An interesting read...

PDA

OldBrownDog
October 15, 2013, 09:29 PM
Saw this over on The Truth About Guns. It's a write-up by Bat Masterson advertising the Savage automatic pistol that came out in 1907. Pretty neat read, and he talks a little about the Old West (but I think that's mostly myth/half truth).

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/brooks_allen_tenderfoot_w.pdf

If you enjoyed reading about "An interesting read..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skoro
October 16, 2013, 09:58 AM
Very good read. Thanks for the link.

Lonestar49
October 16, 2013, 11:37 AM

Add me to the "thank you list for sharing" as that was a great, historical, read..

Ls

Arkansas Paul
October 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
Very cool read.
While there are some embellishments due to it being an advertisement, I'm sure there are a lot of truths in it as well with regards to the old west shooters and how they weren't as good as legend has it.

I also think its awesome that he mentioned that handloading is more accurate than buying factory ammo. That's cool.

351 WINCHESTER
October 16, 2013, 10:05 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing 351.

Coyote3855
October 17, 2013, 01:22 PM
Very good, thanks for making this available. The drawings are worth the price of admission. I have one of these little pistols; the later 1917 model with a spurred hammer.

If you enjoyed reading about "An interesting read..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!