Ever have your Wife steal your gun?

PDA

Vodoun da Vinci
October 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
We had a couple test fire sessions with the new Baby Glock....I brought home a Glock 26 and set it on the table. I was just coming home from work and while I was changing clothes and getting cleaned up I hear cooing and snapping/clicking. From the other room I hear my Wife racking the slide, checking out the controls, etc.

I smile quietly to myself...good she's getting familiar with something very different and unique to our house. Our first polymer pistol.

By the time I get into the room she has field stripped and cleaned /lubed it (by the enclosed manual) and installed the beaver tail backstrap (one of 4 straps supplied!!) of *her* preference and is practicing with the unloaded pistol picking up sight picture and presenting the gun. We have been to the range twice now - she loves it. And last night it ends up on *her* nightstand! :eek: :banghead: Say's it the most comfortable pistol she has ever handled or shot right out of the box.

She stole my Glock....:cuss: :D

Anybody else have this happen?

VooDoo

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever have your Wife steal your gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jimbo555
October 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
Me too! And my kids also! Wife claimed my s&w m-37,son took my colt police positive special, daughter took my s&w model 60. Lucky I get visitation rights and see the kids guns now and then.:)

bikerdoc
October 20, 2013, 11:12 AM
Get used to it, and be grateful.She is a keeper.

tekarra
October 20, 2013, 11:17 AM
Yup, she has taken a couple of .22 rifles and 20 ga. Remington 870. However, she lets me shoot them if I ask nicely.

herrwalther
October 20, 2013, 12:07 PM
My wife tried to steal my 1911 from me but that didn't get very far. Just means I have to get another one now, for her because well she said so.

AirForceShooter
October 20, 2013, 12:49 PM
Wife stole my .327, .380 and a .32 auto.
Daughter stole my 1911.

AFS

khegglie
October 20, 2013, 01:51 PM
2 Rugers......... a P90 And a 3 inch barrel GP100.

critter
October 20, 2013, 01:52 PM
I got to own a Ruger LCR in .38 for about 30 minutes once. As soon as she saw it, she picked it up-done deal right there. Oh, well. Good carry piece for her AND she can shoot the heck out of it.

Vodoun da Vinci
October 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
Dang...and here I thought I'd probably be the only one. :D

VooDoo

DammitBoy
October 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
I've lost two sp101's to my daughter and my wife...

MICHAEL T
October 20, 2013, 03:23 PM
P-32 KelTec CW-9 Kahr and a little NAA 22/22 mag

Scrumbag
October 20, 2013, 03:34 PM
Stole your Glock? At least you can get another! My good lady keeps trying to steal my Colt Woodsman... (1st world problems...)

Tony_the_tiger
October 20, 2013, 03:35 PM
My wife has permanently borrowed a S&W 296 for carry...

PRM
October 20, 2013, 04:00 PM
Yea, it has happened twice. First, was my S&W Model 60-9. Got it tricked out like I wanted it and she said "I really like that." Translation: I get a new gun. :-) Second was a few weeks ago, I brought home an NAA Black Widow. Walked in the house, she smiles and says "I really like that." Translation: I get a new gun. :-) Now, we each have one. Having a wife who likes guns is great. Having one with the same taste in guns is priceless.

Wil Terry
October 20, 2013, 04:00 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! She can go buy her own, and has. A K22 6", a M631 4", a USFA 5 1/2" 44SPL, and a Winchester 9422. The easter bunny did bring her a HI-GRADE BR. Bl-22 one year. Her P22 was a T-total POS that she shot to pieces with 5M rounds or so. Her new Walther PP22 had 10M rounds put through it before I could hardly say ' holy smokes.'

il.bill
October 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
Stole? She is my wife - my guns ARE hers.

Dnaltrop
October 20, 2013, 07:41 PM
Springfield Range Officer, although admittedly what's mine is hers.

She suggested that It had been too long since my last firearm purchase, mentioned I was talking about getting my first 1911, and went shopping with me.

She then appropriated it as Her go-to choice, hasn't touched her Sigma since.

