Speer Ammo

PDA

eyelid
October 12, 2013, 12:29 PM
I have read some info. on speer ammo manf. date`s on here but, it has been 5 yrs sense last discussion that i can find .
If anyone can answer this question on some Speer LE Gold Dot 38spl. +p 135gr
GDHP with lot # M04T21 , I am trying to find the yr. it was manf. i do have mo. & the day fiquired out but, not the yr.
The yr. date for the letter T is what i`m trying to find .

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armsmaster270
October 13, 2013, 03:42 AM
I don't know the date but it really does not matter I have old pistol and rifle ammo as well as old paper 12 ga ammo it all goes boom when I shoot it.

blarby
October 13, 2013, 10:53 AM
Call speer.

Done :D

Henryfan1
October 13, 2013, 11:23 AM
Just bookmarking to see the answer.

xHawk
November 26, 2013, 12:20 AM
I ran across this once and unfortunately did not record the source but I did save it. What I've got says the letters A through W, with the letters I and O omitted, map to years 1995 through 2015. "T" corresponds to 2012.

The first letter is the month of manufacture; A through N, with I omitted, map to January through December.

I have no idea whether any of this is correct. Sure would be nice if the manufacturers put this stuff on their web sites, wouldn't it?

rcmodel
November 26, 2013, 12:28 AM
Whom cares.

The .38 135 grain SB Gold Dot load hasn't been out long enough to matter how old it is.
It isn't very old.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article.php?id=15018&cat=27&sub=29

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!