THR and mobile access

PDA

Derek Zeanah
October 11, 2013, 04:02 PM
If you have a preference on how to access THR from mobile devices please let me know. More and more of our traffic is coming from handheld devices, and it's about time to determine the best way to handle them.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR and mobile access" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
October 11, 2013, 04:11 PM
I just use Safari on my phone. Never tried the others.

Derek Zeanah
October 11, 2013, 04:17 PM
Reminder to Derek: you voted "none of the above" so you could easily see the poll results...

:o

Devonai
October 11, 2013, 10:26 PM
The poll is closed already?

I prefer the full web site even when using my Android tablet.

Derek Zeanah
October 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
This poll will close on October 25, 2013 at 03:03 PMIt should be open.

Devonai
October 11, 2013, 10:47 PM
Weird. It says "You may not vote on this poll" at the bottom.

bainter1212
October 11, 2013, 10:57 PM
Tapatalk. Am having trouble with access lately.

chanroc
October 11, 2013, 11:03 PM
Tapatalk for me, 99% of the time (both phone and tablet).

Oh and I am not able to vote on the poll, via the web. That's message I'm getting as well.

dragon813gt
October 11, 2013, 11:11 PM
TapaTalk, but I'm on an old build. I haven't switched to TapaTalk 2 because of all the stability issues I had w/ the original. I don't visit any forums that aren't TapaTalk native.

Telekinesis
October 12, 2013, 12:30 AM
I'm with Sam, I use Safari on my phone as well.

I also can't vote in the poll. I just see it as closed with 2 votes for NOTA.

docnyt
October 12, 2013, 01:26 AM
I was able to vote Tapatalk but ironically I had to open Safari to do it, since you cannot see polls on Tapatalk.

Osageid
October 12, 2013, 02:06 AM
Tapatalk for me as well

Justin
October 13, 2013, 12:22 PM
I've used Tapatalk for awhile now, and it works decently for most things, but has some irritating bugs that crop up.

I think a custom THR skin for mobile devices is an extremely good idea. Another gun forum that I use has one of these, and I started using it when the last version of Tapatalk started acting up, and have been pretty pleased with the mobile layout.

Rollis R. Karvellis
October 13, 2013, 12:56 PM
I, just us Google Chrome, I, don't even know what most of these other app's are. Yes I'm a neanderthal.

GarySTL
October 13, 2013, 12:58 PM
I use Tapa Talk latest version on my phone and Firefox on my PC. But as mentioned, you can't see polls.

wow6599
October 13, 2013, 05:14 PM
I use Firefox/Google on my HTC One and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.....no "apps" needed.

I like THR to look the same on my phone and tablet as it does on my PC, and it does without any additional apps on my devices, i.e. TapaTalk.

Robert
October 13, 2013, 05:52 PM
I have had zero issues using the stock browser on my HTC phone. I have more issues with mobile sites than I do with the regular versions.

KSCCHTrainer
October 13, 2013, 06:21 PM
I have had zero issues using the stock browser on my HTC phone. I have more issues with mobile sites than I do with the regular versions.
I have more trouble using the mobile apps on my iPad than I ever have using the stock Safari browser.

9mmfan
October 14, 2013, 12:20 PM
Another Safari user here. Tried Tapatalk, didn't really like it. Much like wow6599, I like that it is the same on my phone and computer, even though 99% of my internetin' these days is done from my phone.

I REALLY don't like mobile sites, I generally prefer the full version. Unless it's heavily Flash dependent. Stupid iPhone.

Rollis R. Karvellis
October 15, 2013, 10:34 AM
I, just did a little check up at the house.
All of my/our devices are running Chrome.
3, Android based phone's.
The house computer, XP Pro.
The laptop is running Window's 7.

I, to prefer to run on a full sight, even if it might be a little slow to load. And just to be honest most mobile sight's I, go to suck, are slow, and don't work well. I, have no problem waiting an extra 12.2319 second's for the real thing to load.

Outlaw Man
October 24, 2013, 06:46 PM
I use Google Chrome and also generally favor more "mobile-friendly" (no flash or other gizmos) full sites to mobile sites. I also despise sites that switch me back and forth or constantly redirect me to the mobile homepage.

The only "issue" I've had here is that the posts (seemingly) randomly change font size from post to post. I have to do a lot of zooming in and out, but it's not a big deal. Maybe I should try a different browser...

David G.
November 2, 2013, 02:15 AM
Apple iOS 7 Safari, with the full web site showing. I dislike getting popups from all sorts of websites asking if I want to use tapatalk or use the mobile version of websites. Invariably the answer is NO! :)

Ridgerunner665
November 2, 2013, 02:43 AM
It wont let me vote...but I'm perfectly satisfied with Tapatalk.

TennJed
November 2, 2013, 03:04 AM
TapaTalk, but I'm on an old build. I haven't switched to TapaTalk 2 because of all the stability issues I had w/ the original. I don't visit any forums that aren't TapaTalk native.

Same with me, the only forum I post on now that is not on tapatalk is a local gun forum.

I do wish tapatalk would allow you to vote/view polls, but other than that it is great

HexHead
November 2, 2013, 11:18 AM
I concur. Asking to redirect to a mobile site or to download an app is really annoying.

Derek Zeanah
November 2, 2013, 11:40 AM
I concur. Asking to redirect to a mobile site or to download an app is really annoying.
I think we fixed that here. Let me know if it's happening again.

chriscw81
November 2, 2013, 03:01 PM
Tapatalk!!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "THR and mobile access" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!