Shipwreck
October 20, 2013, 08:28 PM
My wife HATE guns. So, this would never be an issue for me. :neener:

jolly roger
October 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
The little sweet heathen stole a S&W 65 3 inch and a 638 snub...a revolver girl. "I don't like those guns with all the switches and buttons on them" :)

md2lgyk
October 20, 2013, 08:57 PM
Just happened, and the thing's still in the box. We'd been discussing a new HD shotgun, so I came home with an 870. Next day she's telling folks that I bought HER a new shotgun.

redbone
October 20, 2013, 09:30 PM
G27.

KenW.
October 20, 2013, 09:49 PM
I've told my wife that when she gets her permit in the mail I'll give her my SW model 36. She likes it because its shiny; nickel plated ya know.:cool: So, she didn't really steal it. I'm giving it to her.

that still leaves me more than I carry at one time anyway.

allaroundhunter
October 20, 2013, 10:03 PM
We'll, she isn't my wife (yet), but, my girlfriend has already claimed my Glock 19 as hers.... And with how well she shoots it you won't find me objecting to that :o

RetiredUSNChief
October 20, 2013, 10:22 PM
HAHAHAHA!

Yes, as a matter of fact!

Eariler this year I had an opportunity to pick up a NIB Savage Mark II-F .22LR bolt action from a friend of my Division Head. All black synthetic stock. The guy had bought is a few months earlier, never shot it, and decided he didn't want it, so he sold it to me for a price I couldn't turn down.

I took it home thinking to add it to my collection of .22 rifles so my wife and I would have enough to get all three of our kids shooting at the same time, with nobody being bored out of their skull waiting their turn or getting over anxious to be "first".

Told my wife about it when I got home and she came out to the car to look at it when I opened the trunk. First words out of her mouth were "COOL! Is that for me?"

For those of you who aren't married, the correct answer to that question is "Yes, it is!"

;)

tomrkba
October 20, 2013, 10:47 PM
Now you have an excuse to buy another one!

Geno
October 20, 2013, 10:53 PM
Not yet, but my wife has started to actively express interest not only in handguns, but in getting her MCPL so she can do a across-nation bike tour. She also runs marathons, and runs isolated trails. Good thing I keep my handguns locked in my vault, and only I have the combination. I don't know if I should envy you, or pity you. Either way, there is only one solution: you need a replacement. We collectively at THR, authorize you to buy your replacement. We'll all stick-up for you while you're here, but when you get back home, you're on your own. (She'll probably take that one too). :D

You lucky dog!

Geno

tarosean
October 21, 2013, 01:32 AM
My first X Wife and Lawyers stole half of them.... But I dont think thats what you meant.

Rasp
October 21, 2013, 03:32 AM
I bought a nice numbers matching Bulgarian AK74 two years ago. My wife absolutely loves shooting it. She laid claim to it soon after the first range trip.

RetiredUSNChief
October 21, 2013, 04:14 AM
My first X Wife and Lawyers stole half of them.... But I dont think thats what you meant.

One of my brothers lost a pistol through divorce, which I had bought for him. It was in the house when he left and he wasn't allowed back in to get his things. He was really upset about it because it had been a gift from me.

I told him not to worry about it, just get through the divorce and concentrate on cutting all ties with her (they had no children together); then make sure it's documented that she has the pistol and not him, go down to the local PD and make sure they understood she was the sole owner and get his name off the registration.

Then I bought him another one to replace it, only the short barreled Colt 1991A1 instead of the full sized one. (His request.)

Life is too short to let stupid stuff like that worry you or come between family.

As someone at work once said: "Ain't nuthin' but a thing."

tarosean
October 21, 2013, 04:21 AM
^^^^Oh I dont worry about it... It was almost 20yrs ago. Everything I wanted to replace has been replaced.

Live and learn...

MrWesson
October 21, 2013, 11:16 AM
My woman likes having guns around, goes shooting occasionally, is a good shot but wont be stealing or buying her own gun any time soon(its been 12 years).

iblong
October 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
G17,cw9,pm9,Cz p-o1

aarondhgraham
October 21, 2013, 12:59 PM
Yeppers, wife stole my SP-101,,,
It was the old style 4" .22 LR version,,,
That gun is now pricey and scarce as hens teeth.

