Gun cleaning products

PDA

MoreIsLess
October 31, 2013, 09:08 AM
Is M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner about the equivalent of Breakfree CLP as far as a all purpose gun cleaner. I already have some M-Pro 7 Bore Cleaner and I need an all around cleaner so I am thinking of either CLP or M Pro 7 (no other suggestions please). I already have some gun oil as well as M Pro 7 bore cleaner so do I even need a 3 in 1 product like the 2 I mentioned or would that be redundant

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun cleaning products" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schwing
October 31, 2013, 09:43 AM
I have found that it works as well or better than CLP. I just choke on the price of that little bottle. I do like that it doesn't have a strong odor.

madwildcat
October 31, 2013, 02:23 PM
Good ol' CLP has always worked for me, but I have to second Schwing comment about the M-Pro 7 not having as strong of a smell. One has to wonder if less fumes might be worth a little more cash.

pittspilot
October 31, 2013, 11:46 PM
MPro7 seems to get better with use. By that I mean once you have done a pistol a few times with it, cleaning seems easier. It also works well if you soak for a time.

I like it because I can clean indoors and there is zero smell. It also is completely nontoxic. Well worth the additional cost.

Walkalong
November 2, 2013, 04:53 PM
MPro 7 cleaner is a high tech concentrated soap. It cleans things very well, but leaves them squeaky clean with no oil protection. It is not an all purpose product. It is a cleaner, and a very good one. Much like Slip 2000 cleaner.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun cleaning products" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!