Looking for Win. Mod. 70 Super Shadow Stock

PDA

kennymauser
October 30, 2013, 12:21 AM
I am having a real hard time finding a short action, blind box stock for a Mod. 70 Super Shadow in 300 WSM . The rifle has had the original stock with the blind mag (Rem ADL type) stock disappear!!! The owner found a replacement stock but it has the opening for the hinged trigger guard etc. which also seems nearly unavailable . The rifle has never been fired and the replacement stock has never been on a rifle.
I am hoping to find one of the original stocks, but will listen to any ideas you guys might have. If anybody wants to up-grade their Super Shadow Short action (WSM calibers) to an hinged floor plate version I have a trade for you!!

This not my rifle or I would have already gotten rid of the original stock and replaced it with a nice wood stock!!
I would appreciate any suggestions,
Thanks,
Ken

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Win. Mod. 70 Super Shadow Stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbj
October 30, 2013, 02:05 AM
Numrich is where I'd start. Or CDNN.

A quick google brought up a thread on the guns mods at 24hourcampfire. Looked like it had some good resources

kennymauser
October 30, 2013, 10:05 AM
jbj, Thanks for the reply. I checked Numrich and all they have is the same hinged floor-plate stock that I have now. I think I checked CDNN, but will make sure. That is where the guy got the replacement stock that I have now! When he ordered it, he had no idea there were two different styles.
Thanks for the 24 hr campfire tip. I think that most of the stuff I find on some of the forums pertains to converting the blind box stock to a hinged f.p. model!
I have been checking for the most affordable way to just use a hinged trigger guard etc., but the right ones are hard to find and the others cost more than the rifle is worth!!

I am not going to give up yet on finding the stock I need, at least for awhile!!

Thanks,
Ken

dprice3844444
October 30, 2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=winchester+70+stock
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=winchester+model+70+stock
http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0oG7o8SInFSq24AngYPxQt.?p=win.+mod.+winchester+model+70+super+shadow+stock&fr2=sb-top&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=att_lego_portal_home

keep checking here

jmr40
October 30, 2013, 11:35 AM
They are $49.99 from www.cdnnsports.com. I have one on my older SS Classic 300 WSM. They ship with an adaptor to use with 2 piece bottom metal if needed.

Sorry I missed the part about a blind mag. Unless you convert to floorplate this won't work.

To be honest there are VERY few options for blind magazine stocks for Winchesters. Used is a possibility, or I believe Boyds makes a laminated blind mag stock. Other than that McMillan is the only other option I know of

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Win. Mod. 70 Super Shadow Stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!