Any use for Skorpion Vz61?

PDA

el Godfather
October 18, 2013, 04:04 PM
Dear THR:
Its rather old. How many still find use for VZ61 9x18 in routine except range toy?

http://www.csa.co.cz/en/15-produkty/26-sa-vz-61.html

SEMI AUTOMATIC.

20 shot 9x18.

Out of this platform: Range, reliability, accuracy, potency etc.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Any use for Skorpion Vz61?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone Star
October 18, 2013, 04:32 PM
It'd meet the original need quite well, but few in the USA ever see one, and the full auto feature makes it a Class 3 weapon.

Sam1911
October 18, 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't think the 61s were in 9mm Makarov. I think that's the VZ65. (61s are .32 ACP.)

Either way, they're very uncommon here in the US, and very few of even the more common machine pistols and submachine guns that citizens do actually own are ever considered anything but a "range toy" as you put it.

A rare, very expensive, legally complicated, not very ergonomic (hard to use accurately, quickly) full-auto doesn't really fill a need most civilians regularly have.

Carl N. Brown
October 18, 2013, 05:16 PM
To my way of thinking, whether a full-auto or a semi-auto replica Skorpion, my interest would in the curio or collectible value of the gun in the history of gun design and development. I have a few guns for which I have no "use" and own and shoot them as curios or keepsakes (except if they are approved by the range master at the club for the modern or vintage military matches, then I might shoot them participating in the matches).

PabloJ
October 18, 2013, 07:29 PM
Unless it's full auto capable NO.

IBEWBULL
October 18, 2013, 07:39 PM
As useful as a M 11 or M 10 which means I have no use for it.
I suppose as a room sweeper in trained hands it may have had its purpose.
Could it have been just a psychotically weapon to intimidate the targets.
I don't know.

el Godfather
October 19, 2013, 01:48 AM
This one for SD?

http://www.csa.co.cz/en/15-produkty/26-sa-vz-61.html

barnbwt
October 19, 2013, 02:21 AM
If you can get those El Godfather, might as well step up to the new Scorpion Evo. They're equally unobtainable as a f/a sbr here in the states ;)

TCB

el Godfather
October 19, 2013, 08:25 AM
Semi auto version.

Sam1911
October 19, 2013, 08:25 AM
If it is really THE gun that you make the most accurate hits with, fastest, then yes use it for self defense.

When you consider the bad sights, poor stock, and high rate of fire most shooters will probably find that they are more capably defended with a good handgun than with a machine pistol or subgun. Just because it is an auto doesn't mean you can make as effective use of the rounds in it as you could with a gun designed to work better with the human body.

Edit: oh. Semi auto? No, not a good choice at all. Pick a normal size handgun in a more powerful cartridge and practice, practice, practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any use for Skorpion Vz61?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!