Handgun light review. FireField

PDA

BigShep85
October 12, 2013, 07:13 PM
Have a 1911 I bought a full size tactical for, the light a Firefield tactical light. Review is short and simple.
Lighting is excellent very BRIGHT and as good as any on the market
price is good at $32 from amazon, $38 from Dunhams.
Light is BIG and probably not for anything except a full size weapon
Rail clamp design is good like many other designs, clamps down on the rail but will probably work loose after some time so lock tight is probably in order.
AND THE one and ONLY major flaw and it is a big one
The button SUCKS!!! it is on the side and very easily pushed from side to side. I put It in the car and got home and it had been on the entire time and was VERY HOT:fire:
If this is going to be a home protection gun where it can be mounted on the rail and laid on the correct side where the button wont be touched, it will be an excellent light but if you want to use it for ANYTHING (Holster, car, woods, etc.) else, pass on it.
I may take mine back haven't decided as it shouldn't leave the house but that removes the option to do so.

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun light review. FireField" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigShep85
October 12, 2013, 08:09 PM
Laying on this side the light remains on because the buttom remains pressed. It is too week to support any weight so any touch can turn the light on

BigShep85
October 12, 2013, 08:12 PM
Light is great and shines forever

BigShep85
October 12, 2013, 08:14 PM
Not a bad looking light though

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun light review. FireField" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!