New version of Tapatalk installed

PDA

Derek Zeanah
October 24, 2013, 12:52 PM
A new version was just released. Let's see if it fixed the problems we've been seeing.

If you run into issues, please list them here.

If you enjoyed reading about "New version of Tapatalk installed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fire_Moose
November 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
I'm having issues.

Got a new phone, HTC one sv, can't tell which android version it's running.

I installed tapatalk and when I got to open THR it just gives me a blank page. If I press the icon in the top left, I get a loading screen that just keeps spinning.

I tried reinstalling and clearing cache to no avail.

Fire_Moose
November 10, 2013, 02:20 PM
Never mind. I deleted the forum, and restarted tapa, and it opened up and let me log in.

Collector0311
December 8, 2013, 11:11 AM
I'm currently using tapatalk to access thr, but the app says the forum no longer accepts the posting of pictures from this app.
Any ideas?

Derek Zeanah
December 8, 2013, 11:26 AM
Collector,

I have no idea, but try it again. Tapatalk has apparently issued their fifth software update in the last 2 months and I just now installed it, so if they changed the functionality and the new software was required to use it, then that was the problem.

If not, I don't know. I don't use Tapatalk; I just try to make it available for users.

[edited to add...]Actually, Tapatalk has their own file hosting which they installed as a feature a couple of updates ago, which put the files on Tapatalk's server rather than here on THR. I've turned that feature off - I'd prefer that files be uploaded here directly. Are you not getting that option?

(I'd hate to be reliant on Tapatalk for image hosting...)

Collector0311
December 8, 2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you for the prompt response. No, I'm not getting an option to post to THR directly. "Your forum has disabled image sharing on this app" is the message I'm getting.
Is there another forum app that hosts thr, or do you think I am just going to have to use the browser to post pictures?

Derek Zeanah
December 9, 2013, 04:05 AM
Is there a "..." option when trying to upload that you can choose instead?

Bibbyman
December 30, 2013, 09:54 AM
So... there is no "mobile" version of THR other than go through Tapatalk or some other app that may not work any better?

Am I right that the free version only allows viewing? You have to pay to get a version that allows you to post and other features?

Does Tapatalk become a plague and bombard you with emails, popups, etc?

Derek Zeanah
December 30, 2013, 06:45 PM
So... there is no "mobile" version of THR other than go through Tapatalk or some other app that may not work any better?
Tapatalk is it right now. There's the possibility of a mobile skin as well, but no movement there.

Am I right that the free version only allows viewing? You have to pay to get a version that allows you to post and other features?
My understanding is that Tapatalk is now currently free for users of the app, for posting as well.

Does Tapatalk become a plague and bombard you with emails, popups, etc?
I have no idea.

Justin
January 7, 2014, 10:44 AM
I haven't been able to access THR via Tapatalk for awhile now. it does still work for a state-level forum and m4carbine.net.

At this point I'm ready to give up on Tapatalk. I'd happily surf THR visa a mobile skin.

If you enjoyed reading about "New version of Tapatalk installed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!