Mustafa, you idiot......BOOM!

PDA

MrMurphy
March 26, 2004, 09:13 AM
Well, one more moron has something to explain to Allah. Just reported on Fox News, somewhere on the West Bank a car bomber was driving along heading to whatever target he had picked when his car prematurely went BOOM.

Rather like keeping your finger out of the trigger guard unless you have a target, you'd think a suicide carbomber would keep the fuse and detonator seperate until he was QUITE sure he was at the right target!

Darwinian selection among terrorists. Only slightly smarter than trying to shoot up a checkpoint with an AK.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mustafa, you idiot......BOOM!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clubsoda22
March 26, 2004, 09:26 AM
you ever hear the one about the suicide bomber who couldn't get his bomb vest to go off on the bus? He got off at the next stop. The bus drove away and 5 seconds later he blew up standing on the sidewalk. No injuries to anyone but himself.

AJ Dual
March 26, 2004, 09:36 AM
I think I heard it on the radio on Paul Harvey.

The bombers support crew set the timer on their bomb, and apparently forgot about daylight savings time....

Standing Wolf
March 26, 2004, 01:15 PM
I've heard the on the job training for Islamic terrorist savages can be murder.

Destructo6
March 26, 2004, 02:13 PM
Either that or he was doing a practice run.

Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad.

Master Blaster
March 26, 2004, 02:47 PM
Hey laugh all you want, but right now Mustafas, enjoying his 72 beautiful young virgins while you are stuck reading this dreck.:D :barf:

para.2
March 26, 2004, 03:08 PM
I have it on good authority that immediately upon his passage through the pearly gates, Mustafa was met by George Washington, who picked him up by the collar, shook him and threw him to the ground. While he was trying to get up, Thomas Jefferson came and gave him a swift kick in the butt, followed by Richard Henry Lee and several others. When he finally got to his feet, he called out to Allah, asking what was going on, and when he would get his virgins. Allah said, "Virgins, I know nothing of virgins, I promised 72 Virginians! ":D

Red_SC
March 26, 2004, 03:15 PM
I read in a book once about some terrorists forgetting about the differences in time zones. One group built the bomb and set the timer, and another group from just over into the next time zone picked it up. It went off on the way to the target.:evil:

R.H. Lee
March 26, 2004, 03:17 PM
It is my understanding that upon detonation, the body is blown to smithereens, leaving the head intact, lying on the ground.

No wonder soccer is becoming increasingly popular.

Third_Rail
March 26, 2004, 03:26 PM
Actually, more likely than not the explosive peroxides used (in the case of 90% of vests, acetone peroxide) prematurely detonated, a common problem when using large crystal primary explosives. A detonator isn't needed in the case of primary explosives, a simple flame from blackmatch (cotton string with blackpowder dusted on it in many layers) will suffice...

But then again, the main drawback for primary explosives it that they're incredibly unstable. We're talking 4-5 KILOS of acetone peroxide, when a detonator using AP would be only .5 grams (and could still take a hand off)

Something to ponder. Sure it's easier to set off, but they drew the line too far down.

Diggler
March 26, 2004, 05:05 PM
Y'know, if the girls were at all that good looking, they probably wouldn't still be virgins... :evil:

I wonder how much an Israeli bus driver makes per month?

PATH
March 26, 2004, 05:37 PM
You can't make stuff like this up! Thank goodness the nit wit blew himself up and not a crowd of innocents.

echo3mike
March 26, 2004, 09:27 PM
right now Mustafas, enjoying his 72 beautiful young virgins while you are stuck reading this dreck.

Question: if ya' screw up slaughtering the infidels, (as in "you don't"), do you still get the virgins?

S.

Quartus
March 26, 2004, 09:41 PM
Sure it's easier to set off, but they drew the line too far down.

No, they're really getting better. Closer and closer to the goal - that magic 100% premature detonations.....

:D

Mr. Clark
March 26, 2004, 09:42 PM
Actually, more likely than not the explosive peroxides used (in the case of 90% of vests, acetone peroxide) prematurely detonated, a common problem when using large crystal primary explosives. A detonator isn't needed in the case of primary explosives, a simple flame from blackmatch (cotton string with blackpowder dusted on it in many layers) will suffice...
:what: :what: :what:

CB900F
March 26, 2004, 09:44 PM
Fella's;

He didn't get the virgins. Period. Why? Simple: An eunuch cannot enter paradise. And he didn't have the ba!!s to get where he was going.

:) 900F

WilderBill
March 26, 2004, 09:46 PM
I suppose the learning curve is kinda steep when you never get a second chance. :scrutiny: :D

4v50 Gary
March 26, 2004, 09:56 PM
May they all be blessed with such good fortune.

Third_Rail
March 26, 2004, 09:58 PM
I take it my fellow THRers didn't know about the actual chemical reasons for little mishaps like this?