We divorced back in 1996,,,
I sure do miss that handgun! :(

Aarond

aarondhgraham
October 21, 2013, 01:04 PM
A few years back we stopped at The Evil Pawn Shop,,,
We needed ammo to go to the range.

On a spur of the moment buy,,,
My friend took a new CZ 2075 RAMI out the door.

After the range trip we went to his house to watch a game,,,
He cleaned the RAMI and left it sitting on their kitchen counter.

His wife came home, saw the RAMI, and picked it up to handle it a bit,,,
"Cute pistol" she said as she took a Ruger from her purse,,,
"Look, it even fits my purse holster."

I don't think he ever saw the RAMI again.

Aarond

Stacer
October 21, 2013, 04:17 PM
Lost a glock 19 to my girlfriend this weekend. The ex girlfriend tried to claim my S&W K22, but that wasn't gonna happen.

maddy345
October 21, 2013, 04:30 PM
She stole a Springfield Armory XD9SC and a Diamondback DB9

Mango88
October 21, 2013, 05:19 PM
Not my wife, but my daughter has claimed my Walther PPS 9mm. Says its her favorite handgun.

dprice3844444
October 21, 2013, 05:39 PM
i don't have that problem,got rid of the wife,kept the guns

DNS
October 21, 2013, 05:43 PM
Daughter stole my 22 magnum Taurus pump rifle back when it was still taller than she was.

She had to un-shoulder it back then to work the pump and all the while grinning from ear to ear.:D

Outlaw Man
October 21, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yes. But what better excuse can you find for buying another gun? :)

Coyote3855
October 21, 2013, 07:33 PM
Kahr P9. Russian Makarov. Glock 26. KelTec P11. It probably ain't over yet.

Grmlin
October 21, 2013, 07:53 PM
She's been trying to get my Taurus .357 for almost 20 years. I've even bought her a .32 H&R Magnum and S&W Ladysmith .38 Special +p but when that .357 comes out she has her eye on it.

Vodoun da Vinci
October 21, 2013, 09:08 PM
Actually I'm joshing a bit...I'm really thrilled she has taken to it because I purchased it with her in mind. Well...with *us* in mind. This was my very first new firearm in probably 30 years...we did buy a Colt Model M from the 'Net and have been shooting that.

But this is out first delving into modern pistols and has broken the ice.....we are shooting again, setting up for our CCW classes, reloading, and just plain enjoying modern guns and have now gotten over the "plastic" pistol syndrome.

I'm cool with polymer guns now....we are *very* cool with polymer pistols.

Looks like a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact will be coming home after a few weeks to get some money appropriated which is another thing that's good. We both agree that this is a good and needed thing so neither one of us needs to beg the other for a new toy. We share. :)

Except she's been on vacation the last 5 days and the Glock has never left her pocket or been very far away. She's really even more comfortable with it than I am now.

VooDoo

Lucky Derby
October 22, 2013, 04:24 AM
She took my S&W M15.

TRX
October 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
My wife latched on to my Soviet DPM rifle. The DPM is a 19 pound Soviet monster with a "record player" 46-round magazine on top, bipod, and cone-shaped muzzle brake; it's virtually a stereotype of "functional Soviet engineering."

She said it was "cute". <sigh> And then she intercepted my new 880-round spam can of 54R.

skoro
October 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
I wish I could get her to show enough interest to do that.

She shoots my S&W Model 10 very well, but won't go to the range with me more than once every other year or so. And once we're there, it's "How much longer do we have to stay here?" :rolleyes:

stevek
October 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
Stole is a strong word...When I bought my Kimber Pro Raptor II, (already had the full size and Ultra versions) my wife picked it up, and after handling it said, "OK, this one's mine!" As far as I'm concerned it's just another confirmation that I married the right one! :D BTW, I think our new Glock 26 is about to suffer the same fate...

iblong
October 22, 2013, 02:30 PM
Yep its a good problem to have,Lost my PM9 before I ever shot it.
The wife was setting on the front porch when I got home and said whats in the box so I handed it to her.She pulled it out racked the slide checked it over and said thank you you should buy yourself one and gave me that smile of hers.Lost that one before I got in the house.I think I'll keep her.

