Simple Poll

PDA

giggitygiggity
October 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
I see polls all the time that have about twenty guns listed and you have to pick your favorite and there are no clear winners. For this poll, simply pick which maker's handguns you like best. I don't care if the reason is price, looks, function, accuracy. Just whatever you like best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Simple Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
savanahsdad
October 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
Sig , because ,,,,, oh wait you don't care.... yep Sig ;)

Pyro
October 12, 2013, 01:52 PM
I dunno.

My Hi-Point works pretty ok.

strambo
October 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
Subjectively I picked Sig because that what I have, like, and carry. Tempted to pick Glock even though I don't own, nor am I enamored with them. They are an excellent, reliable gun at a good price point.

khegglie
October 12, 2013, 04:35 PM
Come on out and vote Glockies! :D

thefamcnaj
October 12, 2013, 04:42 PM
I picked SIG sauer. I've recently been bit by the sig bug.
I love my glocks, all of them but sig just feels like quality when you shoot it. It was a close call for me though, because I cut my teeth on the subcompact Glocks.

TennJed
October 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Ruger

HKGuns
October 12, 2013, 05:09 PM
This is scientific.

el Godfather
October 12, 2013, 06:00 PM
First choice would be H&K. Sig is close second. Someday I am totally for sig. Just not today. They both have some excellent line up. H&K's P7 and Sig's 210 are legendary.

I would like to know why chose just these three?

jjones45
October 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
I voted hk but really like all three.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

osteodoc08
October 12, 2013, 06:16 PM
Sig. They offer the most complete line of firearms from pocket pistols to full size service autos to 1911s to 22 pistols to AR pistols, long range rifles,
AR15/10 variants etc. H&K has some really cool stuff
but no where
As complete IMHO as Sig. Glock, well, kind of a one trick pony when
Compared.

HOOfan_1
October 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
The one with which I can crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of their women.

My enemies are mostly paper targets.

tommy.duncan
October 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
I own and like all three. I usually carry a P226. I voted for H&K. They make awesome firearms!!

huntershooter
October 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
You left out "none of the above"....................

ColtPythonElite
October 12, 2013, 06:43 PM
Exactly

fastbolt
October 12, 2013, 07:16 PM
Okay, just to clarify, which is it?

Which Handguns are best?

Or ...

simply pick which maker's handguns you like best

Also, as has been mentioned, where's the None of the Above option, or are you wanting to force a selection from just those specific makers?

Although I've been trained as an LE armorer for 2 of those 3, I'm not sure I could choose simply based upon "like". They're just modern, good quality handguns, after all.

Aiko492
October 12, 2013, 07:18 PM
Have owned multiple of all three, HK is just special

beatledog7
October 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
The target can't tell the difference.

October 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
Although I like Glocks every bit as much as I like HKs, I chose HK because I have found their quality to edge out Glock's (more recently).

cfullgraf
October 12, 2013, 10:26 PM

Another vote for this!

B!ngo
October 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Ditto.
As I mentioned in a different post, I would never buy another 'conventional' H&K (a la USP) because a think that DA/SA is a dated design, but their quality seems like the top of the heap of those on the list.
That said, if I was buying another semi and didn't want to carry my too-heavy, too-hot and now too valuable P7M13, I'd go for a S&W C.O.R.E. in 9mm or .45 with the red dot (and preferably a safety if offered). But alas, not legal in CA.
B

Girodin
October 13, 2013, 02:24 AM
I agree that recently HK quality edges out glocks. Sig quality also seems to have declined a lot. I would never try to say which one is best without first defining criteria. However, as to the question of which I like best. Well I have all three so I asked my self which would be the last to go. I'd still have at least one glock long after the guns from HK and Sig were gone.

Ditto.
As I mentioned in a different post, I would never buy another 'conventional' H&K (a la USP) because a think that DA/SA is a dated design, but their quality seems like the top of the heap of those on the list.

How about the LEM guns?

I'd go for a S&W C.O.R.E. in 9mm or .45 with the red dot (and preferably a safety if offered). But alas, not legal in CA.

