Need Another Sheath

PDA

Sagetown
October 31, 2013, 09:16 PM
Hello HigHRoaDers:
Well; last time I posted here was about my Vietnam Survival Knife. That was in 2008. It's Sheath had turned to mush so I bought what I thought was a good replacement, but today, the tie-down tang broke into, so I'm hoping to find a replica sheath for it. I paid like $5 and something for my original , but I see the replica knife and sheath are going for around $75. Maybe I can find just the sheath. Anybody know where I can pick one up on-line?
Thanks
Sage

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Another Sheath" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
October 31, 2013, 09:28 PM
Vietnam Survival KnifeAre you talking about an issue air crewman's knife like this??

http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/0/7/9/2/7/webimg/3978033.jpg

If so, contact Ontario Knife company and see if they will sell you a new sheath.

Ontario Knife Company

Address: P.O. Box 145,
Franklinville, NY 14737

Toll Free: 800-222-5233

rc

Sagetown
October 31, 2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks rcmodel: Yep it's the 5" survival model dated on the pommel 5-1967. I've been searching online for them.

hso
October 31, 2013, 10:12 PM
Yep, RC's provided you the best advice.
You can purchase the sheath from Knife Center http://www.knifecenter.com/item/ON6152/

You may want to just call customer service at Ontario, though, and find out what they'll charge you for a replacement.

rcmodel
October 31, 2013, 10:29 PM
Or two!

Get'm while you can!!

Murphy's law says if you have two of something, the first one will never ever wear out or break!

rc

Sagetown
October 31, 2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks to Y'all: I got one on order. I'll put the mink oil to it in hopes it will last at least as long as I do, LoL. :D

hso
November 1, 2013, 08:17 AM
Wax would be my recommendation.

Bull Nutria
November 1, 2013, 08:18 AM
Murphys law also says if you really like an item find it useful buy 2 because they will surely be discontunued

Bull

Nighteyes
November 1, 2013, 09:01 PM
Murphys law also says if you really like an item find it useful buy 2 because they will surely be discontunued

Bull
That's already happened. The military-issued 5-inch Jet Pilot's Knife is a thing of the past.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Another Sheath" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!