exiledtoIA
October 22, 2013, 02:34 PM
BHP
M1 Carbine
Colt 6920
Colt Detective Special
Remington 1100 in 12 ga. and it's little brother in 20
Ruger 10-22
S&W 22A1

Catpop
October 22, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yeap! Took my lcp and then had the audacity to make me install a laser on it! Whats a guy to do -- but love her even more! Happily married to the same woman for 43 years!:)

Mr Woody
October 22, 2013, 05:41 PM
First time was a Shiloh Sharps rifle I had on order for 2 years. She called them up and changed the stock to fit her. Told me about the change after the call. A year later she had her new rifle!

Second was a 6.8 rem AR build I put together for a hunting rifle. She had hurt her shoulder before hunting season and tried the new AR because I said it should be easy on the shoulder. It was, and she kept it.

There just isn't a problem with her adopting any gun she wants. I like to go shooting with her.

PaulKersey3
October 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
My sister took my .32 Beretta Tomcat for her purse gun and she loves it. I willingly gave it up as my hands were way too big for it. Some time later I replaced it with a 1935 Beretta, 7.65 which I love and carry regularly.

hso
October 22, 2013, 08:09 PM
Anybody else have this happen?

If we were an all CZ family that might happen, but since she shoots CZs and I shoot 1911 types we don't have that issue.

Double_J
October 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
My father got back into guns last year, and my mom went through a basic firearms safety course a couple of months ago. Now she is wanting to get a carry gun of her own. This is from the woman who as terrified of ALL guns when I was growing up. She can't wait to go shooting my High Power, I just hope that she does not try to claim it as her own as I love shooting that gun.

I am single so I don't have to worry about a wife stealing my guns, and I don't know how my girlfriend feels about them. We have not had "that" discussion yet, but I think that she would see the light if I took her out shooting one time.

627PCFan
October 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
I've got it worse than all of you. My wife lated claim to my Caspian 1911 commander build and its not finished yet.

DammitBoy
October 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
Has anybody here ever had the reverse happen and lived to tell the tale of how they stole their wife's gun?

RetiredUSNChief
October 23, 2013, 01:04 AM
Has anybody here ever had the reverse happen and lived to tell the tale of how they stole their wife's gun?

Heh! Not quite.

Read post #24 to get the background on how my wife ended up with the Savage Mark II-F .22LR I got earlier this year.

And now for the rest of the story...

So, my wife and I are at the range and I'm showing her the ropes on her new .22LR bolt action. And she asks me why I bought so many magazines (5 additional, adding up to 50 rounds of ammunition).

I told her that when I go target shooting, I don't like to have to spend a lot of time reloading magazines every time a gun runs out of ammunition. It makes shooting less fun and distracts attention away from target shooting. Shoot a bunch THEN stop and reload everything. And having enough magazines to load up 50 rounds at once is a convenient, 50 round box of ammunition.

She thought that was a great idea...then asked my why I bothered with buying the two smaller, 5 round magazine instead of just another 10 round one.

I said: "That's for when I borrow your rifle to go squirrel hunting. I don't need a longer, 10 round magazine poking me in the back when I'm shouldering your rifle by the strap.

I got the patented "Look" that all married guys are familiar with when I said that.

I haven't actually borrowed it yet...the "Look" is a fairly powerful force of nature to go against...

:neener:

herrwalther
October 23, 2013, 01:51 AM

Yes. I stole my wife's NAA .22MAG to use as a backup/running gun. I *let* her use it when she doesn't feel like carrying her heavier Bersa :D

Vodoun da Vinci
October 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
Actually, since my Wife is now cooing and all sanctimonious about having purloined my (our) new Glock 26, I have been cleaning and getting more familiar with her Colt Officers ACP. Bought a couple boxes of .45 ACP and I'm setting up to reload them as well.

I'll have that Colt in my pocket for the next range visit. You wait and see.... :neener:

VooDoo

viking72
October 23, 2013, 08:40 AM
She latched on to a 1st gen Colt SAA, then traded me for a nickel S&W M-36 she found on the kitchen table.
Saved by a shinny finish and pink bullets!

Later,
Doug

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever have your Wife steal your gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!