Can I ask why a striker gun with a (superfluous) safety would be notably better than any of the HKs (particularly the post USP) with a V9 (safety with no decocker, basically SAO, although the DA would still work) trigger system?

bannockburn
October 13, 2013, 01:14 PM
I voted SIG because ergonomically they work the best for me.

The_Armed_Therapist
October 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
My affinity for striker-fired pistols and preference for no slide safeties/decockers leads to me voting for Glock. However, for ergonomics, quality, beauty, etc... I have to go with Sig. But if I had to choose one to carry, it would be Glock.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never pick a pretty to gun to save your life; coming from my personal point of view, pick an ugly gun to protect you.

JHansenAK47
October 13, 2013, 03:49 PM
I voted HK because they are well made and are consistently good out of the box.
Sig quality also seems to have declined a lot.
They keep revising their manufacturing process and product as a result. Their new long extractor is a prime example. It doesn't function any better. It is merely the result of cost saving measures to get from A to Z with a more cost efficient to make part. They then roll it out and work out the problems as they go because it is more profitable to fix it as they go than spend money in R&D that isn't offsetting it's cost with product sales.

hso
October 13, 2013, 04:00 PM
Of the 3 I'd choose Sig...

because they offer a 1911!:evil:

Girodin
October 13, 2013, 05:24 PM
I voted HK because they are well made and are consistently good out of the box.

I generally agree. However, I am one of the people that the HK 45 pinches the crap out of my trigger finger. It can be fixed, but on a $1K gun I really shouldn't have to. I also just don't get why HK can't put better DA/SA triggers on their guns. The newer ones (P2000, HK45, et al) seem to be better than the horrid trigger on the USP but it still leaves a lot to be desired. The HK45 is a very impressive gun, there are just of few things that make me think I shouldn't have to deal with on a gun in that price range.

In general I agree than right now if one wanted to maximize their odds of getting a problem free gun from one of those makers the HK would be the best bet. Of course if we do it per dollar you could buy two glocks or just one and buy the parts for the BTF fixes for much less. I'd love to see a striker fired HK (or I guess I could just learn to use the LEM light trigger).

needmorecowbell
October 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
That's easy. CZ everyday all day! Oh, of the 3, Sig.

Sam1911
October 13, 2013, 05:49 PM
Guess I'd have to pick Glock. Sig & HK don't make a handgun I care for (yeah, even that 1911) or ever want to shoot again.

swiftak
October 13, 2013, 05:56 PM
I like em all.

CurlyQ
October 13, 2013, 10:24 PM
Not gonna bite on this one. For one thing, define what "best" means. Secondly, everyone has their favorite gun, and usually for different reasons. What is best for one person may be horrible for another. For instance, I think Glocks are one of the best made pistols available at any price. But I can't shoot them worth squat. They don't fit my hand. And that includes the latest models with the switchable back straps. They just don't work for me. In the end, what the "best" gun is whatever works for you.

jjones45
October 15, 2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
I'd love to see a striker fired HK (or I guess I could just learn to use the LEM light trigger).
there is a striker fired hk. its called the Walther ppq, jk. but I do imagine it would be similar to that if hk actually ever made one. or how about a striker fired sig?

madFive
October 15, 2013, 02:45 PM
Sig all the way.

I own all 3, and I'll take a good all-metal P22X over the best of the plastic stuff any day. Also, as mentioned before, Sig has a full lineup of any kind of gun you might want, where-as Glock and HK are much more limited in their areas of concentration.

Beretta would have also been a good one to include - they also have products that compete closely with Sig, HK, and more.

Girodin
October 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
The walthers are solid and arguable one of the better striker fired poly guns. Very underrated IMHO. Ironically what I find to be some of the very best ones are not particularly prolific.

tarosean
October 15, 2013, 06:17 PM
there is a striker fired hk. its called the Walther ppq, jk. but I do imagine it would be similar to that if hk actually ever made one.

H&K did make them P7's...

jjones45
October 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:

there is a striker fired hk. its called the Walther ppq, jk. but I do imagine it would be similar to that if hk actually ever made one.

H&K did make them P7's...

yep I alway forget about that awesome gun. was that first polymer gun they made striker as well?

tarosean
October 15, 2013, 10:55 PM
^ yes the vp70 was striker fired as well.. Though never as popular as the P7 series..