And trust me, Quartus, if they continue using acetone peroxide and also trying to MELT and cast it, they won't live long. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but AP melts at, lets say, 300 degrees celcius. It will detonate at 305. Smart, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Perfesser
March 26, 2004, 11:26 PM
Next time we catch one of them, picture this:
Trial, death sentence, 'fast track' the appeals..
On his final day let him make his peace with Allah, then put him under DEEP
anasthesia (like that movie with Bridget Fonda)...
move him into a place that looks like his idea of Paradise; he wakes up in
luxury, food all around, but no virgins.
When he begins to wonder where they are, send in the first one...a big
backwoods boy right out of Deliverance.

carpettbaggerr
March 26, 2004, 11:52 PM
you ever hear the one about the suicide bomber who couldn't get his bomb vest to go off on the bus? He got off at the next stop. The bus drove away and 5 seconds later he blew up standing on the sidewalk. No injuries to anyone but himself.
No but I heard about the Polish terrorist who tried to blow up a car and burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe :p

Seriously, can't think why their using acetone peroxide. Might as well blow themselves up at home and save themselves the trouble

RON in PA
March 26, 2004, 11:57 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have one experienced WOMAN than 72 virgins.

Riphalman
March 27, 2004, 04:01 AM
that he was just a little terrorist, running around waving his fist and screaming "DEATH TO AMERICA'' ......they just blow up so fast, don't they?

The_Antibubba
March 27, 2004, 04:26 AM
Did you hear about the Palestinian terrorist who became so depressed, he didn't feel like killing himself anymore? :rolleyes:

You may groan now. :D

stellarpod
March 27, 2004, 08:40 AM
Riphalman:

That one put a big smile on my face. :D

Too good!

stellarpod

Ky Larry
March 27, 2004, 10:19 AM
If paradise is so great (72 virgins, food, wine, etc) why don't the terrorist leaders carry the bombs? Instead, the get somebody else to do the dirty work. Don't these suicide bombers ever wonder about this? I think I'd be asking "If this is such a good deal, why don't you do it yourself?":scrutiny:

Waitone
March 27, 2004, 10:28 AM
Actually the reward just may not be 72 virgins. Seems scholars now believe the actual translation is "grapes of unusual clarity." You'd think they'd get those little kinks worked out before doiin' the deed.

A palestinian gets on an elevator in an Israeli office building which is loaded with people. He promptly passes gas then gets off at the next stop. Heard from the back, "Thank goodness it was a dud."

MuzzleBlast
March 27, 2004, 10:52 AM
Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad. Was that the Judean Peoples' Front, or the Peoples' Front of Judea?

Rembrandt
March 27, 2004, 12:11 PM
...technical question....in theory one could drive through a neighborhood transmit a range of frequencies thus triggering automatic garage door openers to open....

...couldn't the same be done as a defensive mechanism? Transmit frequencies thus blowing up "Mustafa's" before they get to populated areas? When traveling through mountainous road construction sites, signs are always posted to turn off electronic communication equipment where blasting is being performed....just a thought....

Linux&Gun Guy
March 27, 2004, 01:21 PM
Third_Rail is right. The organic peroxides are popular with terrorists because they are very easy to make. I don't know why they keep using AP when Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide is much better.
Its a liquid at STP and is easy to use and make. Because there are no cyrstals like in AP it is safer even though it is an organic peroxide. It is toxic but they are going to die soon anyway:D

MSDS for MEKP (http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/ME/methyl_ethyl_ketone_peroxide.html)

If you want more info on MEKP(making it)... (http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=20)

Quartus
March 27, 2004, 05:08 PM
...couldn't the same be done as a defensive mechanism? Transmit frequencies thus blowing up "Mustafa's" before they get to populated areas? When traveling through mountainous road construction sites, signs are always posted to turn off electronic communication equipment where blasting is being performed....just a thought....

I dimly remembered this being researched or at least tossed around by various security types, so if it were workable I think the Israelis would have started doing it by now.

The issue with blasting areas is that radio transmissions, if strong enough, can induce enough electrical current in a wire to trigger a blasting cap. That's Not A Good Thing!

I don't know how the terrorists are triggering their bombs, but if it's chemical rather than electrical, radio transmissions aren't going to help.

Does one of you explosives experts know how they trigger themselves into hell?

Third_Rail
March 27, 2004, 10:47 PM
Chemical. Usually just a length of fuse and a pack of matches.

Quartus
March 28, 2004, 08:04 AM
There's something to be said for simplicity!

MrMurphy
March 28, 2004, 08:56 AM
One thing nobody thought about was sometimes carbombers apparently have radio transmitter backups, so in case Mustafa gets a little chicken, Akhmed back home can hit a button and BOOM when he's supposed to be at the target. I know there's radio-spoof transmitters out there that transmit on the frequencies usually used by such radio detonators to detonate them early, so maybe the Israelis had one working that day. Either that, or some guy had his boom box on and interference made something go click.

Too bad he didn't take Hassan, Aziz, Yassir, Yassin, and the rest with him.

BarnsBeware
March 28, 2004, 12:27 PM
Just askin'.

Do we really need to be posting MEKP recipes on The High Road? I mean the jokes are great, but perhaps we should steer clear of the bomb recipe debates? :uhoh:

Just my two cents.

Third_Rail
March 28, 2004, 01:20 PM
Note that I didn't post anything of that sort. I like to keep everything here legal, thanks.

LG&G: 1, Delete that link! 2, MEKP can be detonated by holding a vial of it and jumping or moving too fast, due to air bubbles. Believe it or not, for moving around, AP is safer. Not safe, just safer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mustafa, you idiot......BOOM!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!