Hellpup or Draco

PDA

chaddy
October 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
I want a ak pistol. Is the polish hellpup better than the Draco. Is the better options than these two brands.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hellpup or Draco" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deaf Smith
October 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
Don't know but I can say the Polish Hellpup sure does look cool.

Just add a sling a the back and a holo-sight.

The Draco does have a better rear sight though.

Deaf

stressed
October 19, 2013, 02:15 AM
Hellpup looks more like the original AK47SU. Isn't the Draco CAI?

Does anyone make a 5.45mm 74 pistol variant?

Kiln
October 19, 2013, 07:25 AM
Not sure about the Hellpup specifically but I own one of the newer IO rifles that are made in the USA and they are excellent. Renowned AK reliability with no pesky compliance issues.

I busted one of their polymer mags trying to load it with 31 shots (lost count and explained that I wanted to buy another mag from them since it was my fault) and they sent me a used but very functional surplus magazine to replace it with an apology. Going by my one experience with them (the rifle functions perfectly) I've got to say that they're an excellent company that builds good guns.

Girodin
October 19, 2013, 11:05 AM
The Draco is imported by CAI but because its a pistol and not subject to some of the silly laws rifles are it comes in built by the Romanians and CAI has not monkeyed with it. They are great guns. Now they are shockingly expensive because the importation seems to have stopped. When you could get one for $349 and another $250 would SBR it they were on of the better AK values IMHO. At any rate they are well made and reliable guns.

chaddy
October 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
How much money would I be looking at spending on

If you enjoyed reading about "Hellpup or Draco" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!