Arkansas Paul
October 15, 2013, 11:04 PM
Sig Sauer. When it counts.

GRIZ22
October 16, 2013, 04:23 AM
I voted Glock. SIGs and H&Ks are good guns but terribly overpriced IMO.

el Godfather
October 16, 2013, 08:05 AM
I reject to accept the results of this poll.

Girodin
October 17, 2013, 01:10 PM
The p7 is a neat gun and for years the only hk i cared to own. I should have been more articulate and said I wish HK would make a modern polymer gun with a paddle mag release that was striker fired. Basically an HK 45, p30, etc that was striker fired. Or like I said I could just learn the LEM.

Robbins290
October 17, 2013, 09:55 PM
Sig. All round better

Cocked & Locked
October 18, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'll stick with SIG. This thread also needs at least one picture. Might as well be a SIG. :D

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2169/3082611/6263277/407810010.jpg

morcey2
October 18, 2013, 12:45 AM
Hi-Point! Best handguns ever!

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face, but I tried.

GunslingerOne
October 18, 2013, 08:40 AM
Owned a Glock 27 and it was way too heavy and wide....Not a viable CC weapon, in my estimation. Sold it and bought a S&W 9MM Shield. Man, what a great piece, the perfect CC gun. I would have voted S&W but not a choice offered. My son owns Sigs and they are a very nice weapon without a doubt....

Fishbed77
October 18, 2013, 10:21 AM
Best at what?

Best choice for Navy SEAL wannabe: SIG (also bonus pints for best-looking)
Best at getting internet commandos fired up: HK
Best choice for a mallcop: Glock

Best shooting and best reliability: They are all about the same.

The Bushmaster
October 18, 2013, 10:53 AM
Kimber...I don't see Kimber on the list. American made too, but not on the list.

WELL!!

kyew
October 18, 2013, 06:31 PM
I voted Sig because they seem to be higher quality. They also seem to be better designed (internally). I've only worked on one H&K, but I don't recall anything impressive about the design. That leaves Glock and Sig, and Sig wins hands down.

Edit: Also, I'll always choose anything "1911" over anything not "1911".

bikerdoc
October 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'm a C Z guy.

powder
October 18, 2013, 06:47 PM
I voted Glock as it is one of my daily carries. Other is the PPQ.

I love my SIGs, but they are much heavier for EDCC.

CraigC
November 6, 2013, 02:27 PM
...there are no clear winners.
That should tell you something.

2zulu1
November 6, 2013, 03:15 PM
I didn't vote, although I had a catastrophic failure with a new SIG P220 last year, I realize all three companies manufacture quality sidearms. Also, I don't have enough experience with H&K sidearms to make a conclusive choice. :)

leadchucker
November 6, 2013, 04:20 PM
Biased poll.

Quentin
November 6, 2013, 07:18 PM
I vote "other", no wait you won't let me.

I like the more complex polls! :neener:

fastbolt
November 6, 2013, 07:47 PM
No "None of the Above" option? Can't vote, then ...

F-111 John
November 6, 2013, 09:32 PM
Had to go Glock since there was no Smith & Wesson.

TexasPatriot.308
November 6, 2013, 10:40 PM
those seem to be your choices....ask for opinions from experienced shooters....those 3 might not even make our final cut.

zignal_zero
November 7, 2013, 09:24 AM
From those limited choices, Sig (which seems to be being said a lot)

Magnuumpwr
November 8, 2013, 12:16 AM
This is my vote.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/magnuumpwr/IMG_20131107_215907.jpg
Took a picture of my Glocks playing ring around the 17.

M1key
November 8, 2013, 10:20 PM
of the three, I "like" Glock the best: price point, reliability, durability, model and caliber selection, customer service

YMMV

M

Got_Lead?
November 9, 2013, 03:48 AM
I voted SIG because I just love my 220, and it has a vary nice feel to shoot. But I also know a Glock is a much better design for durability, and they shoot nice too.

PabloJ
November 9, 2013, 07:44 AM
Oh yes, they are twice as good as the Glock. The price alone dictates this.

If you enjoyed reading about "Simple Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!