with what's easiest to shoot well with.

decoy562
October 9, 2013, 03:49 PM
I love my gen 3 Glock 23. I have 9mm and 357 sig barrels for it too.

Black Butte
October 9, 2013, 05:09 PM
I decree the Glock 23 to be the most versatile Glock.

It's a compromise between concealment size and full size;
It's a compromise between the 9mm and the .45ACP; and
It shoots multiple rounds (e.g., 40S&W and .357 Sig).

el Godfather
October 9, 2013, 05:42 PM

Seems like lots of compromises.

orionengnr
October 9, 2013, 06:19 PM
I had a G23 for over ten years. Finally traded it for a G19.

Sold that one within two years. It's been probably 4-5 years. I think I am cured.

But I still eye the G20SF from time to time...

RBid
October 9, 2013, 07:37 PM
Seems like lots of compromises.

It's a perspective trick. The .40 could also be described as a "best of both worlds". Full 9mm velocity? 15+1 capacity in a service pistol? Expansion to mid .6XX size , consistently? Strong barrier penetration? Sign me up! It's all in the spin.

Quentin
October 10, 2013, 02:56 AM

It shoots multiple rounds (e.g., 40S&W and .357 Sig and 9mm).
Its barrel or conversion barrel works in a G27.

decoy562
October 10, 2013, 08:18 AM

I enjoy my Storm Lake 9mm and 357 sig barrels in my G23.

JoeMal
October 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
I started as a Glock guy but have been moving towards 1911....which stinks because they're more expense and I feel like I 'need' more because they all don't look the same!

Buzznrose
October 10, 2013, 08:49 AM
I'm a Glock fan as well. I've got several 9MM's, but my favorite is my G23 Gen 4, but I agree the ergos could be better. My daughter has small hands and had a hard time running our G19 so I bought her a XDm 3.8C. She loves it!

I really like this video where Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers, and Dave Harrington discuss their Glocks, and their favorite modifications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ViI2UWFKg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Galactic Marine
October 10, 2013, 10:23 AM
Black Butte, I considered the Glock 23. It's a nice size but last winter el presidente convinced me I wanted the full size. I don't regret it the least.

Maybe I should get the G23, too. Hmm. Actually, I'm not buying any more guns. I am replacing a different gun with the G22.

MagicD
October 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
After years of six guns and 1911's went over to the "dark side" and got me a Tupperware gun. NIB Gen 3 26...terrific !

jjones45
October 10, 2013, 01:19 PM
glock, just another great gun. enjoy.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

If you enjoyed reading about "Get a Glock! Ok, got one." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!