A gun in your face?

PDA

PaulKersey3
November 1, 2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/innocent-citizens-held-at-gunpoint-in-terrifying-california-checkpoints/

This photo circulated on the net after some officers were shot by a gang member in Northern CA. I used this link only for the picture as the article and others like it (infowars) seem to draw their own conclusions. My question is, when is it okay to point a tactical rifle in someone's face? I respect LEO and everything they do. But we had a lot of trigger happy cops lighting up civilians out here when the Chris Dorner thing was playing out. Same thing with the door to door sweeps in the wake of the Boston Bombing. Is this jumpy, Iraq checkpoint mentality the way to go?

If you enjoyed reading about "A gun in your face?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PaulKersey3
November 1, 2013, 06:12 AM
Okay, so the link was killed the second I posted it. Here's another link with the same photo.

http://patdollard.com/2013/10/ap-photo-checkpoint-cops-point-guns-at-americans/

Sam1911
November 1, 2013, 08:17 AM
THR is dedicated to discussion of guns and gun ownership/use by the armed citizen. Police tactics and procedures aren't our beat.

Having said that, the four rules always apply. It isn't acceptable to pint a gun at anything or anyone you aren't ready to destroy. In active law enforcement operations guns are often pointed at people who are reasonably suspected of intending violence against the investigating and arresting officers.

The rather overheated "news" sources (posting InfoWars crap is nearly a banable offense in reasbonable places, you know) can't give us enough information to comment on this situation intelligently, even if this discussion was germane here.

If you enjoyed reading about "A gun in your face?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!