Got my Ruger annual report in the mail...

PDA

Frohickey
March 25, 2004, 08:06 PM
Okay, I am invested in RGR stock, which is Ruger for you non-Wall Street saavy types, and I got my proxy voting card and annual report in the mail.

In that they talk about having hired 4 new engineers and that the new Ruger 10/22 with the longer barrel is one of the things made possible by these 4 new engineers.

Anyone know who these guys are, and how to get a hold of them? We need to tell them to put a heavier barrel on the Mini-14, and put out 10 round magazines for them. Heck, when the AWB sunsets in September, they should come out with factory 20 rounders and 30 rounders!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my Ruger annual report in the mail..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone_Gunman
March 25, 2004, 08:22 PM
You must be smoking crack if you think Ruger is going to release 20 and 30 round magazines to common civilians.

I'd dump that stock, by the way. Its going no where.

Werewolf
March 25, 2004, 08:41 PM
If you're talking price concerning RGR stock you're right. It's pretty stable though I've made money doing swing trades with it on occasion.

The big deal with Ruger is that they pay a really, really high dividend (relatively speaking). The last time I checked (and it's been awhile) the date of ownership is usually 3 years prior to the date they pay the dividend. A strange way to do things but from what I can gather having researched both the company and the stock Ruger stock owners are a pretty loyal group.

There are other pretty good reasons that owning Ruger stock would be a good deal for the really long term investor or the retired but they're beyond the scope of this forum.

4v50 Gary
March 25, 2004, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't dump a stock if it pays dividends and the dividends paid are higher than what the bank gives you for your savings.

Funny, those among us w/out engineering degrees could have put a longer bbl on the 10/22. It's a blowback design so what's the big deal?

Now, if they made the Mini14 more accurate by either putting a heavier barrel on it or shortening it to 16 1/4" to make it stiffer, I'd be somewhat impressed.

Wedge
March 25, 2004, 09:45 PM
Just remember...engineers don't make the management decisions. An engineer will have a perfectly good idea, and the management types will find a way to screw it up...

I'm sure some engineer made a Mini-14 that will shoot through the same hole all day long and some management type said something about making shooting too easy so no-one would want it...

c_yeager
March 26, 2004, 08:35 AM
We need to tell them to put a heavier barrel on the Mini-14, and put out 10 round magazines for them. Heck, when the AWB sunsets in September, they should come out with factory 20 rounders and 30 rounders!!!

Like noone ever said this to them before. Even before the ban Ruger Factory 20's and 30's were hard to come by.

Of all guns in the Ruger stable that would benefit from a longer barrel i dont think the .22lr 10/22 is one of them. Havent they been baking a long barreled variation for walmart for a really long time anyways?

clubsoda22
March 26, 2004, 08:54 AM
Once they're finished pissing themselves over the fact that the Kel Tec SU16 costs less than a mini14, and will shoot 2moa all day, take AR-15 mags and comes with a whole lot of neat features, maybe they'll decide to improve realizing that they're not the only game in town for budget .223 semi auto's.

zahc
March 26, 2004, 10:43 AM
Any barrel over 16" on a 10/22 is a waste anyway, says my chrono.

sturmruger
March 26, 2004, 11:39 AM
I have some extra money in one of my IRAs maybe I should roll it into RGR. I wouldn't mind getting back a few dividends.

Justin
March 26, 2004, 06:07 PM
Stick it in a mutual fund, you'll be better off in the long run.

Soap
March 26, 2004, 06:16 PM
Or hire a professional ;)

sturmruger
March 26, 2004, 06:38 PM
It is only a couple of hundred dollars. In the big picture it isn't much of my retirement savings.

I would mostly be doing it because of how much I like the Ruger Company. I am also thinking about trying to obtain a single stock certificate. I would frame it and keep it on my wall. That way everytime I bring home a new Ruger I will know that just a little bit of my money is making its way back into my pocket! It would also give me chance to vote on some company decisions, and if I do have complaints they tend to listen to you more if you are a Stock holder.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my Ruger annual report in the mail..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!