P.32 Range report

PDA

Ed
March 26, 2004, 03:36 PM
Just got it this week and today was the first time I had to try it out.

Took 2 boxes of ammo. WWB and S&B.
Wind was gusting pretty strong but I honestly think that probably had more effect blowing me than the bullets. The range was outdoors and the closest you can set targets is 15M. First I shot the WWB . Actually I think I started pulling the trigger and 5 min later the shell went off. MAn that thing has a long pull. I guess thats good for a carry gun with no external safety. I have fairly long hands so the grip was kinda awkward. First mag printed low and to the left. About a 16"-18" group(pattern) Next tried the S&B. Noticably stronger. All in all as I shot it I got to know the trigger better and by the end of 150 rounds I was grouping around 10" or a little less. No problems whatsoever with the functioning. I like it and feel good about carrying it. I only wish I could have shot it at a closer range to see how it would do at 5M or so.

If you enjoyed reading about "P.32 Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave R
March 26, 2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the report!

Grip kinda awkward? Yup. It is a real skinny grip. Feels awkward, but sure is nice in the pocket!

Patterns low and left? That could be the effect of the long trigger pull. You don't specify if you were shooting offhand, or bench rest, but a bench rest session will tell you whether its your hold or the sight alignment. Mine shoots right to POA.

Your groups should tighten up as you get used to the grip, trigger pull and sights.

Someone gave me a suggestion once, that helped me through the long DA pull. Visualize a string going from the bullseye, through the sights, and wrapping around the sights to your trigger finger. Now, when you pull the trigger, visualize pulling that string through the sights, and the string bringing the target closer to you.

Weird, but the thought process seems to stabilize my hand through the DA pull, and when the trigger breaks, the sights are generally on the target. It improved my accuracy noticeably.

Badger Arms
March 27, 2004, 03:05 AM
Actually I think I started pulling the trigger and 5 min later the shell went off.I grew up shooting a security-six double action. Funny, I listened to my father when he told me how to pull the trigger and it was no problem. You pull the trigger deliberately and rapidly rearward and allow the gun to go off. Don't 'pound' on the trigger and don't expect pressure to set it off. Simply pull through the arc and convince your conscious mind that the gun really isn't going to go off.

c_yeager
March 27, 2004, 03:49 AM
I think 10" at 15 meters is just about right for that little guy. Sure we all want a gun that makes a ragged hole out to a hundred yards. But, for the purpose this gun was intended to fill I'd say its doing just fine. I really need to get myself one of these.

Question, why did you get the .32 over the .380 of the same size? Im kinda debating the question myself. For some weird reason i WANT the .32 even though i know the .380 is probably a better choice. I don't know why but .32acp just seems 'right' for this gun. Any thoughts on that?

Ed
March 27, 2004, 08:47 AM
I got the .32 because it was $229. and everyone had one. The only 380 I know of was at $310 and I won't support that dealer more than I have to. From all I read, the 332 is CLOSE in performance to the 380 with that gun and holds 1 more shell. I might end up getting the 380 someday. It is 80degrees here today and my work clothes and enviroment force me to pretty much go with a pocket gun in the spring and summer. Very active around heavy machinery and tucked in nice button up shirts with Khakis. So I needed something for now. Not 2 months from now when they are more avaliable. Also understanding that the smaller shell, in the summer when I carry it, will have less clothes to go through if I were forced to use it, so the round would be a better summer round than a winter round. just my 2 cents.

rbernie
March 27, 2004, 11:30 AM
The Bersa mag finger rest seems to help controllability a LOT. For $3 per finger rest, you might want to try it.

Badger Arms
March 27, 2004, 02:52 PM
Here's a picture of the Bersa extension and the KT P32:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=898253

If you enjoyed reading about "P.32 Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!