single ation shooting

PDA

dan18910
October 14, 2013, 09:40 PM
best double for cowboy action shooting

If you enjoyed reading about "single ation shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
October 14, 2013, 09:54 PM
Question or statement??

And single ation???
Has what to do with what?

rc

ljnowell
October 14, 2013, 10:12 PM
I'm so confused. Hold me.

Mat, not doormat
October 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
If you're asking: "What is the best double barreled shotgun for competing in Cowboy Action Shooting(TM) events, held under the auspices of the Single Action Shooting Society(TM)?"

Then I'd say either the Browning BSS, or SKB. Both may come with ejectors which would need to be disabled to be legal. The SKB, from the factory, was an inertial reset trigger, which was prone to malfunction with light loads or if the butt wasn't securely mounted. However, various gunsmiths have developed mechanical rest triggers for it, which make it much more reliable.

Beyond that, to choose between them, it's a case of whether you prefer a heavy gun or a light one. The SKB is light, like a traditional field gun. The BSS is more like a main battle tank.

I use a BSS, myself. In four years, it's let me down exactly once, when the top lever spring went flat. Before that, I used a Stoeger coach gun, and managed to break very nearly every part in it at one time or another.

For a hammered SxS, the best bet is one of the TTN (now Cimarron) clones of the Colt 1878.

If you enjoyed reading about "single ation shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!