Question About Wolff Magazine Springs

PDA

Trunk Monkey
October 16, 2013, 06:01 PM
I just went and looked on the Wolff Spring page for some magazine springs for my S&W 4006, I noticed that the springs were advertised as +5% and + 10%.

Can someone please tell me what that means?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Wolff Magazine Springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmepiphany
October 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
It refers the the increase in spring tension, expressed as a percentage, that the spring offers over the stock magazine spring

rcmodel
October 16, 2013, 08:59 PM
And you would be best served with the +5%.

The +10% may cause feed problems in some guns.

rc

Trunk Monkey
October 17, 2013, 09:52 AM
It refers the the increase in spring tension, expressed as a percentage, that the spring offers over the stock magazine spring

So what you're saying is that the Wolff spring will be 5 or 10 % stronger than a factory magazine spring?

And you would be best served with the +5%.

It appears that the 4006 11 round magazine spring fits the 6906 12 round magazine as well, which works for me since I have one of those as well. So, I probably would be better off with the 5% spring for both.

Thanks to both of you for your response

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Wolff Magazine Springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!